Hushed Willows We are never belated
tonight's the night i die for our name
74 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
Even through the light-powdering of a snowcast day, Phoenix knew the willows the second he saw them. He had been looking for them, stirred by the nostalgia of his childhood tales into seeing one of the places his father had spoken of in great detail. The Maplewood, his own namesake, had been claimed, but the place his sister had been named for (and a place he had expected to house a wolf named Stark and his kin) was unoccupied.

He could see why his father had chosen this hidden sanctuary, housed by a mountain-face and guarded on nearly all sides by inhospitable terrain. Here was a veritable treasure trove of potential and privacy— a place that left him with emotions similar to that of the wolf before him, who had come first and felt these things for this land years prior. Without realizing that he was hungering to claim it, the wolf stalked about the willows loosely with his fairytales whirring brightly in mind. Distracted and enthused, Phoenix hunted for the former Keep's safe-house; once called The Crook.

Set during the RBF relocation; mainly for Constantine, but other RBF wolves are very welcome!
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
They had stopped to rest within the forest of willows – the long sweeping branches obscuring them and easing Constantine’s worry. As much as they had to relocate from their old home – no longer just because Durnehviir longed for her birth place, but because of the sea marauders that had began to raid them on their way out – he worried for the safety of his pregnant mate during such an arduous travel across the mountains. Still, he knew they would be there soon, and once they arrived, he would see to it that Durnehviir found the old whelping den immediately – and the rest of them would begin marking their new borders and scouting their neighbours to ensure they were not as enclosed as they had been last time. If they came upon troublesome neighbours again.. Constantine knew he would try to move mountains to keep their new home, if only because it was what his mate desired.

For now, the swarthy wolf lumbered through the area, his eyes drifting back every so often to the mountain that was finally at their backs now. Had Durnehviir not been so intent on Swiftcurrent Creek, he would have suggested they remain here. It was a small haven – and thus far, he had not witnessed any dangers.

The snow blanketed the land gently – and only when a brusque wind swept by, stirring his guard hairs to lift, did the shadowrunner come upon the fresh scent of another. A frown marred his features then, and with his nose uplifted to catch the direction, he began to stalk toward the stranger he knew to not be far off.

He caught the sight of rust and tawny fur – long limbs. He studied the other intently for only a moment before uttering a low woof to gauge attention – his fiery eyes alight as they regarded the other openly.
all you have is your fire
74 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Phoenix, forming a plan in his head on how best to locate the Keep's old densite, found his attention captured by the sound of company. He perked up, swinging his head in the male's direction as he tried to gauge any familiarity in the figure he saw ahead. He was dark, with radiant eyes and a build Phoenix knew better than to toy with. He let his tongue loll with soft anxiety, and he tipped a single ear back to indicate that he wouldn't be a threat. He approached slowly, deferring to the older male's posture on how close he could come, but he showed no fear in wanting to know the stranger, powerful-looking or not.

His red tail wagged a little, and he extended his muzzle, nose wriggling, in greeting.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Constantine studied the wolf he had come upon, noting the genial posture and ease with which the stranger approached. His approach was cautious – his tail giving a slow sweep in the air behind him, and Constantine’s own ears perked forward in attention, his nostrils flaring as he tentatively took in the scent of the other – rogue, he believed, but remained uncertain, as this side of the mountain was unfamiliar to him.

There was a decadent pause as both wolves regarded each other in friendly hesitation, and as Constantine’s form relaxed, his own tail began to beat through the air slowly in silent acceptance. “You from around here?”
all you have is your fire
74 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Whatever tenseness had been left in Phoenix' body melted away by the time his scent-introductory with the swarthy male had concluded. The yearling still looked a little full of himself, but there was no challenge to the set of his tall frame; just a bit of over-eagerness that an untrained eye might find misleading. "No. I'm pretty new to these parts," he answered readily. "I don't belong to this range, or anywhere really, but my father lived around here for a while. I'm just doing a bit of sight-seeing." He found no reason to keep his motives hidden, especially considering how innocent they were, but mostly he said this in case this stranger could be of any help to his endeavor; not that he wanted to wander around asking everyone for directions.

Phoenix wanted to be slightly more independent than that. "My name's Phoenix. Who're you?"