Redhawk Caldera typical
11 Posts
Ooc —
He came upon the caldera from the south, fresh from the pine forest that stood adjacent, and his long limbs carried him fluidly from shadow to shadow. The scents of wolf grew stronger — and by happenstance, there came a brief gust of meat, as he passed an exposed hind of some indeterminate animal. He had not yet crossed over the borders (nay, he did not even come close), and took to this rotten thing freely. Whoever had hunted it had taken their fill and left it behind, and it was weeks old. There was only the gaunt pelvis half-buried in the soil and he began to unearth it with a greedy abandon, unafraid of being caught — he was not stealing after all.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt had been running frequent patrols since they learned of blackfeather's return... frequent for him at least.  Ever since the situation with Clover he'd also been edgy.  That wolf was still out there too, and if he was after kids, they had quite a number of those residing within.

Normally all was quiet, and he was beginning to think perhaps their luck would hold until they moved.  Towhee had sent her bird, a fairly questionable decision in his eyes since how the fuck was a hawk supposed to know what wolves needed in a home? But anyway.  They'd be relocating soon and then perhaps they'd all breathe easier.

Then he saw a figure, over the borders, and his fur rose in response.  He wasn't near enough to warrant violence, but he didn't need to be hanging around here anyway.  Not till they were long gone.

"Oi! Shove off," Colt called, his tail waving behind him as he sidled up to the border.
11 Posts
Ooc —

A segment of the pelvis is blackened by the soil, but in probing he finds that it isn't just dirt, but dried blood. Old blood. Stuff that's dried to a nasty, ill shade of deep brown which likely soiled the bone from which it had come. There is no meat here — so he lifts and latches himself with crocodilian grace across the jutting bone segment. He is gnawing when a stranger comes upon him, and the voice makes him pause but not entirely stop.

Skaro studies him as best he can without releasing his grip; his ears twist, his nose takes a couple of long and deep breaths (his ribs undulating), and while he smells the sickening soil-rich aroma of the carcass, there is also the lively scent of many wolves upon the stranger. Finally he releases the curving hip and licks his lips, and then lets out a tiny chuff as if to urge some calm.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Perhaps, if they hadn't just had the encounter they had, Colt would have been mollified.  But with Blackfeather close again, and his own mood testy with recent pack developments, he wasn't feeling particularly allowing.  A tad unusual for him.

His eyes narrowed, and he shook his head.  "Go somewhere else."  He said, a slight brrrl behind the words.  It was the only other warning he'd give before he set chase.
11 Posts
Ooc —
He wasn't fussed, but didn't want to leave the bones where they lay without first squatting and defecating. He did this hastily, his hindquarters tucking neatly beneath himself as he released the curving hip of the long-dead beast; as he skittered back from the carcass, he left an odorous trail, but he did as he was bade. 

Take it, he was saying. Take the bones - the emptiness. He chuckled wolfishly with a flash of tooth and gum, and was soon slipping away to the dark.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
He didn't take the obvious pissing at his command well, assuming it an insult to him personally.  So he lunged, but he other wolf was already skittering away.  He could follow, but he snorted... not worth the effort now, and they'd have his hide if something happened while he was gone.

"That's right, better to run than tangle with me," he said to the now long gone loner.  Even that he run provided a pretty solid ego boost... Colt was a pretty lanky dude, but he liked to consider himself an intimidating sight.  Always nice when others agreed.