Stone Circle Sing me a song of sorrow, love
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Private 
@Steph here We go! Sorry it took a while

Now that he had permission to stay for a day or so he had hunted and taken down a pheasant. It was fitting because he was taking it to Keoni's grave where he would speak freely without being worried about Valette hearing. He made his way to the circle and lay down upon Keoni's grave, sucking in a breath. "I was a coward....asking your mom to say goodbye for me. Disappearing without telling how I felt. It wasn't returned, I understand that but still...I loved you and I was scared to say it."he spoke in a normal voice as if he was having a conversation with someone next to him.

"Even when I was a pup I liked you. You were beautiful and sweet, you spent time with me even though I was annoying. Then when I came back to Easthollow and you couldn't speak, you still spent time with me. Hunted with me. You were even prettier and even though you couldn't talk you spoke volumes. You were sad and bitter and confused...i wanted to comfort you, i tried."He sighed and placed his nose to the ground for a moment before lifting it again.

"I loved you. You weren't just a pretty face, you were an amazing woman. I never stopped thinking of you, I missed you most of all. I was gonna tell you, I had asked Krypton how to show a girl you liked them like that...but then Dawn came and they needed me at Morningside. You..know how much I loved my family..i had to go and I didnt even wait to say goodbye. Would that have changed it? Would you be alive if I had told you? What happened to you?..."his voice grew more emotional until tears dripped down his face. He shoved the pheasant aside, not wanting it anymore.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
After spending some time with Easy, Steph parted from her in search of Sunny. Easy had told her he was visiting Keoni, and so the first place she wanted to look was Stone Circle. Her tail wagged in anticipation of seeing him, remembering the fun times they had in the past. His voice reached her ears, and she almost darted to greet him. But, the sorrow in his voice stopped her in her tracks.

She frowned, her tail dropping as her ears perked, and she listened to him. Her own eyes filled with tears as she felt his pain. It was hard not to. Slowly, she closed the distance between them, nosing his shoulder. It wouldn't have, she said softly as she lowered her body beside him. We think she was testing new herbs, and ate a bad one. No one was able to come up with anything different. She had no injuries to the outside of her body, and they didn't think she had been attacked by anything. I wonder if she can hear us... I hope she hears you. I think she'd be happy to know. She kept her voice soft as she spoke, hoping he words wouldn't upset him.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
As the tears had begun to fall down and soak into the dirt below his chin, he remained silent. He had said everything he could think of and there was a pleasant sense of release of pressure in his heart. His ears flicked up as Steph appeared, startling him but he didn't move. He looked up at her as she lowered down beside him telling him news he didn't already know, how they suspected Keoni had died.

He couldn't remember Keoni ever having been interested in medical things, but perhaps she had taken it up when Krypton had vanished and he never noticed. "She had to have known it was dangerous but..."he paused for a moment, mind racing. "If there wasn't anyone else around to teach her, she probably thought the risk was worth it"he murmured. On the subject of whether Keoni could hear them or not Sunny shrugged "I like to think that when our bodies go, our spirit goes somewhere else. A happy place where we watch over our loved ones who remain down here. So...i think she hears and knows."He said with as much certainty as he could muster. 

He turned to look at her for real this time and his eyes widened  "You're all grown up! Can't bite my tail anymore can you?"he asked, surprised and pleased all at once. The revelation was enough to distract him from the pain so he could tease her in a friendly nature, eyes brightening slightly.

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She was patiently quiet as Sunny seemed to work through the possible cause of Keoni's death. She nodded to confirm what he said. There was no one around to teach her after Krypton left. She was learning by trial and error. She kept her voice soft, knowing this was a hard topic to breech. She smiled softly, thinking of Keoni and Murdock watching over them. It comforted her, thinking they were both at least out of pain. I hope so, she responded. 

Suddenly, he turned to really look at her, and Steph's eyes grew just a bit, wondering why. She chuckled at his comment. I can still bite it, and I can hold you down now while I do it, she threatened playfully. Before, he could have easily gotten away. Not so much now. She aimed a nip at his shoulder, though it was half-hearted. She wasn't sure if he was up for really playing, but she did want to try and lighten his spirits a bit.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The mention of Krypton made him swallow hard. His eyes darkened and he nodded grimly, trying to remember how broken and scared and just...how much of a mess Krypton had been when he had seen her wandering. He tried not to blame this on her, tried not to let the bitterness and anger rise within his chest. "She..Krypton left at the worst time. She was like a mom to me"he murmured and that was all he would say on the subject.

At her response to his teasing he all too willingly began to play. It was a much welcomed diversion from the sudden news that Krypton may have been at fault partially for Keoni's death. As she lunged to nip at his shoulder he rolled onto his back and attempted to  use his forelegs to grip her around the neck. If secured he'd pull her forward and nip at her neck and ears gently, a low growl of play leaving his maw.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She frowned at his whispered words. She knew what it felt like to have a parental figures. Hers, though, didn't have a choice. Murdock has died, and Steph didn't think he would choose to do that. Steph didn't know the reason behind Krypton leaving, so she didn't know if it was by choice or not. Either way, Sunny was obviously upset about. But, he moved the conversation quickly, and Steph went with it. 

He seemed interested in play, and Steph always was, so she returned the playful growls. His forelegs wrapped around her neck and brought her close enough to him that he could nip at her head and neck. Steph's own open jaws went for the ear that was closest to her. She attempted to throw a front leg over his abdomen to pin him down.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny laughed as she grabbed his ear and as she threw her leg over him he let her. Instead of fighting back he used a different tactic and began to place purposely slobbery licks all across the side of her neck and by her ears, snickering while doing so. Childish as always he wasn't afraid to use immature tactics to get her off of pinning him.

Sorry for the crap post!e

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I've cleaned up after puppies. I know what crap it. That is not crap!

Suddenly, the side of her head felt covered in slobber as Sunny used his tongue to attack her. Ewwww, she sounded off as she lurched her head backwards. The momentum sent the rest of her body with her, and she rolled away from Sunny. She stopped and righted herself, standing up to face her opponent. 

Her eyes narrowed as she sent a glare his way, still in good fun. I should have known you wouldn't play fair, she said, her head thrown back as she overacted the situation to keep it light. She pretended for a moment to ignore him before suddenly sprinting his way with a playful growl. If he was still on the ground, she would try to roll him over again and pin him down. If he had stood, then she would likely go for one of his legs.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He laughed loudly and grinned, a tongue lolling lopsided grin. As she reeled back he climbed to his paws and stood there, tail wagging quickly behind him. "Really? Fair? Dont tell me you wouldn't take a given opportunity" he teased her again, lowering his head to laugh once more as she seemed to have turned away to ignore him. 

"Aw c'mon Steph, dont be like th-" his words were cut off as she sprinted toward him and he gave a startled growl as she went for his leg. She managed to grab hold and he began to nip and chew gently at her ears, a series of laughs and growls mixed in.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She made a huffing sound as he tried to convince her that she'd take the opportunity. I have no idea what you're talking about, she said. But, if Sunny could play that game, then it would be perfectly fair for her to return the favor, right? Right!

She couldn't hold back a laugh as he started to gnaw on her ear. She craned her neck in an attempt to go for his underbelly and take a nip. She expected him to dance away from her, as most wolves would.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
As she went for his belly he gave a very unmanly squawk and jumped away. He gave Steph a playfully annoyed look, eyes narrowed "Oh now you're gonna get it" he growled in a teasing tone, lips twitching as he fought off a smile. 

He dashed forward and then pushed himself off the ground with his forepaws, tossing his weight onto his hind legs and balancing. As he was reared up he wrapped his forelegs around her neck and attempted to tug her in close. If he did he would flop onto his side and bring her down with him, using his body to break her fall so it wouldn't hurt.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The squawk that reached her ears was nothing something she had expected to come out of Sunny, and she couldn't hold back the laughter that bubbled up from her chest. His annoyted look didn't help, and Steph continued to chuckle. 

She saw him come for her, but the laughter she couldn't control made her reaction slow. The next thing she knew, his legs were wrapped around her neck and he was taking her to the ground. Steph gave a startled squeal as she came down on Sunny. Regrouping quickly, she tried to twist out of his grasp to bring herself upright. Even if she couldn't stand up, she would attempt to nip at his neck, growling playfully as she did so.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny snorted as she squealed, her weight coming down on top of him causing his breath to rush out in a comic wheeze. Sucking in a breath again he ducked his chin in tight and laughed as her nips tickled around his fur making him squirm and thrash on the ground. Panting he released her and flattened his ears back, tucking his tail and giving a dramatic whimper "I give O' mighty warrior! You win!" he said and grinned despite being the one to cave first. He felt better now, dark mood gone for the time being and replaced with a simple and pleasant happinness.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sunny's laugh was music to Steph's here. When she had first come upon him, he had looked sullen and sad. While Keoni would never be forgotten, Steph was sure her sister would not want them to be said all the time. They could mourn her, but still live their lives.

Suddenly, the surrender sounded, and Steph laughed as she untangled herself from Sunny. She rolled to the side, righting herself as she grinned at him. Her tail wagged as she watched him, almost expecting him to have faked the surrender, and come at her again.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny flopped onto his side as Steph seperated from him, eyeing her with curiosity. He wasn't sure how long this good mood would last but for now he was relaxed and himself once more. He grinned and pushed himself to his paws, charging at her and giving the air near her face a good nip before dashing off and then pausing. He did a little dance, paws beating the ground and then grinned "Race you to the borders and back. Winner gets to choose something as a punishment for the loser." he challenged her. He always loved a good race even though he wasn't exactly the fastest of wolves around.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
While she didn't fear that he would actually snap his jaws on her face, she still jerked her head back in response. She returned his grin, and was up on her feet at his challenge. Deal! she shouted, and then she kicked off with her back legs. Her paws kicked up a little dirt as she put her best paw forward in the race. 

She wasn't sure what her skills were compared to Sunny's, but they were about to find out!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny grinned and set off after her, keeping pace at her flank and not pushing himself to go faster quite yet. He spotted a log up ahead and braced himself to jump over it, legs tensing up to leap into the air. As he sprang he felt his paws brush the log and grunted, landing awkwardly and stumbling which slowed him down.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph kept neck and neck with Sunny, until he stumbled after leaping over the fallen log. Steph cleared it without a problem, and her concern for Sunny would overtake her want to win the race. She paused long enough to make sure he was alright. If he was, she would turn and continue running towards the border. In an effort to make sure Sunny was really okay, she would give up her lead in the race to watch him run, and win.