The Sentinels i'm a foolish fragile spine
t o m o r r o w
27 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

she had never seen the sea in all of its wrathful glory;  the songbird was wrought from the forest and its subtleties were intimately familar to her now; the solemn wonder of rain as it fell, the secretive whisper of leaves.  the ocean was something else entirely.

ava stood between the jagged teeth of the decimated sequoias that she presumed had once reared sentry to the churning brinewater below, and the gentle cup of her ash-tipped ears turned back as she observed how the waves crashed savagely against the steep walls of the stone face that shouldered the forest.  

secure in her solitude the woman of fire and bone lapped up the sights like an eager and starved hound, and she raked her milk tea gaze over the churning brine below until she'd had her fill.  with the waves at her back, she disappeared back into the red-armored conifers.

when the sun comes up we'll be nothing but dust
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Once, he’d seen what damage the world can do. Lightning struck a redwood many months ago and knocked over several, leaving an impressive damage in its wake. It has been a long time since he’s seen it, wondering what it looks like now, as he traversed a forest laid waste by fire. Some remain standing and untouched by he travels the portion of burnt ash and fallen trees until he hears the water, strong against the shore, and the scent of another whipped by in front of him.

His nose wrinkles to the unfamiliar smell but it does not slow him down. Curiosity and hunger drive him forward and he locates the pale and tan form ahead, disappearing into livelier trees. Ears cup forward and he lifts his head which looks strange on such a bony form. Sirio remains silent as he follows along, though he makes no real motion to keep himself hidden, and remains so until she notices him.
i want i want i want i want i want;
am i repulsive in my wanting
t o m o r r o w
27 Posts
Ooc —

it was not long before she had company, which was how it had always seemed to be.  for as long as she could remember there were those who sought her out be it for the striking complexity of her pelt or for other more insidious, but rarely did she indulge her companions.

she slowed and eventually halted when she realized she had company and her nose quivered as she took him in.  

hello, was all she offered in greeting at the moment, one ear cupped towards the boy and one to the side just in case.

when the sun comes up we'll be nothing but dust
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
It is not long before he is found out and she has turned to face him, her attention split by her ears. He stares blankly a few seconds before it takes a shake of his head to refocus his attention. “Hello,” he says, voice low. He doesn’t really know what to do now that he has what he trailed after and so he glances around a bit awkwardly, noting a few more burnt trees in the background. “You know what happened here?” he asks with a point of his nose.
i want i want i want i want i want;
am i repulsive in my wanting