Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Towhee felt a lot of things about the upcoming move. She almost reneged on the decision a dozen times. But despite her anger and fear, she resolved to stick to the plan. Secretly, she considered the caldera sacred ground: a place Peregrine and Fox had chosen and claimed for themselves all those years ago. But it really was just a piece of land at the end of the day. Why would they choose to live in a war zone when some work up front—because relocating an entire pack, especially with pups in tow, was going to be a feat—would result in a future of peace and prosperity?

She roamed the borders for the last time this morning, for old times' sake more than anything else. They would be leaving soon, so there was no need to fortify their claim. Towhee's stomach did a sickening flip-flop. She would never let anyone know how truly afraid she was of leaving the caldera and traveling through the wilds in search of a new home. She had rarely left their sanctum and didn't know the lay of the land at all. She was incredibly fortunate for X's role in this situation.

Speaking of him, she scanned the skies for any sign of the hawk. She didn't expect him back for another few days and dreaded his return as much as anticipated it. What would he find on the far side of those mountains? Was there anyplace that would serve as a new home for the Redhawks? Would they find a landmark as great as the caldera? These and thousands of other questions scrambled about in Towhee's brain until she felt sure she might go mad with uncertainty.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
for once tegan was actually facing towhee when he spotted her-- so he didn't have to make some obnoxious ordeal about getting her attention. he was leaving, not permanently but ... still, this was urgent. in fact, this was the most urgent thing tegan had ever experienced in his life. he was a piece of shit little wolf but he knew how friendships worked and up and standing people up was not a good way to keep them. he had to go find easy, like pronto, and he was gonna let towhee know first because... cause that's responsible, right? he should get points for that. 

"towhee!" he barked, even though she couldn't hear him, "i gotta leave, like real quick, i'll be back in a few days, but like i gotta go." his head dipped a little bit, cocking to one side. he switched to ptero. -i meet my friend easy every month at that ravine-- and i don't think i'm gonna be able to do it anymore, i gotta tell her, otherwise she's gonna just show up and then she's gonna hate me forever- he hoped that made sense to towhee-- surely it did.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She would've liked to welcome Tegan's appearance with a smile and wag of her tail, though the overwhelmed Alpha could only stand there looking at him blandly as he approached. When he spoke, however, he triggered more of a reaction from her. She blinked, twice, then began shaking her head.

"No," she replied firmly, signing it too for good measure. "I need everyone to stay put. The plan is to leave as soon as X gets back, which is going to happen any day now." Her eyes bored into him, willing him to understand the gravity of the situation. She needed everyone to stay close and at the ready. But for what it was worth, she did add, "I'm sorry about your friend, Teg. I just can't have you taking off right at the critical moment."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
tegan just blinked. did she really say no? he like, came and let her know-- didn't just wander off... what the fuck? his tail held still behind him. there wasn't any real emotion on his face besides surprise. "towhee that's so outta pocket-- i'll literally be gone for like... barely! i'll barely be gone!" his ears fell flat against his grey head. "please please please," he asked with a little wiggle from his tail. come on! he was so cute, was she really gonna say no again? 

he'd even take fiadh-- if that helped. but, well honestly something told him she wouldn't want two wolves gone.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When he argued with her, Towhee went rigid. Now was not the time to defy his Alpha's orders. She bit back a growl that bubbled up in her throat. She forced herself not to overreact. Her emotions were running at an all-time high, yet that wasn't an excuse to go off on her little brother.

"I said no, Tegan," she said firmly. But because she could see how important this was to him—and, despite her typical opinion of outsiders, she could relate via Hydra—Towhee added, "I'm really sorry. Once we find a place and settle down there, you can go find your friend." Depending on where Easy lived, they might be a lot further away and she didn't necessarily like the idea of him traveling such distances. But, "I promise I won't raise a fuss."

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
god damn it! tegan wanted to throw a tantrum, honestly. he felt kinda similar to that time that maia girl (did she even give him her name?) showed up and was causing a scene at the borders... but like, madder. his ears were still pressed to his skull and he looked pretty fuckin rough in the face, like he reeeeaaaallly wanted to say something back but sort of understood that it was not in his best interest to argue. 

he kept down all emotion except for a little dance he did with his front paws, and afterwards he dropped onto his butt and began to scratch at his ears. and then he settled, sitting before her sort of defeated looking. "morningside's on the other side of sunspire mountains," he told her, mostly just for reference. he didn't know what else to say unless it involved arguing, and even though he really wanted to, tegan knew better.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
A relieved breath gusted out of her when Tegan clearly gave up the fight, fidgeting before taking a seat. Softening immediately, Towhee nosed at his ear. When she saw his mouth moving, she stopped and withdrew to read his lips.

"Doesn't matter to me how far it is, I said you could go, so you can go—just as soon as we're established. You have my word, Teg." She paused, then asked, "It's not like you mind the distance, right? I thought you were big on wand—"

Towhee's voice cut off as she gave a sharp gasp, orange eyes suddenly fixed on a small shape in the distance overhead. "X!" she accidentally bellowed directly into Tegan's ear.

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
well maybe, but how long would it take to get there? and like, he'd totally miss their next meeting. he'd stand her up, and that's shitty. tegan was a shithead but he was way more clever about being a dick-- and that was just unnecessary. but fine. he at least had that. then again... who's to say he couldn't just go anyway... i mean, towhee would know where he was.

"hey motherfucker!" tegan yelped, ducking low-- so towhee probably didn't read his lips, but maybe. he scrambled to his feet and took a few steps back, shaking out his fur. ouch! god damn was she just trying to make a whole pack of deaf wolves? she was succeeding, if she was. ears angled back, tegan suddenly realized what had just happened. did that mean X had found somewhere for them to stay? oh no, he had less time to plan out his course of action than he thought.

oh well! to hell with rationale, tegan was acting on impulses now, motherfucker. 

focused on the bird, when towhee turned back she wound see a silver bullet streaking away.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She noticed Tegan's flinch in her peripheral vision, though Towhee's heart was thundering in her chest and she could focus on only one thing: X's silhouette coming closer and closer. She spun to fully face him, paws digging into the ground to resist the urge to meet him in the middle. She froze, waiting for him to wing closer, swoop and land in front of her.

Her words came out in a rush: "You found something." She could see it in the way he held himself. His head bob only confirmed what she already knew. A ragged breath tore from her lungs. This had all happened so quickly and suddenly Towhee's legs felt like they were full of jelly.

X made a motion, which Towhee interpreted in less than a heartbeat. Her head jerked to look over her shoulder, just in time to see Tegan vanish into the distance. Her heart dropped even as she pivoted to bellow, "TEGAN, YOU LITTLE SHIT, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" But it was too late; he was already gone.

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
what was that? tegan couldn't hear-- he was fuckin deaf now, thanks-- and just too far away to quite catch it. god damn! he couldn't believe that worked, towhee was usually so poignant. but she was deaf so, he had that advantage. whatever. 

morningside, here we come!!