Stand by Me
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie stood at the foot of the oasis, the sky a blossom with colors of the rising sun beautiful colors hinting of beautiful things to come. His tail held high and proud over his back just standing like this made him happy, submitting to others had been killing him. Especially submitting to a young and restless alpha like Fox, too many errors on her part, from the moment he joined with the Jaguar which tore the pack asunder and caused a split apart, truthfully weakening the pack not making is stronger; to the attack at the boarders causing her packmates to be wounded and a lose pack member still, while keeping a captive in the most none-captive manner to the moment she drove out two warriors out without first understanding the situation where a insubordinate wolf had broken open the whole 'incident,' Swiftcurrent creek was a joke.

Calm washed over him for the first time since he entered the Teekon Wilds, Finally a pack worth fighting for, a life worth living. Come what may he was ready, all that lay below his meticulously groomed pelt were scabby scars; his figure filled out he was ready to lead, Not just give an order but to fulfill that order too; to give his life to those who trusted his leadership .

Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace stood and shook his pelt free of the dirt that collected there and he went off on a tour of their new pack lands. He hoped that new wolves would come, with summer and spring being the ideal traveling time unlike he who had traveled mid winter to get to the other pack that he had been a part of for a short time. He found he couldn't even voice the name of it without getting a sick feeling in the pit of his gut and bile rise up in his throat.

He was content here. He went and found Ferdie and smiled at the leader, while averting his eyes. After all he was the alpha now and Jace and he they were no longer equals and he was fine with this. There was no discontent at all with that factoid. He shifted his weight and spoke quietly his voice low Well we did it friend. We did it.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie touched his muzzle to Jace's shoulder fondly. My dearest friend; I still can't help but feel I drug you through the ringer, Are you sure you will be happy here? he didn't say it aloud but he thought If swiftcurrent leaves us in peace if they showed up now, they would be showing just how insecure they were with their hold on their little creek, Ferdie could see it off in the distance if he looked, none of the activity below mind you but he could make out the water way.

He rather liked it that way, it served as a reminder of his misplaced loyalty and what can happen if power goes to ones head, yes this was the perfect place to have a pack if the winters were not to harsh. The thought of finding a route the hot spring he and Ame scented earlier make things exciting that meant animals would likely winter around there looking for warmth in the coldest months. Animals meant prey and prey meant life; Such was the circle they found themselves in.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace looked up for a moment a small smile on his face lighting up his eyes making him look as young as he really was. I will be fine in time Ferdie and for now I am content and I believe that I will soon be happy. I just need time is all. I do not like that my loyalty was questioned by Njal. He was unsure if he had already told Ferdie of his meeting with the warden of the creek or even if Ferdie had watched from the shadows. If he needed to explain he would, but for now he was content to just stand and watch the sun.

Jace was a bit wary of the coming winter months which were a few months away, but they were on the horizon none the less. Ferdie do you think I should start looking in the hills below for game? So we know where to find it come winter time? Or do you want me to move upward rather?
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie peered at the sky for a moment looking for wisdom or insight. The conversation with Njal had slipped by him, words said were to far away for him to hear, though he now wished he had been there.
He had not known Njal to be talkative, in fact he found that male to be downright elusive. It bothered him Njal had even tried to initiate anything with Jace, obviously the conversation did not go well; for Jace had not mentioned it and he was not pleased with the outcome of the conversation.

Ferdie rumbled deep in his throat and he shifted his paws. I'm sorry I had not been there for that ... questioning. I would love nothing more then to set things right with 'that' pack. I knew that day 'She' would not listen it was useless to try and talk. I would have thought though, that Njal would have been able to listen and at the very least understand your loyalty is NOT to be questioned.
His hackles bristled, his lacking of feelings toward the creek edging toward distaste. He calmed himself, hackles settling. Feeling anything for the creek wolves, be it love, distaste, or anger meant that they held something of him, it meant he had to put energy toward them and that was not something he was going to do. The waterway he could see below them was just that... Nothing good would come of feelings for it.

Ferdie glanced at Jace and shifted himself to stand beside Jace rather then above or over him, He didn't need nor want to show excessive status over him. You do not need to explain the conversation you had with the thick headed creek wolf, Ferdie smirked at his inside joke I can piece together how it was. As for the search for game, down below is more recognizable and there will still be game trails left by the vale wolves. We need to know what's currently in our territory and where to find it. Where do the goats winter?

Ferdie still watched the sky When another wolf or two join us, we shall get a hunt together and bring some larger game to fill the caches, if you've the spare time we need to recruit healthy wolves He thought of the spindly anxious wolf that was 'hanging out' below the Sunspire and frowned they did not need dead weight that needed babysitting just yet. He was almost glad that wolf from Wheeling Gull Isle had stopped by to collect her.

Ferdie himself would venture forth when he could and attempt to draw other wolves in, but his main task was to keep watch in case of trouble here. He doubted they would be left to their own devices for very long

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled darkly I do not think it was my loyalty to others as much as my loyalty to the creek. He told me that I had disobeyed a direct order and basically that was all that mattered to him. Jace was skirting around the majority of the conversation, but that was what had stuck with him that Njal did not care what had transpired all he cared about was that he had disobeyed, but he stuck by what he had said, regardless of who it was he would do the same thing over again. I think the worst part was when he basically told me he did not trust me around his family, his parting words were "If you come near my family again." Of course the threat is implied there. That is what brought me to my knees so to speak i would never hurt Tuwawi no matter what or his children. Unless he meant the Creek. He mused out loud unsure now if Njal had meant his own little family or the creek as a whole.

Jace listened and spoke quickly I have never seen Goats down in the lower lands. So they must winter up here on the mountain some where, but where I do not know. I already have a few caches started with hares, and birds and even some fish. I would love to find a waterway on the mountain, but I do not know if we will.

Jace listened he would look forward to a hunt, it would use up some excess energy and keep him grounded. He was not a very good recruiter, but he would. I will try there were two loners that I met around the mountain Helena and Dante, they were looking for a home, i do not know if they found one perhaps I will hunt them down and seek their answers. I will make a few trips here once we get some more caches and recruit if I can it may leave me away for a few days. Hopefully nothing paramount will happen while I am away.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
We need a new thread :D Fading out

Let's make sure at least either you or myself is on the mountain at all times for now. we need to protect not only the mountain but the wolves whom dwell upon it with us. Ferdie Von Pelt nodded solomnly and then head butted Jace in the shoulder. Talk soon! he promised as he trotted away.

Current time: May 08, 2024, 11:14 AM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.