Dawnlark Plains Awkward timing
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
Officially back from Morningside. Open for anyone but perhaps @Aliac as requested or @Skraeling if you have the time? Both would be cool too.

After having gotten Rae accepted as a Morningsider, though kinda not officially since she had to do the quest things, he had left it open for her to follow him around or go off to explore the borders. He needed to do a check on the caches.

The fresh one he had dug out had some prey in it but after digging around he found a rotten piece. It smelled raunchy and he gingerly picked it up, and carried it off, digging a hole and dropping it inside before burying it. Then he went off to the other cache had that been full. He separated the fresh ones off the top and then retched at the sudden smell of rot. He would smell absolutely disgusting after this. He kicked the rotted meat aside and then began to dig a hole tp bury them in. He sighed at the waste of meat and then began to shove and nose the rotten meat into the hole.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac was familiarizing herself with the packs new territory and found a familiar face finally. The she wolf let out a friendly bark as well as a flick of her tail before trotting towards the male. "Hey!" She called out as she came closer.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Just as he had nosed the last piece of foul meat into the houl,his face and paws now covered in reeking juices, he heard Aliac's call. Embarrassed he lifted his head and found himself looking directly into the brown eyes of the female, and flushed. "Hey..uh...i dont recommend coming too close.he said and sniffed at himself, cringing back. He stood up and began to cover the hole and pack it down by walking over it, before turning to face her. "I have to go wash off. Wanna come?"he asked. It was warm enough that he could probably play around in the water a bit, maybe she'd wanna have some fun too.

276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The she wolf contemplated his offer ar first but ultimately agreed. Sutely she had nothing else to do at the moment so she didn't think it would hurt anyone. "Sure, why not." She said with a warm smile.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny nodded and headed off toward the closest area of water. He waited at the edge of the water and then tested it with a paw. It was still fairly freezing but he didn't want to drink like rotten food for days so sucking it up he plunged in And-

In a totally unmanly way, gave a high pitched shout and clambered back out again. He panted and shook his fur out, shivering and began to lick himself clean. "There goes that plan. That was absolutely freezing"he said.
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac watched him as he went to the water and tested it out, but she wasn't prepared for what happened after he entered the water. As she heard him, she couldnt help but let out a giggle as she tried to hide it with her paws. "Are you okay ?" She asked
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
As she laughed at him sunny gave a lopsided smile and got to his paws. He approached her slowly with a goofy expression "You think me being wet is funny?" He asked and then pounced at her. He rubbed his wetness on her and then laughed playfully .

276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Before Aliac could respond or at least fully, she felt herself loose her footing as well as his wet fur. "I think it is a bit funny yeah." She said through her own laughter. Aliac smiled at him as her tail swayed back and forth on the ground.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny laughed as she fell and then plopped down beside her, grinning widely. He gave a long sigh and then finally nodded "Yeah I guess it is kinda funny he said and gave her a half smirk.

276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac laughed. "Yeah just a bit. So how are you doing? Its been a while since we talked." In fact the she wolf hadn't remembeed the last time. It was when she had arrived in Morningside.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
When she asked how he was doing he still had to do a self check and think for a moment. He had grieved and said his goodbyes to Keoni but even still it occasionally struck him at random times. "My childhood friend died. I was bad...really bad .  But I went to say goodbye and Grieved and I came home...and I'm better. I brought a New joiner, her name is Skraeling" He said honestly and then cleared his throat. He didn't know her too well and now he felt bad for unloading all that on her shoulders. "But um..how are you Aliac?" He asked in return.

276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac didn't mean to bring up a bad memory but he seemed to be in terms with it. "Im sorry for your loss and i hope to meet her soon." Aliac then thought of herself. "Im okay, just readjusting. Getting myself aquainted with the new territory."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny nodded "It's nice I suppose. It's a good territory but...its not the same as home for sure. We'll be better off though"he said the memories of the intruders, the lynx all flashing in his mind. They'd be safer here right?

276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
He was right. She had finally gotten used to the plateau but perhaps this was a safer route due to the pups being born. "I think we will as well. I mean as long as we stick together it doesnt matter where we are in my opinion." The pack was like the family she never had and she was happy as long as she was with the pack.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She had the true Morningside way of thinking and it made him look at her with a bright smile for a moment. For a second he considered something, just a slight thought before he pushed it aside. The thought was a brief wondering of whether she would make a fine mate, but really he didn't know her well enough yet. "That is the true Morningside way. We all have  one another's backs lile family, blood or not." he said warmly.
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac returned his gaze with a warm smile of her own as he spoke. The way the pack had taken her in as one of their own so quickly filled her with an undying happiness. "And I am glad for that. You all are the first family I have ever known and I am honored to be apart of it."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny felt touched and blinked,  bit taken aback by the statement. He slowly stepped forward and touched his nose to her shoulder, a kind gesture and then stepped back, looking at her with gentle seriousness. "We're glad to have you. From the few times we've met, you're one of the kindest and most willing individuals I've met. You look up to all of us when we're a just doing our best. You're an amazing part of our family" He said with sincerity. He wanted her to know that she was appreciated and cherished as part of the pack.

276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac felt his nose touch her shoulder and it made her smile once more. As she listened to his kind words, she was happy that he thought of her this way. Here all this time she thought that everyone thought she was weird and out of place or perhaps she thought that of herself at one point. "Thank you, I am really glad to hear that and Likewise." There was a feeling growing in her chest but she couldn't quite grasp it.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He seemed to have made her happy and that made a warm feeling seep into his chest. He studied her for a moment, finally taking in her appearance. She was pretty, pale in fur with nice eyes, something he always appreciated in a woman. The fact that she was not only pretty, but had a great personality to match was something he noted and he gave her a thoughtful look before clearing his throat and looking away, hoping She he hadn't noticed his staring. "I should probably go get a bite to eat and rest for a bit. I'll see you around Aliac?" he asked hopefully.

276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac nodded as she stood up from her spot. He asked her if he would see her around and it made her happy. "Of course! I look forward to it." She said with a warm gaze. "Hope you have a well rest and I think I shall do the same.¨
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny grinned and gave a nod of confirmation, turning to head off. Before he did however he paused and turned back "Hope you rest well." he said, almost like he was hesitant to leave. He was really exhausted at the moment so he flashed a smile and then turned back again, walking off.