Broken Boulder making my way away, my way to you
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

With the pack settled, Alarian knew it was time. He had put it off long enough-- the journey he knew was inevitable. The boy couldn't deny it had been, in part, his own selfish desire to simply forget. But more importantly, he had stayed for the others. Bracken Sanctuary was home to his loved ones, all important to him in different ways-- the disappearance of one, he knew, could not be a reason to abandon the others.
Now, though, things were settled. Their Sanctuary had been thoroughly claimed and secured, their dens chosen and their caches filled comfortably. It was time for Alarian to face the inevitable-- he needed to search for Lennon. The idea made his heart ache; of course he knew the chances of finding his wayward love. Of course he knew that waiting hadn't helped that.
It seemed he never had any option but the worst. The boy sighed harshly, frustrated, and sent up an abrupt howl for Lily and Lanawyn. His posture and expression spoke of agitation already.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She wasn't very far away at all when Alarian's summons rang through the air, calling for both her and his lovely sister. Flicking an ear in a resigned fashion--she'd been just about to nab a rabbit, practicing Korei's lessons, but the howl had scared it away--she trotted toward the source of the noise, coming across her leader soon enough.

"Hi, Ali," Lily said, a smile stretching her lips. She gave him an affectionate nudge to the shoulder. He looked like he was about to explode, and she knew the news he was about to impart on them couldn't be good. What was he up to?
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

she knew when her brother's call rang through the air that it would not be good.  the boy-turned-leader had been increasingly on edge lately — she could not help but be agitated alongside him as a result of his anxiety.  

hurriedly, she made her way towards him and settled a good distance away, letting lily nestle into him.  good.  after korei, alarian needed some company.. and perhaps lily needed some, too.

silently, she waited.

— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He should have known Lanawyn would suspect something-- while Lily approached him affectionately, his sister hung back, and he worried that she had guessed his purpose and disapproved already. Alarian took a breath, fixing his attention on Lily for the time being.
Hey. He nosed her ear, attempting to be playful despite the obvious tension. I need, um, a favor-- I guess. I didn't want to leave while everything was so... uncertain, but now I think-- I think it's time for me to look for Lennon. Can you look after things, please?
Ali gave both the girls a slightly pleading look; he didn't want to leave, surely they would see that. But he had to, didn't he? I'd do it for any of you-- I should have done it sooner but I... He paused. I will come back. I promise.
The boy turned his gaze to Lanawyn; the reassurance was mostly for her, but he was afraid this would be too much like last time, that she would think he was abandoning her. In a way, maybe he was, if only temporarily-- but he didn't let himself think about that. If he questioned it now, he would fold, and wrong or not he would search for Lennon.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She cast her gaze back to Lana with a radiant smile, then looked to Ali as he spoke. Her face fell when he revealed the reason for his summons, and she tried not to look too openly upset, though she knew the disappointment showed in her eyes.

It wasn't that she was sad he was leaving, but she was sad he was leaving on account of Lennon. Lily had just come to accept the brawny male was gone, and she'd hoped Ali would do the same--but then again, she wasn't as close to Lennon as the Governor had been. Still, with them so recently settled, and things not quite solid between the wolves of Bracken. . .

"Sure, I think we can manage that," Lily responded, affecting coolness. She looked back to Lanawyn, shooting her a much different smile--this one filled with trepidation. "Right?" She shrugged, padding to sit by Ali's sister. "I think we'll be fine."
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
I think this is about done, maybe another Lily post and it can be archived? Up to you, em, since Lana is PPC!
The boy didn't miss the disappointment in Lily's eyes, or the moment she looked back to Lanawyn. His sister hung back even as he spoke, though surely she had heard him. He looked away, trying not to let his own hurt show— couldn't at least one of them understand? And he didn't dare approach Xahi or Korei, not now that he could feel ugly things rearing their heads whenever he thought of either of them. Ali swallowed hard and fixed his gaze back on Lily, who had gone to sit by Lanawyn now, and tried to ignore the growing feeling that Lennon had tainted everything and left him with the corrosive remnants.
Thanks! The Governor masked his own betrayal with a thick layer of cheer, tail waving in the air happily. He lingered briefly, watching them for another moment. I'll see you soon.
He almost choked on the last word, but turned and hurried away before he even finished it. When he was out of their line of sight, he broke into a run, and didn't stop until he was too tired to think.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
"Okay, bye," Lily said, but she wasn't even sure if Ali had heard it--he was already off on this adventure. With a sigh, she looked at Lanawyn, momentarily lost for words. It was a fool's errand, in her opinion, but who was she to stop Alarian from doing it? All they could do now was make sure everything stayed in order while the Governor was gone.

Which, honestly, shouldn't be too terribly hard. Everyone more or less got along and kept to themselves, and the caches were fairly well stocked. They'd watch and wait, until Ali returned--with or without Lennon. Lily couldn't decide which outcome she'd prefer.

"Well, that's that," she said to Lana, and the two of them padded off, murmuring of the responsibility that had just been shifted onto their shoulders.