Moonspear the guardian
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
i'm ok to forward date if pup players want to pop in and do something like eye-opening or some such, just let me know in your ooc post :) @Arcturus @Yami @Yama @Revui

Every day he stood guard by @Amekaze's den to make sure the pups were alright. They seemed relatively quiet so far, though he did not mind much. Ame seemed to have taken this birthing hard and though he did not wish to admit it out loud, it made the father worried for next year's litter. For now his attentions were focussed on the pups and their mother though, wanting to keep them safe and also using them as a distraction from his worries.

The pups seemed to be doing well so far and he was glad that they were healthy enough. As Amekaze had taken a small moment to relieve herself Charon was positioned by the den's mouth and watched the pups squirm around in search of their mother, content enough to just watch them for now.
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The world around her was not yet something the little girl understood or even really recognised. There was warmth and there was the cold, a full stomach and an empty one; she didn’t know what a stomach was or that she had one, she just vaguely recognised feeling content after a feeding. It was discontent feelings that roused her, though, two of her least favourite things being the firsts to greet her: the cold and a soft grumble in her stomach; though she was unable to hear sounds, the feeling was there and she did not like it. Yama’s nose twitched and she began crawling forward, nosing around for a teat, but there wasn’t one to find. In the process of searching, she bumped into a sibling or two (maybe it was the same one, she couldn’t tell), face squishing against them each time and making her snort—but that didn’t stop her. She continued to wriggle around amongst her siblings, snorting and whining for the Milkgiver.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        When the wannbe voidling couldn't find a teat to latch upon, he would writhe beside his unseen siblings and yowl with the fury of an unbridled (but tiny) storm. Revui had become accustomed to being awake - and maybe the same could be said for the wraith that was his mother because of his constant wanting - and nothing made him cease. Today, while his siblings raged beside him or slept or ate, the silvered boy dared to roll and kick his way free of them. His mouth opened and shut endlessly like a fish; to say he was cute was an understatement, but not one he would ever accept, and surely if he were old enough to hear and comprehend then such a comment would only illicit the snapping of his crocodile jaws. Through his wriggling and protest he managed to fall upon the ghostly toes of his progenitor, and latched upon them fiercely with that gummy mouth - at last! A feast! It would be mere moments before Revui learned that he could not draw milk from a toe, woe was he, and so began the caterwauling.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The pups were unruly without their mother there, as they always were. They would get fiercer in time, he knew from experience, and it would be harder to detain them especially once they would be able to properly walk. Charon watched as they squirmed and sought for Amekaze, though the grey boy in particular stood out as he flopped about and seemed to try and suck the air dry in lack of a teat, making him look much like a fish on dry land.

Charon grinned at the boy as he wriggled his way, eventually reaching one of his paws. His wanting mouth finally found something that reminded the boy of a teat, but Charon knew that he would find only disappointment here. Still, it would keep him quiet for at least a little bit while he sucked on the toe. Charon craned his neck to nuzzle the boy's back and he inhaled the scent; Amekaze, milk, and a little bit of the boy's own scent in there, hidden away for now. He glanced up at one of the brown pups who, meanwhile, was wriggling around in a series of complaintful snorts; probably still looking for Ame.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
After the reprieve granted to go tend to her needs, she didn't exactly rush herself back. Not that she went far, but it was with a slow mosey that she aimed towards the den now that she was done. Knowing that Charon was on guard and that she trusted him to the highest degree of them all, she enjoyed the fresh air a few drawn out moments longer than necessary.

To the nearing sounds of puppies, her puppies, whining for her--she pricked up her ears and eventually felt the bothersome pang of maternal instinct dig deep into her skin. The last few strides were perhaps a touch wider than the rest, although she did still pause for a long sigh before meeting the entrance and their father at guard. But, once there at the threshold, she kept on the side of Charon opposite them, and chose to keep him as a barrier for now. She nudged against his nape with her snout and rumbled fondly. "All well?" she asked after a soft huff of a sigh as she readjusted to the darkness of the den and the sight of the litter to see for herself too.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Pop in whenever, pups - just wanted this to not get too old!

She returned at last and Charon breathed easily knowing she was back. He smiled and her happy rumble was returned with one of his own as he nodded. "Missed their mama," he said with a grin, knowing that she already knew this. "I have a feeling these will be troublemakers. They're so lively." Time would tell if he would be proven right.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
"Mm," she grunted, not surprised to find they had missed her. It was her they had known the longest, after all. They were lively, true, but still all too dependent on her--all helpful towards really making her absence sting to them. But, she knew that would lessen the older they grew, and the more of the rest of the world they could behold.

But, troublemakers? "Perhaps. I could see it.. especially the girls if it stays that way," she mused as she surveyed them again, looking to decide who was complaining the worst before she did anything about it. They had been tiring her out for a long time now since they were just so busy, always needing this or that or trying to do this, and of course, annoyingly enough the two girls matched.. so she really felt like she was covering all of her bases here in puppy-raising woe.

Finally, with a soft huff, she finally edged further into the den around Charon to more properly tend the needy pups. "They do have a lot to say already," she huffed, though in good enough humor (fresh from the fresh air, she was alright with it). "And a long way to go still.. but I think they will give their siblings a good run for it," she smirked, especially if they continued being as feisty as this--and even if their older offspring had set a high standard, Ame was still very proud of her little family here with her as her eyes roved the newest ones once again.

She took a moment to get situated, and nosed the nearest, fussiest, puppies closer before she curled around them in a crescent--nose still facing Charon.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn't necessarily mind troublemakers. They'd be a bit of a handful in their youth, but looking at their past years, the triplets'd been troublemakers and they turned out well. Last year's litter had been quieter than either of the others, and they'd had the faulty pup as well as Galaxy who'd got herself in many spots of trouble before meeting her untimely demise. Maybe troublemaker would keep them alive.

"mm" he murmured as he looked at the girls of the bunch, both brown. He hoped they'd grow to be more distinct so he would be able to actually tell them apart at some point.

Charon nodded at Ame's words. The same pride resonated in his eyes as he looked, a broad smile on his face as he looked at them. "They'll grow up fine, I'm sure," he said fondly. Each year there was a lot less worry, and it was easy to relax now, knowing that the strongest'd survive and looking at how strong they were already, he was certain they would all do well this time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She would rather raise a whole lot of troublemakers than bear the mountain more of the ill-fated souls that had already left them. Of course she believed that the strength she wanted to anticipate of this newest brood at her side suited them far, far more. It was still much too soon to tell, but she had a good feeling about the two boys and two girls--and by now, she knew what they could do here, and what innately may come to them if they took after any of those before them. "They will," she agreed with a slow exhale of a sigh, and settled into her contentment more by the heartbeat.

She felt good--at ease, and satisfied, while she reached to groom the nearest pup's back. Her eyes traced over them again and again. Though she had always known them, she still greedily wanted to know them better--and beyond their basal needs. She wondered if the grayed boy would lighten, or toe a line more like Jarilo did. She wondered if the dark one may keep his blue eyes. Among all that, she admired the browns mottling into the furs of her daughters, who she poked her nose upon gently. "Earthy little things, though. I wonder what they will look like once older.. our others all grow up so distinct," she appraised fondly for she loved watching them grow into the wolves they would become--their features striking, sleek, and strong as all their individual blends of their parents' traits constantly captivated even her. "We do well by them, I feel," she quietly sighed, then stilled once more; he would know, and although she was tired, she was happy too.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon watched the earth-furred pair of wolves and nodded at Ame's words. Their children were all wonderful and he, too, wondered what this year would look like for them -- what these pups would grow up into. How they would look, how they would behave, what they would be like. He was proud of all the children that still roamed Moonspear's slopes today.

"We do," he said with a proud smile to confirm. Then, after a short pause, "You do. You're a great mama." Charon did not say these things often even though he felt them. Words had never really been their way to express themselves to each other really. To confirm this by actions Charon leaned over to nuzzle Ame's face.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        Try as he might, little Revui was still so hungry and there was nothing happening to change that. The white toe in his mouth soon transitioned from possible source of a meal to hairy soother (ew), and he spat it out. With a few whines and little noises he plopped his chin against the damp foot of his father, and idly chattered away — appeasing himself with little sounds to distract from the lack of food.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Charon agreed, and contentment like this came unparalleled.

Distinct and curious as they were, the pups were all too valuable to her, and of course, him too. For them, they were worth what she could do--and what they brought from her. They deserved it. She rumbled softly and leaned against his nudge, then answered with another low, affectionate note. She loved him, them alike. Hopefully they knew.

In no rush to change anything, she did eventually gather the puppies at her side and dozed off once they were fed then tended to. With her mate's company so close, she was at her greatest ease.