Mount Apikuni banana seat, a canopy on two wheels
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
the trip was definitely easier with @Easy-- haha. i mean, the two were deeeefinitely getting on one another nerves, tegan's more on easy's than vis versa, but it was still a fun trip. at least for tegan, hopefully it was for easy too. 

after a lull in conversation/nagging, tegan let out a light hum, trotting along beside his friend. "heeeeyyyy easy," he chirped, eyeing her curiously, "i spy with my little eyyeeeee.... sommettthhiiiinnnggggg... grey!" he hoped she'd play along. he was looking specifically at a big ole boulder a little ways off-- even though most of the terrain was something rocky.
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Although she'd never really played the game before, Easy was a bright girl and caught on quickly enough. It was a welcome distraction from Tegan's dumb comments, amusing though they might be. Slowly but surely, Tegan was helping her to develop a thicker skin.

"Is it... my fur?" she asked dubiously, craning her head to glance back at some of the silver-grey splotches on her flanks. She'd been about to ask if it was his face, but he couldn't exactly see that, could he? Actually - with a bit of straining, Easy could see her own dark muzzle. Tegan's was grey. She could still say it! "Or is it your face?"
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
"nope and nope!" tegan said with a wag of his tail, "good try though-- but one more guess and then you lose." he just wanted to win, that wasn't an actual rule, but maybe she wouldn't call him out on it. slowly they approached the boulder, but he kept his seafood gaze locked on her, not wanting to give away aaannnyyy indication of what grey thing he was referring to.
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Easy huffed, disappointed to have been wrong even though she hadn't really thought it could be either of those things. Luckily for Tegan, she didn't know the rules of this game, and simply grimaced at the news that one more bad guess would mean failure.

The dark girl cast her gaze around, resisiting the urge to say something along the lines of 'your dumb ass'. Not only was that likely to make her lose - Tegan would probably have something smart to say about it as well. "I don't know - a rock?" she asked, seeing as there weren't that many other grey things around. What wasn't covered in slushy snow was now turning bright and green.
JoiMorningbreeze!
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
honestly a safe assumption, tegan would've definitely asked her why she was looking, and then wiggled. she probably didn't care to see that. "mmmm you seem like you need the help, so i'll give it to you, but you gotta be specific next time easy-peasy," tegan said, and then took a moment to point to the big ole rock with a paw. 

"okay! your turn!" he barked, tail waving as he took a moment to study easy with a bright gaze.
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Having gotten an idea from her earlier musings, Easy was quick to reply, "I spy with my little eye something that is black." There were not too many black things around - a few pebbles as they walked by, some charred trees up on the mountain's side, and of course, Easy herself. And if he tried to choose her as a whole, she knew exactly what she'd retort.

"Good luck," she added smugly.
JoiMorningbreeze!
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
well that was-- "easy, you're the only black thing for miles," he said pointedly-- formed as a pun, but also falling right into her trap. damn, how could he not see that! he should've been more on edge, but tegan was beat from traveling. even his quick power nap at morning side hadn't really done much for helping to sharpen his senses. whatever, tegan had some thick skin, he could tank some banter.
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Easy's grin turned a bit mean. "Be more specific!" she caroled, wiggling her butt and then loping off, attempting to get her very black nose out of sight and out of mind. He had two more guesses, and then she was going to laugh in his dumb face.

But a friendship laugh. Not a mean laugh. Maybe.

"Tegan-weegan," she added over her shoulder, just to nettle at him. The nickname hadn't done much so far, but she was hoping he'd get sick enough of it to stop calling her Easy-peasy. What even was a peasy? It sounded like it had something to do with urine, and that was not what she was all about.
JoiMorningbreeze!
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
ah shit! she got him. "damn! played in my own game!" ears pricking, tegan let out a playful growl and bounded after her as she went off. and then, all in good jest probably, aimed a nip at her backside. "is it dat ass?" he chirped, diving away immediately because he knew how dangerous a territory that was. heh.
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He went for the bait! "Nope!" said Easy, and then he went for the bait and she let out an indignant squawk. Did he just? He did. "Hey!" she accused, darting after him as he dove away, her expression severe but her tail wagging.

"One more guess and then you lose," she called after him, glad that she at least had that going for her.
JoiMorningbreeze!
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
sry this is my fault i suck. i'm gonna wrap it up

"nah!" yelled tegan, who turned and dropped into a 'menacing' playbow, "it's absolutely dat ass, you can't convince me otherwise." no one can tell you you're wrong if you can be stubborn (and annoying) enough. and then, tegan took off. whether or not easy was in tow was a big ole shrug, but he just wanted to play some tag, dammit. if she refused to chase him he'd just turn and huff around beside her until she became just irritated enough to start up a scuffle. and then they continued on their merry way.