Bearclaw Valley peach moon
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
All Welcome 

issun spent his first couple of days building up his strength and getting familiar with the new territory. everything felt to new and strange, he didn’t know what to make of it. staying in one place was like some new concept to him, even after going through this exact routine multiple times. he’d just have to get used to it again.

he stirred when the morning light gave his coat a slight warmth. the man had found himself an empty den in the valley the night prior and was able to rest easy in what felt like ages. issun stood up, stretched his limbs, and bounded off, ready for day’s work.

common | japanese
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
keeping mention of laurels puppos vague  - ty for starting

purpose rippled through her body as she strode from laurel's densite, panic setting under her skin. laurel's nutritional needs over the next few weeks would triplicate - the redleaf was only just becoming aware of that. she would have to replenish the cache as quick as it was being extricated -- a feat she found insurmountable particularly without blondine.

in her haste she nearly briskly walked right by issun without noticing him -- it was only the scintillating gleam of the sun off of his dark hide that gave him away, and indra froze as her eyes set upon him. she knew him -- the unexpected realization halted her completely. otter creek -- issun -- their conversation about being lonely -- it all came back to her piece by piece.

"issun?" she ventured, still incredulous that he was here -- the pack scent clung to him well enough she was sure he was not an interloper, all the same she did feel a prickle of disquiet down her spine.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
his pace slowed into a steady trot when he caught sight of a brisk red shape not too far from him. he made his way towards it, deciding it was best to introduce himself to his new packmate sooner rather than later.

as he closed the distance between them, he realized that this was no stranger, but indra, whom he had met not to long ago. a warm smile crossed his face. “that’s the name,” he chuckled, “what’re the odds i’d find you here?” it was a nice coincidence. “how are you?

common | japanese
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
it took the male a moment to recognize her, but indra did not begrudge him for it. they had been passing strangers in the wilderness, their interaction fleeting -- she was just relieved she was not wrong when she called out his name.

he came to her and indra took a few steps herself to assist in closing the cap -- the kind smile that creased issun's muzzle was mirrored (although briefly) by her own soft smile. "you followed me." she joked -- had she a tail she would have wagged it -- instead all issun had to go off of was the fact that a sardonic gleam carried in her amber eyes.
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
admittedly, he thought their meeting at the creek would be the only one, so he was pleasantly surprised to see her around here. maybe he’d feel more comfortable here knowing there was someone he knew, albeit not very well.

his muzzle tilted up slightly in amusement. ”oh yeah, of course i did,,” he scoffed jokingly, “i had nothing better to do.

common | japanese
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
it was incredibly reassuring her joke was well received; as issun followed along, nonplussed, indra offered a quick grin. it was long enough for issun to know she appreciated the jest; while it faded, it was no less fierce in its brief transpiring. "well, at least you can dedicate yourself to worthy causes." she joked, feeling the apprehension she had before had fled from her frame.

"who did you meet -- i mean, who let you in?" she asked, more to satiate her own curiosity than anything.
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

a woman,” he started. how to describe her? “she didn’t say much when i met her. she caught me a bird and took me here.” now that he said it out loud, it was embarrassing that he didn’t catch it himself, but he could make up for it here. he felt obliged to. “and now i’m here.

common | japanese
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
as threadbare as the description was, it didn't take much for indra to compose the piecemeal reply into an answer. she rolled her shoulders, and offered no insight on the matter. he was here, it was surprising, but he was here -- indra could accept that.

"have you seen much? i could show you around." indra hadn't done much stretching of her legs as of late -- the pups, combined with her anxious patrolling of laurel's den, had been all she had preoccupied herself with as of late. perhaps issun could be a welcome distraction.
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
nope, not much.” he had seen bits and pieces of the territory, most being in the valley near his den, but hadn’t ventured any further than that. he wanted to take in the surroundings little by little. ingrain a map in his head.

issun took a few steps forward before turning back to indra. “lead the way.

common | japanese
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra was happy to oblige; showing her home was a proud event for the girl, who had found in bearclaw's halls a flourishing confidence. without much delay she swept off at a rolling walk, looking once behind her to ensure issun was not far after.

together, the two delved into bearclaw -- indra pointed out every place of interest to the residents from the dens, to the many hunting plains -- and once the tour had concluded, gracefully bowed out so she could seek out laurel.