Blacktail Deer Plateau Wherefore art thou?
All Welcome  April 12, 2018, 07:21 PM
Ridge
Wild Fauna

For @Sebastian

Ridge landed a couple feet from the edge of the cliff, and then waddled until his claws hung off the side. He was happy to find this little gem, as it held the necessary component of his favorite pastime: cliff diving! His tail feathers shook in anticipation as he looked down the sheer drop. Spreading his wings, he let gravity pull him forward and off the cliff. His eyes narrowed against the cold wind as he watched the top of the trees some barreling towards him. Or, technically, he was barreling towards them. 

Just before he would crash, he angled his wings to fly parallel above them. Slowing his speed, he dipped below the canopy, turning his body side to side to miss the trees. His sharp eyes caught the sight of a wolf, and thinking of the friendly ones he's already met, he swooped down to meet this one. He fluttered to a stop on a low branch, in the direction the wolf was heading, and screeched his presence. His head tilted, and he waited to see if he would get a greeting.
April 13, 2018, 07:02 AM
Sebastian
Lone Wolves

Sebastian moved carefully into the territory of the wolves that had abandoned it. For him, it felt very strange to be in a home of a pack. It seemed they didn't leave too long ago. Sebastian walked carefully and slowly, this made his limp less visible. When he would walk he could support his weight. Only with a trot or gallop or any other fast speed, his shoulder couldn't keep up.

The grey male was quite startled when he heard a loud screech. He almost topped over, luckily he landed on his good leg. He turned around and looked up at the branches with a light scowl as who scared him. His docked tail held up. The gash on his shoulder looked painful, and the little scars on his neck and chest still needed fur to grow over them. Sebastian looked rather worn and battered. Poor soul. A lone wolf was never a good thing, that was why he needed to find Aviana.
April 13, 2018, 07:15 AM
Ridge
Wild Fauna

The wolf startled at his screech, and Ridge instantly felt bad. It had not been his intention to scare the male. He was awarded an a glare, for which he felt he probably deserved. My apologies. I didn't mean to startle you, he said honestly. 

His sharp eyesight caught the shoulder wound, the scars that littered his upper body, and then the shortened tail. Curiosity getting the better of him, he asked, What happened to you? They looked like fighting wounds, and Ridge wondered, if that was true, what the other wolf looked like, too.
April 16, 2018, 03:06 AM
Sebastian
Lone Wolves

Sebastian relaxed when the bird talked to him. It wasn't often they did but in this case it helped. The wolf relaxed and made his scowl vanish. "Your screech is rather loud," he pointed out. He was mostly startled because he wasn't in the greatest body shape and that didn't give the wolf much confidence. He also wasn't in a pack anymore.

"There was a war between packs and I fought for mine. Alas, I am not a fighter so I paid the jackpot," he explained. "But, I am actually looking for my sister. She lived here. Do you know where her pack went? I need to be with my kind again otherwise I will not survive."
April 16, 2018, 07:39 AM
Ridge
Wild Fauna

The wolf relaxed, and so Ridge settled himself on the branch. Yeah, it doesn't really have volume control, he joked, though it was true. Then again, he had never really had a reason to try and control it before.

He listened as the wolf told him of a war. The eagle was a little surprised at the fact they fought like that at all. Was the war over food? he asked. It was about the only time Ridge ever fought. But, then, he still didn't understand wolf dynamics all that well. 

As the wolf spoke of needing to be with his kind again, his thoughts went back to Indra, and her explaining that wolves didn't live alone very often. No, this is the first time I've been in this area, he confessed. But, I did meet a friendly wolf on the other side of those mountains, he said, pointing his beak to the east. Maybe she could help you. I believe her name was Aviana, if I remember correctly, he added. If it helps, you can tell her I sent you. I'm Ridge. He wasn't sure if that would really mean anything or not, but maybe it would help.