Blacktail Deer Plateau PACKTIVITY — Scary monsters and nice sprites
I may be small, I may be weak, but if you mess with me, you will regret it.
16 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Nameless opened her eyes at the sound of a soft feminine voice. She lifted her head to see that the pretty female who had been telling a story earlier had come and sat beside her. She sighed and sat up, trying to shake the sleep from her body to no avail. Her eyelids drooped, and a feeling of lethargy swept over her body. Suddenly, she felt very lightheaded, and swayed a little.

"Sorry," she mumbled, trying to make her eyes focus. "I think I might be sick or something. I haven't felt very good all evening. Maybe you shouldn't sit by me. What if it's contagious?" She squinted her eyes at the black-furred wolf, and then smiled faintly. "Oh. You're Blue Willow. The one who let me join your pack... Thanks." Then she promptly laid down again, wondering if she should just leave. She didn't want to be a bother to anyone.

But it was dark out now, and she hated being by herself at night - fear of aliens and all that. She shuddered. Best not to think about that now. It wouldn't help anything. She turned to face the newest storyteller, a male that Peregrine had called Dante.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
If I'm out of order or someone wanted to post before, let me know! Just want to give people something to respond to this round. Dante's roots are in Roman culture so I tweaked some mythology to fit hehe

Dante let out a breath, steadying himself. He glanced at Peregrine, then looked around, suddenly aware of everyone's eyes on him. Well, nothing for it. He had decided to tell one of his favorites, not his absolute favorite but one that had a good lesson and was relatively short in the telling.

"Icarus, his brothers, and his father were out hunting deer. There was one deer, a large stag, his pelt shining with fire and antlers as wide as an oak's branches." He indicated the trees above. "He was king of his herd and wise with age for none had ever bested him. When the four hunters came upon the herd, Icarus' father spoke and told Icarus and his brothers that they could choose any of the deer on the outskirts of the herd, for they were weak and would not upset the balance to take." He paused.

"Icarus, however, was young and brash. He believed in the strength of his teeth and claws and this pride told him that the old, weak deer were no challenge to one as strong as he was. Thus, he told his father that instead he must take the king of the herd, for only such a noble beast was suited to his prowess. Though his father and brothers protested, Icarus was convinced that he could conquer the stag alone, so instead of hunting with his family, he set off to catch his prize without them."

"Faster and faster he ran, drawing closer and closer to the king. But as he leapt to deal the final blow, a flash of light erupted, and he was blinded. A voice filled his head, booming, for the deer was not the simple, magnificent stag he seemed." Dante took a deep breath and spoke the words in the booming voice that he expected a god would use. "'Who dares chase Virbius, chosen of Diana? Your folly has cost you dearly. You who were blinded by pride, now be blinded true.' When the light faded, Icarus found that his vision did not return, nor did it for the rest of his days. All his family went home hungry that day, and forever Icarus regretted the day that he let his own pride come before the needs of his family." Dante settled back, the telling done. He had gotten lost in it, hardly even taking note of his audience. He hoped he had done it justice.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Round 4 ends June 29th.

As soon as Dante said the word hunting, the pack's primary (and sole) Gamekeeper was riveted. He listened as the storyteller wove the tale of Icarus and the mystical stag. Although he understood that the main character was a prideful and arrogant figure, the Alpha male could relate to his desire to fell the king of the herd. Still, he knew it wouldn't end well for Icarus...

And it didn't. Peregrine jumped slightly when Dante's voice boomed over the hushed gathering, then he began to chortle at himself. He glanced down to see what the pups made of the story, then thumped his good paw on the ground. It was his way of applauding the storyteller.

"Good story with a good moral," the swarthy Alpha male opined, glancing down at the top of Junior's head briefly before scanning the small crowd. "If no one else wants to tell a story, I'll wrap it up. Looks like it's just about bedtime..." He smiled as he glanced again at his sleepy miniature, then swept his pack mates with his gaze once more, waiting to see if they had any last-minute volunteers. If not, he would dismiss the group.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Young Osprey slept soundly through Dante's story... until the very end. His voice suddenly cracked like thunder and she bolted awake with a small cry, blinking owlishly at her father, than at the culprit. It took her several seconds to get her bearings, by which time Peregrine was addressing the pack and readying to dismiss the group.

"YEW TOO LOUD!" she belatedly chided Dante, her eyes still wide and bright. She gave him a look, then licked her dry lips and tipped her head backward to look at her father. "Kin you cawwot mees?" she asked, slumping against his forepaws and refusing to move. She wanted her daddy to carry her to bed.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow lifted green gaze to Dante and offered him a small smile. It was a good story and he had done well. Standing to her paws she gently walked past peregrine. Smiling at him gently she spoke softly Goodnight Papa Perry. Goodnight Junior, Pura and SAena. then with those soft spoken words and a small smile and nod at at Atticus, she began the trek back to her den and some much needed sleep.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Crap, I totally meant to post last round. Oh well. <3

Kas watched and listened quite intently to the story tellers, especially Dante, who gave a very animated retelling of an old myth she had heard from her father. She smiled as she listened, glad that there was somewhat of a familiar spirit in this pack. Perhaps they were not all of her particular background, but at least she could talk to Dante and share some stories.

Once he was finished, Peregrine commended his story-telling skills and called for bedtime. Junior was dozing at his paws, though she had woken at Dante's loud voice. Kas looked around the group, committing each face to her memory, vowing to seek out each so she could know her pack, so she could become one with them.
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Without intending to, the ebony juvenile's eyelids grew heavier as the second story-teller stepped up, she fought against the urge to sleep, she really tried her hardest to stay awake and listen to the tale but inevitably exhaustion took over her body, causing her to collapse into a profound uncounciousness, where not even Dante's deep timbre could wake her.

Only the shifting of Blue's body next to her made her realize the story was over, she looked around drowsily oly to see the rest of the gathered members start to scatter, each heading to their own dens. The teen gave a loud yawn and brought herself to her paws. She then dragged her paws after the healer, following her to the den they both shared, not before giving a muffled goodbye to both Peregrine and the babies, still if she wasn't sure they all heard her.

"Wait up", Amelie called softly to the new alpha female while she followed Blue Willow into the dark of the night.
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the great silver one spoke then, and his tale was vaguely familiar unto lasher. he listened with the thirst of one who has traveled long, softly cursing the moment at which the story was ended.

around him, sleep had come to nip at the heels of many, and he watched fondly as they spoke or filtered away, but he remained as he was, basking in the gentle glow of the gathering, eyes training themselves ever so briefly on peregrine.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante had watched them as he told the tale. He felt happiness fill him as he noted Peregrine's riveted attention, extremely glad that he seemed to enjoy the story as much as Dante did. The glow only increased at the Alpha's final words. The fact that he had done the telling justice in Peregrine's eyes was more than enough.

It seemed that others enjoyed it as well, though, at least those who were still awake. A rush of affection came upon him for his newfound family; for the first time, he didn't feel at all like a stranger among them, and it was a really good feeling.

With one last lingering look at the retreating figures, Dante too departed, disappearing into the trees to find a place to pass the night.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
I may be small, I may be weak, but if you mess with me, you will regret it.
16 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Nameless had fallen into a sickly sleep at some point, plagued with strange dreams. Not quite nightmares, but almost. When she awoke some time later, she noticed that the wolves were slowly leaving the group. She guessed that meant this story-telling time was over. She was half-glad for this, hoping to go get some real sleep, and then she remembered she would be sleeping alone. Quickly, she looked around for Blue Willow, hoping she would be able to ask the black she-wolf if she could den with her, but the alpha was gone.

Sighing, Nameless rose to her paws and disappeared into the trees away from the group. She felt a little dizzy, and hungry. So, before heading to her half-dug den, she stopped by one of the pack's cache's to fill her belly, hoping for some better health soon...
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Thanks for participating, everybody! Off to the archives it goes! :)

It seemed everyone was ready to make their way home to bed. Peregrine stood watch as his pack mates slowly broke apart and drifted off to their respective dens, a small smile on his lips. Only when the last one, Nameless, trailed away into the darkness did he finally look down at the gaggle of pups left at his feet.

"Let's go tuck you in," he said to them, favoring each of the three with a lick to the head. "We'll get a bedtime snack first," he promised Osprey's rumbling belly as the four of them moved across the rendezvous site to join the pups' mother, Kisu and Tytonidae for some much-needed sleep.