Blacktail Deer Plateau PACKTIVITY β€” Scary monsters and nice sprites
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
http://americanfolklore.net/folklore/201...tears.html that is where i got the story I just inplanted wolf for man....no need to read it in it's entirety it was the shortest one I could find :)

Blue Willow smiled at Peregrine and tilted her head and dipped her muzzle in way that she understood. She was very nervous, she had told countless stories, but they had been in front of wolves she did not know, wolves who she would not care if they found her boring or annoying or any of the above, but this this was her family. She took a deep breath to steal herself and then she rose and looked around and sitting down on her haunches she began a glint in her eyes, she was center stage.

Once long ago, wolf went hunting along the water's edge for seals. Purely for the pups benefit she moved around like she was stalking and hunting. To Wolf's delight, many seals were crowded together along the seashore. He would certainly bring home a great feast for his Woman and his Son. She mimicked a happy face showing joy. Then she began to stalk towards the pups a glint in her eye full of joy and laughter and mirth. Now Wolf he crept cautiously towards the seals. The seals grew restless. Wolf slowed down. Suddenly, the seals began to slip into the water. Wolf was frantic. His feast was getting away. She mimicked stalking and then frantic running around finally she slowed again and began.

Then wolf saw a single seal towards the back of the group. It was not moving as quickly as the others. Ah! Here was his prize. He imagined the pride on Woman's face, the joy in Son's eyes. Their bellies would be filled for many days from such a seal.

Wolf he crept towards the last seal. It did not see him, or so wolf thought. Suddenly, it sprang away and slipped into the water. wolf sat to his haunches. He was filled with a strange emotion. He felt water begin to drip from his eyes. He touched his eyes and tasted the drops. Yes, they tasted like salty water. Strange choking sounds were coming from his mouth and chest.
She mimicked the sound of crying and buried her face in her paws.

Son heard the cries of Wolf and called Woman. They ran to the seashore to find out what was wrong with Wolf. Woman and Son were alarmed to see water flowing out of Wolf's eyes.

Wolf told them about the shore filled with seals. He told how he had hunted them, and how every seal had escaped his teeth and claws. As he spoke, water began to flow from the eyes of Woman and Son, and they cried with wolf. In this way, wolves first learned to weep.

Later, wolf and Son hunted a seal together. They killed it and used its skin to make snares for more seals. the moral of the story little ones is it is okay to weep for joy comes after.
She then did a small bow and backed up further into the shadows signaling that she was done.
Messages In This Thread
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Scary monsters and nice sprites - by Blue Willow - June 15, 2014, 08:05 PM