Moonspear in roaring he shall rise
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Equivalent human age: 6 months — 1.5 years. Maybe a chunk of the Cerberus? Or whoever is allowed nearby!

✴        It was impossible for him to sit still once his eyes had opened, and in the ensuing hours he was roaming about, eager to stare at the dancing blobs of light or grab at the shadows (which usually meant grabbing @Arcturus with his milk teeth). He grunted and whistled as he moved about, and soon had tuckered himself out to the point where he wanted sleep - but the noises of the others, and himself, prevented that. He cried openly, uninhibited, and soon was caterwauling in such a manner that surely he would wake the dead. The sound of his rudimentary howling echoed off the birthing chamber and seemed to funnel outside to those on guard duty, and did not seem as if it would ever cease.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
feel free to skip and PP if anyone else comes in

he had only just mastered command of his stubby legs; while the finer notes of footwork finesse eluded him, he could now march himself up to any blot in his vision, or instinctively follow after his siblings - something arcturus took ample interest in.

hearing on the other hand was still a strange sensation to him, and the noise was mostly overwhelming. as he heard revui's caterwauling he set up his own shop of tiny squeaks in refute - squeaks that eventually built up into woeful wails as the noise continued to assault his little ears.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        When it was clear that the void-mother was not there with them (perhaps taking a necessary break) the child's calls became more dire. He felt marooned within a cacophonous sea, but was intent on rescuing himself with kicks and nudges, as if bludgeoning his siblings would silence them. In the process of doing this he managed to roll himself off of the puppy pile and on to the dusty floor, where he sat for a moment in stunned silence.

The den was dark but warm, and yet Revui was led closer and closer to the entrance where the sun was beaming down and baking the earth. It might've been morning, or midday, there was no sense of time to one so young. He was attracted to the light like a shark to blood — and his lack of coordination meant it took him ample time to reach the den's opening.

He stopped as soon as he met the light, as if it were a physical object or a blockade, and plopped down upon his belly in the dust.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
his quiet yowls of protest ceased as his den-mate grew quiet -- arcturus tilted his head, confused by the sudden silence. in the murky dark he could make out a shape just barely -- as it turned towards the light its depth and clarity grew. curious to behold whatever spectacle it was, arcturus toddled after his brother in wordless silence.

distinctly, he could feel warmth under his feet. the sensation felt wonderful and he sat alongside revui, his milky gaze swimming as he unseeingly and unknowingly placed his gaze to the world beyond their den, which had no shape or form in his vision.
send my soul away
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        The approach of his brother did not distract the leviathan from his study of the light. The substance was so alien to him that it required investigation, even if that investigation made him squint and coo with wonder. Those baby blues did not enjoy the sensation of light bursting through them, but the rest of him felt contentment as he scooched forwards and took up a position just beyond the limit of the glow. The dip was brief; he withdrew as soon as he felt the warmth at first, and in doing so bumped against Arcturus who took up residence beside him. Surprised on both fronts, the creature turned and regarded the dark silhoutte - made to look darker due to the contrast between his figure and the light - and babbled, Buahbaboom, conspiratorily.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
his milky blue eyes were still narrowed, their azure depths punctured by radiant light that he was too juvenile to behold fully in its splendor. he recognized brightness, and warmth, but the shapes eluded him. the finer details of life were yet to come.

he slumped against his brother, who by now was a familiar form. not mother, but familiar. his little ears pricked from their floppy half-mast position as he heard a noise, and gurgling, he attempted to clamber atop revui. the warmth was scintillating, tantalizing -- he let loose a tiny yawn, suddenly overcome by sleepiness as the sun spread across his darkened form.
send my soul away