Bearclaw Valley because i caught feelings
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Private 
It's time,.,, for Emotions™ -- here is the song the title references.

Enough time had passed. What was there to be scared about? They were both adults; no matter what happened, nothing would change. No. No, no, actually, everything would change. Because if Blondine said to Indra, "I think I'm falling for you?" or something else of cheesy persuasion, and Indra responded with anything short of, "I feel the same way!" everything would change. The button would have been pressed and Lord knows there was no reset for a mistake like that.

And yet, even with all of the fear and anxiety, Blondine knew that if she didn't fess up now, she never would. Instead of being honest, she would let those feelings eat her alive until there was nothing genuine about her left. 

Of all times, this seemed like the best. Laurel's litter had been born healthy and strong, the pack was thriving, spring was coming; what could go wrong? Blondine took a little while longer during her morning foraging session to seek out some flowers to give to @Indra as a gift, hoping that at the very least, her friend might be bothered to sit them inside of her den.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra had spent that morning between waffling in the den, and patrolling outside of it. no one was getting in,  and that included xan - who was on the Do Not Admit list -- she wanted to spare her sister's feelings, but pettily, wanted to also deny xan the pride of seeing his children -- as far as she was deserved, the only wolf that deserved them was laurel.

she had taken a wider arc away from the den than usual when she encountered blondine with a fistful of flowers in her mouth -- the last wolf she had expected to find. her ears flew back to her skull in surprise and a wry look coalesced her features -- of both joy, surprise, confusion -- "blondine!" she gasped, head bowed as she beat towards her friend with an affectionate press of her skull -- "where have you been?!"
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Well, what did she expect? To not be taken aback? To not have lost her breath? To not have suddenly found the urge to vomit and pee and scream all at once? Indra came bounding up with her usual energy and joyful gallop, greeting the ever stiff Blondine with an affectionate bump. Soon after the two of them collided, she did settle into her friend's embrace, taking in a deep whiff of her missing scent.

Told 'ya I'd come back, she cooed, nuzzling her snout further into Indra's fur, I couldn't stay away for much longer. Taking a step back, Blondine bent down and pushed the flowers toward Indra, I've found these for you. If wolves could blush, best believe Blondine would have been red as a radish. 

I think I ought to tell you something, Indra.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra had been overjoyed to see blondine -- but as she came closer, she noticed a rift of tension clung to her friend. she frowned, worried for blondine -- what was so wrong that the normally sunny wolf seemed overcast and blue?

she pulled back from the stiff embrace, clearly dissatisfied -- her amber gaze seemed to search blondine's russet muzzle for any sort of sign, any clue at all -- had she done something, said something? was blondine sick, or hurt? indra's precursory examination of the southern belle yielded no conclusive answers, and she sucked in her breath as she stepped back and held blondine in her gaze: "you okay?" she asked, her head tilted to the side. "what do you got to tell me?"
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
wrapping up with permission - come back soon blondine!

whatever it was that blondine wished to tell the redleaf girl, it didn't ever make it to the surface. indra had been skeptical, but the woman went on to inform her of something trivial -- something hardly worth the sudden gravity and tension that had flooded around them moments prior.

but she shrugged it off; it must have been her misreading signals -- and as they exchanged updates and pleasantries, indra was content blondine was back again.

little did she know that blondine abernathy had other plans -- other demons -- haunting her that night, and would slip off in the dark well after everyone was asleep.