The Tangle i'm a good person i don't deserve to be mistaken for heterosexual
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
There's a dice roll for the hunt that I'm too lazy to link so just believe me!!! LMAO. @Knife-Ear (no idea if this tag works with a hyphen).

Putting things on hold with Blixen was supposed to give her a break but has only brought more stress. It would have probably been easier to keep her trap shut and pretend she’s happy and knows what she’s doing but the thought of that adds an additional stress that makes her think otherwise. Why doesn’t Blixen understand? They’re both around the same age, they’re both kids, still. She may be gone, may have been involved in a war (and another around the corner), may have bled for these wolves, forcing her to act older than she is? Hating to complain, especially when her siblings are out in the wild defending one another (and puppies!) and she’s in some luxury where she is, for the most part, safe.

It has been difficult to clear her mind from everything that weighs on her, knowing she’s made everything worse and it’s all her fault. Most of her time is spent avoiding just about everyone, especially Blixen. And also Wildfire. She does not want to die just yet.

So, as she does every few days, Furi slips from the borders on the eastern side and heads for the tangle. Whatever allure it holds is beyond her but it’s close and she’s difficult to find, given how hard the territory is to navigate, but she moves easily through the brush, her paws hitting every mark as if she’s been through here a thousand times. The difference this time is something delightful tickles her nose and, for the first time in days, she’s able to zero in and focus on something else. Drool pools in her mouth and she licks her lips to keep from spilling over, moving in a new direction that takes a little more effort to get through but she manages okay (she’s been practicing!). She reaches the opening where the thick of the forest ends and the stony, slanted ground juts out to the north and she quickly narrows her eyes and focuses on a lone fawn, not but a few hundred yards away.

It doesn’t look injured and she smells no injection from where she stands but it moves back and forth in the same spot, crying a pitiful call for help. She slowly turns her head to scan her immediate surroundings, nose flaring for the scent of others, and eventually settles back on the meal at hand. With one final lick of her chops, Furi launches forward to quickly close the distance and easily overpower bambi the ungulate.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
dust & danger
6 Posts
Ooc — Laur
It worked! Thanks for starting!! and rip bambi :'(

She stuck near to the coastline, finding the prey here bountiful and much more manageable than the larger, more dangerous creatures inland. She loved a good, filling carcass, but sometimes the delicacies the sea offered were just as nice. They required much less effort on her part, too. Being more of a scavenger than hunter, Knife-Ear would always take the easier route when it came to a meal. Hence why she perked up when her bat-like ears caught the helpless cry of a fawn nearby.

The coywolf moves easily through the prickly undergrowth, slim limbs delicately picking their way through the barbs. She is careful not to make a noise so as not to disturb the young creature, eyes trained unblinkingly on the area where the sounds had come from. She finally spots it, a lost little thing that Knife-Ear was eager to toy with before a shadow suddenly descends upon it out of nowhere. She stands up out of pure surprise — and slight offence at having her plaything stolen — and emerges from the foliage just as the predator subdues the sure to be meal. She wasn't angry, especially once she notes that this one she shares something in common with.

Expression brightening into a playful manner, Knife-Ear approaches the girl, eyes trailing the slimness of her dark limbs and pointed features before she rounds the struggling fawn. "Aw, just for me? You shouldn't have!" she teases with a wave of her tail.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
It all happens quickly. The fawn doesn’t have a lot of fight in it and she’s quick to subdue it without noticing her new company. Just as she’s about to latch her teeth in the tenderest spot, she hears the voice and ear ears flick outward and she turns just as her teeth tear into soft flesh, parting easily between her sharp canines. It tears the flesh more than she wants with one last wail cut short but a growl rumbles in her throat as she starts to piece everything together and register what has been spoken.

The creature is a funny thing she scarcely to believe is a wolf and though the stranger is much bigger than a coyote, it’s easy to point out. Fur knows little of her true lineage and how much coyote she bears, but her long legs, narrow nose, and pointed pinnas (alliteration!) ears gives anyone else a different story. Her size, though she’s unaware, gives her passing privilege for any wolves that may be bias against their littler counterparts.

Not wanting to let go of her kill—blood and drool pouring from her jowls in anticipation—but not wanting to stay silent, Furi grunts and steps back, bringing the fawn with her. It drags the ground by the legs but is light enough she can run away with it and she’s familiar enough with the tangle to get away with ease. Having never seen nor smelt this canine before, she knows she won’t have the same advantage. But she notes the wave of her tail and remains in place for the time being to see what motive sits behind the coywolf's teasing gaze.
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
The scent of fresh blood draws the skulking wolf out of hiding. He is a distorted mirror image of the female, the same shades of mercury and obsidian arranged in a different way. The way he carries himself makes it impossible to discern his true height, but he is serpentine of spine and broad of paw, with a long lash of a tail that twitches agitatedly behind him. His presence scatters the lesser canid from the scene, but he pays her little mind — he is fixated on the female and her kill, his tongue slithering from beneath his flews to flicker across the sharp point of his nose. He inhales, a soft, insidious clicking sound undulating with the intake of his breath, and the bridge of his muzzle wrinkles as his lips peel back. Like a horse displaying a flehmen response, he points his nose skyward and breathes her in.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
The coywolf doesn’t respond before darting off and one ear swivels around to the sound breaking the silence. Both ears then shift back against her head and she slowly turns, watching a hunched wolf come out of the woodwork in a conflicted display. Carefully, Furi moves so she can face the stranger and keep her kill protected, one foot moving out to sweep the dead fawn beneath her. Still latched in her jaws, she lowers her head and flashes her own teeth in warning, a low growl vibrating out of her chest into the open.

Unable to enjoy her meal where she caught it, she takes more into her mouth to secure it, and begins to run in a way only someone familiar with the location might, losing the dark wolf through the crooked tangle of trees and brush until she meets the other side with relieved freedom.