Barrow Fields lotus eater
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
As expected, Blixen asks questions. Too much runs through her mind to have elaborated a moment ago, her adrenaline still pumping through her veins and she’s certain she can lift the entire deer herself to carry back without any struggle. But the beginning starts to fade away and she looks up from her efforts to move the kill. 

”She left,” she goes on to say absently. ”We took her in and cared for her injuries and then...” she trails off, swishing her tail as an irritated cat would and goes back to work. There’s nothing left to say if Rosalyn, the memory hazy at best, but she only feels the abandonment even after all this time.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

she waits a little impatiently for nomi to answer, about to ask again when she finally talks. "she left" is not as satisfying as blixen had hoped for, even if it is a valid reason. the gona scowls in the direction that rosalyn fled all the same, feeling a surrogate flash of irritation on behalf of nomi and drageda. (it always comes down to: outsiders, those fickle, untrustworthy things.)

(maybe furi was right to be mad at her for that, but she's yet to be proven wrong.)

"tch," she says aloud. "what was she doing coming near us again, then?" it had to be a death wish, plain and simple -- but still. weird.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Getting a little frustrated that Blixen wants to stand there and talk, she huffs and points with her nose to get her started. Though the question doesn’t go unanswered, she looks off in the way the woman ran and wonders where she’d been going. There’s not much she remembers from the woman other than the betrayal and that’s all she really needs. Looking back to her daughter, she shrugs one shoulder. “We lived farther inland than here. Perhaps she didn’t know where we are,” she says with another satisfied grunt, deciding where she’ll latch onto the remaining carcass. “She does now.”
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
wrappin this!

she does not sense nomi's impatience with her, too interested in finding out more information. had she known they'd not always lived at the cliffs? blix isn't sure -- but she tilts her head. she wants to ask where they were, then, why did they move? but nomi seems done with the conversation, latching onto the carcass with a sort of finality that blix knows to respect (sort of). huffing a little she finds another spot and obediently (finally) helps with taking the carcass back to drageda, figuring she'll ask more about it some other time.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall