Dragoncrest Cliffs Check In
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
@Furi
It had been alittle while since Seri had a chance to speak with Furi. The last time they spoke Furi had somewhat like a mental break down. And since they spoke Blixen had filled Seri in on their relationship. Furi hadn't mentioned it before and she suspected it was because of the mental state she was in.

Seri wanted to check in on how she was doing now after their talk and wanted to see how she felt about her and Blixen's relationship. Blixen could barely keep her excitement in, and was willing to be very open about the pairs realationship. But because it wasn't too offical yet, Seri wanted to wait before telling anyone else about it and wanted to see how Furi felt about it.

So she set out that day looking for her friend.
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi spends her days walking on eggshells lately, trying not to cause anymore ripples that impact them in negative ways. She isn’t certain how much they’ll take before they finally do get her out. It doesn’t matter how hard she tries, or who her friends are. One day, it’ll come. Part of her wants to go ahead and make the decision easy for them. She could leave and find somewhere else to live. She wouldn’t have to deal with these repercussions anymore and the rest of Drageda won’t have any more problems because of her bad decisions.

While she doesn’t know where to go, she still works as she normally does. She needs to keep a roof over her head for as long as she can, at least, and doing things to try and counteract her bad decisions makes the most sense. If she’s not on the border patrolling, she’s hunting, and she’s garnered a little luck this day as a dead fox dangles between her teeth. Perhaps she should take it to someone as a gift but that seems too much, and she doesn’t want to look like she’s trying too hard, either. Furi takes a deep breath and turns, deciding to put it into the cache, but she nearly stumbles back in surprise as Seri pops out of nowhere. She clutches the fox tighter in response, taking a few deep breaths and working the kill out of her mouth.

“You spooked me,” she says once the fox hits the ground and she’s stretched out her jaw.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Then soon enough she ran into Furi, almost literally as she accidentally spooked her. It obviously wasn't her intention, but she gave Furi a little hurmorious smile any way. "Sorry, didn't mean to." she said before eyeing the fox which fell to the floor. Seri had never had the chance to hunt a fox before, unless it was threatening a younger pup or trying to steal food she didn't see a reason to go out and hunt one. From what she had been told they were low on mean and didn't have the best taste, but I suppose that was a matter of opinion.

"What was he up to when you decided to hunt him down." she asked wondering what Furi's reason for killing him was.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Seri smiles and offers an apology of sorts. Furi returns the smile and brushes it off. With everything going on lately, she’s just been a little off and all she’d really like is some peace and quiet. If she can find somewhere to store the anxiety the war left behind, she can move on, but with the cusp of a threat right next door to them, are they going to be able to?

She quickly shakes it off when she asks about the fox and she looks down at the kill. It isn’t the first fox she’s killed (the first had given her FLEAS of all things, not that she knows that) but she doesn’t look at the tiny thing any more than a nuisance. Furi offers a shrug in response. “It crossed my path, I guess,” she explains though she isn’t sure why she needs to. “Are you hungry?” she offers instead, lowering her nose to give it a nudge closer.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She didn't seem to have any particular reason for hunting the fox down. She offered for Seri to take a bit and Seri looked at it for a few moments contemplating her answer. "I've never had fox before. I've heard they don't taste the best... But I'm willing to try a few bites." she said before lowering her head and took a peice of the body. The meat was touch and low on fat. It didn't taste bad really but it didn't have much of a taste with the lack of fat. Seri wasn't all the hungry and only tried it to see what it tasted like.

"It's... different. Maybe we can bring it to the cache where someone else might enjoy it more." she suggested not wanting it to go to waste if neither her or Furi liked it.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Seri only offers to try it, which causes her ears to fall back, and she watches her take the kill and do just that. Fox is a little tough but it’s food and sometimes, you don’t get to be picky. The few weeks she survived on her own, scavenging for whatever is left behind, made any catch go without waste. She tries to find someone to give her kills to and uses the cache if she can’t find anyone, but this exchange doesn’t feel quite right.

Furi smiles anyway, trying to hide what she’s feeling. Maybe it would be rude to turn it down, and at least she’s honest. She isn’t entirely sure how to feel so she doesn’t say anything at all, and only nods to the suggestion.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Furi said no words in responce just nodded along. She wondered if she offended her by not enjoying it. But her expression was more disappointed and sad looking then annoyed or pissed off. She wondered if there was something wrong, but didn't want to push her with a bunch of questions about it. 

She helped grab the fox as the two moved to the closest cache. Seri wanted to lighten the mood, incase there was any kind of tention. Thinking back to one of the inital reasons she had sought Furi out, she thought about bringing up her and Blixen's relationship. Remembering Blixen's reaction that would surely cheer things up.

"So... I hear you and Blixen are together now." she said with an intrieged tone of voice, hoping to witness her reaction.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi doesn’t object when Seri tries to help by carrying one end of the fox. It isn’t a very big creature for someone of Furi’s size but she’s only trying to help. Maybe she feels the need since she didn’t like it but once it’s done and over with, she takes a step back and looks at what is now a hidden cache. Her nose wrinkles a little and she backs away, but only freezes when she brings up Blixen and how they’re… together.

Her brows knit together but she takes a second to respond, though uncertainty plagues her features. There are just some things she’s not good at hiding. “Uh, yeah, heh.. I guess so,” she says, cursing herself for being so awkward. It doesn’t have to be like this, surely, but it is the only thing she knows.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She thought Furi's responce was a bit strange. Blixen could hardly contain herself while Furi could hardly say yes. It didn't come to Seri's mind that the two might not feel the same way. Listening to how Blixen had described it, there was no mind of hesitation for either said. Instead Seri thought that she might have just asked the wrong question or phrased it the wrong way. 

"Well maybe not together, shared feeling for eachother." she stated in a questioning tone, thinking that might sound better. "Blixen seemed really happy about it."
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi struggles with how fast things move lately and she can barely keep up. Seri seems to know more from Blixen than she does, without the proper time to sit down and talk about what they did talk about before the war. So when Seri seems confused, she doesn’t want to give the wrong impression so she smiles and wags her tail. “Me too,” she says, though she isn’t sure it’s the truth but, of course, it isn’t Blixen. Ever since she’s returned from war and one hiccup after the other, things are a little… difficult and happiness isn’t the first line of emotions she feels. “How have you been?” she asks with a slight tilt of her head.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Furi clarified and stated that she too was really happy, though she didn't seem as excited as Blixen. In fact Seri was finding it hard to believe that she was happy at all about it. She didn't seem disappointed, but the message of happy just wasn't getting across to Seri. Especially when she changed the subject towards Seri in a somewhat unconnected way. "I'm doing alright. I was thinking of going on a bit of a scouting trip soon." she said, following along with Furi's diversion. It seemed clear to Seri that Furi simply didn't want to talk about it or was confused about it herself.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Glad to hear Seri is going all right, she hopes to keep the conversation going. Off her, at least. For a little while. “A scouting trip?” she asks with a tilt of her head, thinking about everything they’ve gone through, the dangers outside their claim. Hanging around the territory is usually okay but traveling distances makes her a little nervous still, considering how far she traveled from one pack to another.

“That would be fun,” she decides, not wanting to come off as negative, but she smiles anyway. “Maybe I can go with you? Um, if you want, of course,” she asks a little sheepishly.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Planning on having Seri go PPC. Sry to cut this short, and sorry it took me so long to reply.

Furi seemed surprised that Seri would suggest such a thing. Did she not look like the scouting type, or was it because she would be out of the territory. But soon after instead of confusion questions followed. Furi even offered to go with her. It sounded like fun except it wasn't the kind of thing you would bring someone along with. It was sort of a lone trip. Once again looking for answers she didn't know the questions to. "That sounds like fun, but I think I will take this one alone. Maybe the next one." she said with a smile not wanting to discourage Furi as it wasn't her fault.

Seri wasn't sure where this conversation was going but Furi seemed a bit off. Maybe this wasn't a good time Seri thought. "I should probably get going sooner rather then later actually." she comments. "I'll see you when I get back?" she asked as a parting goodbye.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi doesn’t understand at first as Seri decides she needs to do it alone. Her lips twist, unsure what to do with the rejection—and how can she let the girl leave on her own, when there’s so much bad stuff out there? She doesn’t fight it for the time being, Seri set on her decision to do things alone. Dumbly, she nods her head and lets the pale girl walk away and she remains awkwardly in place.