Blackfoot Forest Leaving the World Behind
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts

He was standing by his sister in her weak state. She had managed to get out of Shadow Mountain by herself along with a Blackfeather youngling, though the young one had run off to a place he knew not. Moonshadow leaned against him and he mentally cursed at himself for not being there to help, but it was all over now. She was safe and that's all that matters. He let out a howl to the female he had spoken to a while back and waited.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra was surprised to hear a howl, and loathe to leave laurel, parted reluctantly from the den and obliged it. she could not, at first, place the voice -- it was distinctly baritone, and distinctly for her -- yet beyond that, she had no discernible idea of who had summoned her.

when she broke from bearclaw and into the meadow, she was surprised to find moonshadow there -- and then, it came into focus -- he had told her he would call for her, and she had in light of all the life events tumbling around her, forgot. her gaze slid to the other wolf -- a stranger -- his sister?

hushed and full of trepidation, the redleaf woman snaked forward: "are you okay? is she?"
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Nightstar bid his sister lay down and rest. "For now, I've managed to stop the bleeding and by the looks of it, she should regain her vision soon. She got into a quarrel with the wolf who took her here. She told me that he had been toruring a Blackfeather pup but then she grew weak and I've been holding her up since."
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's breath was shaky as she examined the sister -- from her vantage, she could see the female's wounds were plentiful. she had never been squeamish, but the lacerations that lanced this wolf's muzzle and flank were grave.

it would not do well for them to stand out in the open -- they could be discovered by the very things that had held nightstar's sister captive. indra cast a furtive glance about her, and questioned: "a pup? is she here too?"
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Nightstar shook his head. "She said that the pup ran off in the opposite direction. Though she didn't see where." The male knew that Moonshadow would not be accompanying him for much longer. She had already expressed how she belonged in Black feather
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra frowned, troubled by the revelation. she did not much like the idea of a pup lost to the wilderness -- but it was not hers, nor was it bearclaw's -- that alone stayed any exploratory notion she had. she shifted quietly, looking around her as if the pup would appear.

but it did not. at length, she asked: "will you make it home? do you need food?"
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"I believe that once she's patched up, she may be able to make the journey home. I, however, cannot accompany her due to the pack turning me away." Truly Nightstar had no idea where he would go next or what he will do. What mattered now was his sister and the safety of the pup. "I realize that I never really stated my name. I am Nightstar."
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
the male revealed their plans -- so far, so good -- until he mentioned that the pack his sister planned to return to had turned him away. she frowned -- did she truly want to know the nature of what caused a pack to turn away a healthy, able-bodied wolf?

and would she or her pack be safe, if she invited him home?

she curbed the invitation that pressed at her tongue, instead shifting her feet and nodding. "that is good news - there's several packs here that could use a capable wolf." she said in a guarded tone, her ears askance. "i'm glad your sister is safe. i should be going now." without waiting long, indra turned for home -- laurel needed her, and there were many duties she had to see to before the sun set.