Redhawk Caldera Ring Of Fire
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Nevouku had been so hurt by Sebastian's words....he hadn't told anyone, but after he had had such a large breakdown. An anxiety attack that he had not expected. He was still just getting over it. So he decided that perhaps he needed something to calm off his nerves...

That's when he had decided to go out and try to catch something. Put his nerves into hunting and not anxiety and his nervous tensions. He still had to meet the pups that had been mentioned to him as well, and teach them. 

@Orca
112 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Orca was stretching her legs after spending the morning sorting through herbs with @Raven. She had enjoyed spending time with her older sister, but after a few hours, she had begun to grow antsy and restless. With a knowing smile, the medic had dismissed the girl, and Orca had departed quickly with promises to return later.

She moved briskly across the still-snowy territory, until a relatively unfamiliar figure caught her eye. She hadn't been formally introduced, so she loped towards the boy with a chipper greeting. "Hey there!" she called.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku almost jumped out of his skin, if not also physically jumped, when someone spoke. He turned around rather quickly, and his expression softened. "Oh h-hi there" he said with his usual stutter. Then his tail got wagging. "I'm Ad-Nev-Nevouku, kind of new to h-here" he tried to say, with almost saying his past name as well. "What's your n-name?"
112 Posts
Ooc — Kim
The boy startled visibly at the sound of her voice, and Orca was reminded of Eljay. She kept her posture neutral, perhaps even a little submissive, just to express to him that she was friendly and meant him no harm. Her tail hung between her hind legs but gave a little wiggle as she coasted to a halt.

"Nice to meet you, Ad-Nevouku," she said, misinterpreting his slip of the tongue as an actual part of his name. "My name's Orca. How do you like the caldera so far?" she asked pleasantly.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku felt more nervous, realizing how she had interpreted the stutter as his name. He opened his mouth to correct her, then just decided against it. He was too nervous to even try that. 

"It's n-nice so far..." Except for his meeting with Sebastian. It was still on his mind every now and then. "Nice and p-peaceful. The others a-a-are kind." And that, that was true. The others were most kindi, like Finley and Towhee.
112 Posts
Ooc — Kim
She gave him a wry little smile. "You got here just in time -- it wasn't so peaceful a little while ago," Orca said, her expression darkening slightly. Her job during the war with Blackfeather had been to keep the puppies safe and away from the fight, so while she hadn't been on the front lines, it had still been a stressful task.

"We were at war with another pack, but it's resolved now," she said, unaware that in just a few weeks the Redhawks would be uprooted by the Blackfeathers' return. "But anyway -- tell me about you! Where do you come from?" she asked, her countenance brightening once more.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku smiled back at the female. She was nice, kind...but then her expression darkened. Then she began about the war. How bad had this war been to them? He wanted to ask how bad it had been, if they had lost anyone. How much damage had been truly done...but then Orca asked about him. 

"F-From nearby...from a place c-called Broken Antler Fen...Sebastian knew me" he answered. Knew him was true, but still cared? He was not sure on that anymore.
112 Posts
Ooc — Kim
"Oh, Sebastian!" Orca replied cheerfully. She wasn't well acquainted with the medic, but knew that her Uncle Elwood thought highly of the wolf, so Ad-Nevouku immediately earned a few points in her book for being associated with him.

She gestured at him and began to move, her strides smooth as she invited him to stroll with him. "Let's go for a walk," she suggested, "and you can tell me more about Broken Antler Fen. What was it like there?"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku nodded slowly. So this was another who knew of Sebastian. He nodded again and began to move with Orca, slowly and trying to keep up. "It was nice...Many nice wolves." Including his one and only. He dearly missed her...

"Sebastian led it. He led it with a kind heart" he added. And many had stayed...so what had happened to it after he had left?
112 Posts
Ooc — Kim
So far, Ad-Nevouku seemed to be a wolf of few words, but Orca wouldn't complain about it. He talked about the pleasant attitudes of the wolves of Broken Antler Fen, and that Sebastian had been a particularly kind leader. She could imagine it; although she didn't know him all that well, he seemed to have a good heart.

Casting a sidelong glance at him as they strolled along, Orca said, "Do you miss it?" She thought she detected a hint of sadness in Ad-Nevouku's reflection of his former home.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku's gaze tipped towards the ground, as well as he nose and muzzle. Did he miss Broken Antler Fen? Since it was the first place he went to once he had arrived....yes. Yes he indeed missed it, and he was missing it more and more. By the day. "Yes....I miss it. I left everyone behind, and now they....they are gone" he said quietly. Shakily. Trying not to break.
112 Posts
Ooc — Kim
She frowned slightly, feeling bad that she had dredged up negative feelings for Ad-Nevouku. "I'm sorry. Do you know where everyone went?" she asked, although she suspected she already knew the answer. The cause of his sadness was probably that he wasn't sure what had happened to his friends and family from the Fen.

"I hope that someday the caldera will feel like home to you, like the Fen did," she offered hopefully.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku only knew where Sebastian and Aviana had gone, and those were it. "Only S-Seb and another..." He still thought he had ruined things with Seb, he was sure of it. He smiled back to the kind Orca, yes perhaps he could make a new home. "Maybe...Maybe I can."
112 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Want to wrap up with your next post? Thanks for the thread, we'll have to have another in HLP! :)

"I think you can," she said with a grin. "You're already off to a good start -- I'm your friend now!" she added, laughter accenting her words.

After a few steps, she stopped and turned to him. "Hey, friend, wanna do some hunting?" she invited, brows raised and tail wagging.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'm up for that totally!

Nevouku smiled lightly. She was really nice, saying she was already his friend. "Th-Thanks" he said, and the stuttering was more out of how touched his heart felt, and how warm his face felt. 

Nev nodded, happy for that. Going hunting was something he was at least good at. "L-Let's!"