Bearclaw Valley I remember
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
Steph strolled up to the borders of Bearclaw Valley, tail wagging and ears perked. She stopped before she crossed them, mindful that while her Uncle led the pack, it didn't mean she could just waltz right in. She was pretty sure this was going to be an interesting altercation, seeing as how she had basically called him a liar the first and only time she had met her Uncle @Xan

She tipped her head back and howled specifically for him. She wanted to have a private conversation before speaking with anyone else. She sat back on her haunches to wait patiently for him.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When there came a howl that he did not recognise, Alexander was quick to respond; that it was feminine did not take away from his need to react, having children now that he needed to take extra care to protect. He made his way towards the mouth of the valley, tail held high and ears shoved forward, the posture that came with his status easily maintained. Yet, as he got closer and the scent of Easthollow intensified, he could feel his body relaxing, assuming it to be a visit from either his sister or another of her pack mates—the former assumption was further confirmed as the dark girl became visible, though he soon realised that the wolf was not his sister, but who he presumed to be her daughter.

“Steph?” he asked, needing to confirm his suspicions; she was bigger than she’d been that day so long ago, if it was her. Desna had shared the child’s name during her last visit, during which she’d been accompanied by only two of the children—he could not recall the reason for Steph’s absence that day, nor if he’d even been told. Nevertheless, he held off on questioning her further, waiting for the necessary confirmation before diving into a less formal conversation.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The white wolf approached, and Steph watched him, no confusion in her eyes to match his uncertainty. She knew exactly who he was. When he spoke her name, she knew he knew, he just didn't know for sure. She nodded her head once in confirmation. Hello, Uncle Xan, she replied, her voice full of sass and humor and a grin on her face.

She hoped there were no hard feelings about their first, and only, encounter. She had been but a pup, and had never talked to anyone outside the territory before. While Clary had been right that he was okay to trust, Steph had needed more proof, and hadn't wanted to take his word for it.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The girl’s response confirmed his suspicions, thus wiping the uncertainty from his expression. So, this was his other niece, the one that had bothered him so greatly before. He frowned for a moment, eyeing her, then made himself relax; she wasn’t the same, troublesome child that she’d been back then, clearly. “Not going to argue my relation to you this time?” he questioned, monotone; though it was meant as a joke, he wasn’t always the greatest at controlling his tone of voice. Nevertheless, he moved right on from the topic.

“Did your mom send you here?” he asked. She appeared to be alone, and whatever reason she had for being there didn’t seem urgent—she wasn’t rushing to speak, after all—so he was a bit curious: what brought her there? Had Desna told her to visit since she’d not been present for the family’s last visit? Immediately, he made himself stop thinking about it and focused solely on her, giving her the floor to respond.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She saw his frown, and for a moment she regretted teasing him. Maybe that encounter was more serious to him than it had been to her. Her own smile slowly vanished as he questioned her. His voice seemed flat, and void of any humor. Her front legs shuffled uncomfortably before she answered. No, she said softly. Mom confirmed who you are, she explained.

She was suddenly regretting her decision to visit Bearclaw, and her brain scrambled to find a reason why she was here. Maybe she wouldn't need to lie, just not tell the whole truth. She thought it would be good to visit, she responded finally. That much was true. Steph had prepared herself to stay a while, but seeing her Uncle's response to her, she figured it wouldn't be such a good idea.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The confirmation from her mother was enough to keep the child from questioning him, though he was still uncertain of it all himself. He didn’t know how to feel about having not been recognised until long after the fact, nor towards having been doubted; Alexander was not often a liar, tending to often speak truths for the purpose alone of not being doubted. But it was all said and done and, despite everything, he knew he couldn’t dwell on it.

Steph’s reason for visiting was, in a way, surprising—only because he did not expect his sister to encourage her children to visit him. “Did something happen that she sent you?” he asked, worried. “Is everything alright over there?” His brows pinched together with concern, whilst he prepared himself for some terrible news—a pessimistic being, truly.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her smile did not return, nor would it in this conversation with her Uncle Xan. Inwardly, she sighed as he questioned her reason for being here. She didn't think he would believe her that she simply wanted to visit, and she would not tell him again. But, she did answer him. Everything is fine in Easthollow, she said, her voice flat. 

Actually, I should get back, she said. It was obvious to her that he didn't want her here, and she wasn't going to force herself on anyone. Nice meeting you again, she said as she turned to leave, but there was no joy in her voice to accompany her words. She would return home to @Valette, tail tucked and defeated, and wouldn't want to talk about why she had returned to soon after saying she was going to visit Bearclaw for a while. 

Tag for visibility