Sheepeater Cliff I'm only human; you look at me like you never knew that
319 Posts
Ooc —
While Iliksis' vision scoured the scrubby cliff for signs of who-knows-what, Ramsay's remained firmly fixed on the stop where the rapist's muzzle met his forehead. His indigo eyes began to narrow as silence stretched between them and he parted his lips as if to growl, but his attention was snatched away by Euron's voice.

Relief washed over him as he turned to his brother, stubby tail wagging softly. "My fault," he insisted, and it truly was. If he hadn't relied on Cicero and Euron to find food for him so much, he might have learned to hunt small things by now and he would have been able to provide for himself. He couldn't know that he wasn't really suited to solitary hunting; his body was too inflexible for the low-to-the-ground lunges necessary for trapping small animals. He blamed himself.

"Who?" he asked his brother, frowning, but any forthcoming answer was presumably interrupted by Iliksis' sudden question. The dwarf's ears stiffened as he faced the stranger again and his voice was a little cooler as he repeated, "who?" He thought he knew to whom Iliksis referred, but if he was asking about Maegi, then he thought the answer was obvious. She wasn't here.
THREADS: 5/5
Thread titles are quotes from H.P. Lovecraft.