Broken Boulder Wear your heart on my sleeve
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Tagging for reference, but feel free to join if you want :3

It was odd.

It was odd to belong to somewhere new where there were no troubles to plague his heart. The constant presence of @Semira brought him waves of comfort to ease his mind, and with the lack of a certain someone, very little could bring him down. With this, he found he could do so much more than he had been able to previously. He could focus on earning a trade and strengthening his skills, he could focus on enjoying life rather than tugging onto a thinning rope. He could climb, rather than fall.

It was in one of these pleasant states that the storyteller wandered aimlessly through the territory, gaze focused on naught, simply ambling around and embracing the presence of Spring. Hopefully he might come across some company to share this with, but if not he would accept the quietude of a peaceful stroll in the afternoon.
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
she had done little to check on the tethered newcomers since their arrival; as far as she was concerned, that was her brother's job.  she wasn't leadership, and she had not quite made the best impression on them.  but then she kind of felt guilty or something about not helping out more, and as opportunity presented itself, she hunted down horosk one morning as his scent trail thinned out to one instead of two.

'lo, she offered demurely, head held low.  how are you settling in?
— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for short post!

As if he had predicted it - the approach of another caught his attention, and the man's head lifted to search for who had come upon him. When his gaze landed on the figure of Lanawyn, he dipped his head and gave a slight smile. "Hello." 

Her question was one that could be answered with relative ease... "Well, I believe." He knew that this was the place for he and Mira, but they had yet to introduce themselves to many of the others who resided here. He'd work on adjusting that, of course. "I'm glad we came across here." With all it brought, he supposed it did live up to it's name - it was a sanctuary.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
As long as there's something to respond to (which there is), you never should feel like you have to apologize for length.  Sometimes there's not much to describe!

Well, we're glad to have the two of you.  Sincerely.  Even if they were like, together, at least they pulled their weight and weren't moody little stormclouds (like Lanawyn).  So where are you guys from, anyway?  She turned her gaze to the sky, and since Stray can't remember what the weather was like in April, it was bright and sunny.  Springtime had finally come.  Wanna take a walk?
7/5
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
<3

The question came forth of where he and Semira had come from, and the storyteller's brows furrowed ever so slightly. If one could stare deep into his violet gaze, there'd be hints of sorrow and anguish, for their tale in particular wasn't as spectacular as anyone would hope. A murderous family, a runaway boy who happened to come across a beautiful girl... well, meeting her was the most spectacular memory he could ever hold, but none of the times before that were pleasant in the slightest. The pair had faced some struggles, but Horosk still placed the blame upon himself - he should have dealt with his bloodthirsty sibling much, much sooner. Perhaps some of the pain could have been reduced.

He realised soon enough that Lanawyn was not asking for his lifestory, and he was not prepared to give it. The agouti man quirked his head, eyes gazing out at the horizon. "In the Teekon? We used to live in the Bypass, just south of here, but we left sometime last year. We returned just at the beginning of spring, so we've not been back long." She presented the opportunity to walk and talk, and he wasn't one to pass up the opportunity. "Sure."
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He seemed to evade her question and perhaps she should not have pried — had she been asked the same, she would not have known how to have answered either.  Do you plan on staying, was her first question, but she quickly shook her head and followed it with, Would you tell me a story?
7/5
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Do you plan on staying?

Yes, he knew the answer immediately, a short nod following the enquiry. He and Mira had no place else to go, and the Storyteller found that Bracken Sanctuary held a certain charm that he could not quite place. However before he could follow up with more words, the wolfess decided to ask a different question instead. This one... Horosk gazed thoughtfully ahead of him, attempting to conjure up a response. Yes, he could tell a story. But... "What kind of story?" He pondered aloud, tail flicking lightly at his hind.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Whatever you're in the mood for, she offered in an effort to make him comfortable, to be compliant.  But I am fond of.. fantasy.  Things not of this earth.  She'd always had a certain kind of fascination for the supernatural, but always passed it off as silly.  Perhaps he would indulge her.  Or some of your travels.  You know, anything that strikes your fancy.
7/5
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Horosk selected a story from the many he knew and spun it so convincingly that it had Lanawyn on the edge of her seat.  After the storyteller had finished, the girl parted from him amicably to reflect on the day's events.
7/5