Dawnlark Plains Oh, like, chainmail or something?
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
This pack was great. Everyone had been really kind and welcoming to her, and there were tons of new friends to be made. Friends that were different from family, because she had never really been inclined to lick her sisters' teeth before, but it was really nice when she tried it with Sunny.

Skrae was taking another rest day - Sunny had taught her it was okay to do that every now and then, just as long as you were always ready to lend a helping paw. And Skraeling was really helpful. She'd been gathering herbs and stuff for Pema, and she'd cleaned up Mister Shale's ankle, and she'd even succeeded in adding an unlucky rabbit to the caches last night.

Skrae was really moving up in the world. So she didn't feel bad about lying in the sun that day, hoping someone would come along to brighten her afternoon.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
tagging for reference! :-)

it's afternoon when dauntless wraps up his patrol on the southern border. it took him longer — he spent a good bit of time focusing on strengthening the borders ( not that they weren't strong enough on their own ); and he was late when he started because he spent time with his baby siblings to give @Spiritwalker a break to stretch her legs or whatever she wanted to use her small break for. dauntless still struggles to wrap his mind around them — how tiny and delicate they are and that despite their stature they have the lungs of fucking pterodactyls. still, dauntless has to begrudgingly admit that they are cute.

dauntless gets caught up in thoughts of tiny trio and lets out a start when he realizes — as his steps bring him nearer and nearer — that he's on a collision course with someone else. mirza stops himself abruptly, hazel eyes that always are more green then they are brown focus upon her where she lounges in the sun. the sun's positioned in his eyes so he can't make out any actual details about her, only her silhouette. dauntless contemplates for a moment if he should apologize and go about his way or stay. he's not sure whose path he's managed to unintentionally cross — she smells familiar but in an extremely vague way and the aspiring guardian can't let it stand to not know every pack member. that was just poor form and lazy guardian-ing. "hey." the hunter greets her casually with a friendly wag of his tail and an effortless grin tugging at the edges of his lips.
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Somehow,  Skraeling didn't notice the boy's approach until he announced himself to her. His voice startled her out of her thoughts and her lounging - as he spoke, she hopped up and spun around, only to drop into a playful bow when she saw that it was the young guardian. 

"Hi Dauntless," she squeaked, her tail giving a friendly shiver before she cleared her throat and tried again, conscious that they had not actually met yet. "I mean - I'm Skraeling. And you're Dauntless. Um, hi!" Talking to people could be hard! Her family had never talked much you each other. Skraeling had never really fit in up north.

The girl pranced forward a few paces, her body held low and submissive before the younger boy. If he allowed her near enough, she sought to bury her snout in the handsome, wispy hairs of his nape.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
the girl, whose name he didn't know — and immediately felt bad about as she greeted him by name in a squeak — appeared to be fully of pep as she sprung to her paws and dipped fluidly into a playful bow in front of him. there was an immediate — if not a bit strange — resolution that he liked her. if he had to personify the saying 'personal ball of sunshine' he would say it was her ...and that was simply upon first impression alone. it's a bit strange to the aspiring guardian whom is accustomed to greeting strangers ( and near strangers ) with a tentative weariness but far from off-putting.

for some odd reason all dauntless can find himself doing is grinning like some sort of idiot as she amends herself and offers her own name in return. skraeling. dauntless repeats it to himself in his mind, finding the name foreign and a bit complicated sounding. then again, he's spoiled because his siblings all have relatively simple names ( though not if they were counting middle names which he wasn't ). "i am dauntless, yes." he responds with a nod of his head and a soft, genuine bubble of laughter that rises within his throat and passes unexpectedly from betwixt his lips. "i don't mean to be rude but ...d'you mind if i call you rae? i'm afraid i might butcher your name if i try to pronounce it." he asks abruptly as contemplates whether or not attempting to repeat her name back to her in a returned greeting.

dauntless watches as she prances forward in a submissive posture and does not move away upon her approach. "unless you don't like rae in which i'll call you by your full name." dauntless adds, a bit late with a clear of his throat. his detailed look at her was brief but she was cute ( from personality alone ) and her snout was buried in the fur of his nape; and he was trying to come off as cool.
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Woo it's been a minute. Sorry about the wait!
He smelled so nice! Like the borders - strong and unifying and faintly of lavender, which reminded Skraeling of what the pup den smelled like when she passed by. Of course, Dauntless had probably spent time there, being important and a son of the pack's father and all. "Rae is fine," she said with a happy wag of her tail, thrilled that Dauntless had somehow guessed her nickname. "But if I have a nick name don't you need one, too?" she asked, her head tipping to the side. What was a good nickname for Dauntless? Daunt? Less? Neither option seemed promising to the girl.

While she was thinking, she began to circle around the younger male, making sure to hold her body below his. It wasn't difficult because she was a bit smaller than Dauntless, even though she was older, but she was very intentional about it either way - she didn't want to offend anyone. "You smell really nice," she said with a little sigh of admiration, coming back around to face him. "We should be friends, so I can smell nice, too."
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!