Dawnlark Plains I'm gone for a week and this happens!
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
@Skrraeing

She was finally back in the territory after having been gone for a week during her heat. The alone time had been both good and bad. Having time to herself and time to further her knowledge of nearby plants would prove usefull, but she missed the other pack members. 

She tried to put everything that happened with Shale on hold for now. Right now she needed to check in with the pack and firstly her den. She stopped a few paces from the entrance when she caw various plants and herbs scattered around. She brushed a few to the side so she could enter her den and she was surprised at all that was there.

Her first instinct wasn't to be thankful for everything put curious as to who had cluttered up her den. All this disorder and aray in her personal space was aggravating despite the possible good intentions. She began by sifting through the herbs and plants throwing the ones that held no medicinal value out first. The scent of another was there but not one she knew well enough to identify.
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling was coming back with her latest prize - a discarded hummingbird's nest. Somewhere along the line, the original purpose of her task had escaped her vapid mind, and she was now just bringing Pema anything that caught her eye. It was often still herbs and flowers, but usually... not. But when she saw the female was finally back, the nest was dropped uncerimoniously on the ground. In her absence, Skraeling had only grown fonder of the older woman. She was not always present, but Skraeling had loved her more and more with each new item she brought as tribute. Why was she bringing gifts? No idea! But she was sure Pema deserved them.

"Miss Pema!" she squeaked, doing a little dance before slinking up to the other wolf, tail whacking against the insides of her legs. "You're back! I missed you!"
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
A loud call of her name nearly made her heart pop out of her chest, at it was screached into the funnel of her den. She turned around to spot the newest joiner of their pack. She came up close to her and Pema took a step back. Both with surprise at her close proximity to someone she hardly knew and also because she was still abit startled by her greeting.

Other then the day she had arrived Pema hadn't seen much of the girl, more then likely due to her recent week long absense. She took a moment to catch her breath and calm her nerves. "Skraeling. You startled me a bit. It's good to see you again too." she said with a smile. "Sorry that I haven't been around lately. I was out this past week." she said explained her absense to the girl. "How have things been?" she asked her. 

Where was Sunny? She thought. This girl was the first joiner that they had since their new rule change. They had talked about having a chaparone, but it wasn't really necessary, they just had to stay away from the young. But it was still a bit shocking to see someone so new feel so comfortable.
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh, it's good to see you, too!" Skraeling said, wiggling in a friendly manner as she beheld her mentor. After her initial greeting, she held back somewhat, giving Pema her space. She'd sensed the older woman's discomfort over her nearness, and the last thing Skraeling wanted was to disappoint her!

"Things have been swell! I made friends with Mister Shale and Aviana and Dauntless, and I brought you all these things! I didn't know what all would be useful, so I just grabbed everything," she explained with an anxious yawn, lowering herself to her belly and gazing up at Pema in adoration. Did I do good? bespoke the shy tremble of her tail.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It wasn't that Pema didn't like Rae's energy, it just wasn't what she was used to. She was so animated and lively. As though she could express everything she wanted to say and how she felt thought he expressions and actions without words.

As Rae spoke she revealed that she was the one who had brought all these things into Pema's den. It made sense now. All these randomly selected herbs and plants were meant to be helpful, and Rae's lack of experience wouldn't know a good herb from a bad one. She gave the girl a light smile,  "Well you had the right idea I suppose. Grabbing everything you can and see if it's useful later, rather than possibly pass up a useful herb."   that was the compliment, but now she had to tell her the truth as a true mentor should.  "But a lot of these aren't going to be that useful for medicine. They either have not the much medicinal value or were crushed under all the other things." she said with a faint smile not trying to be mean.  "But I really appreciate the sentiment."
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh!" said Skraeling, ears flying back in embarrassment. She'd wanted Pema to be pleased and impressed, but semi-pleased and forgiving would have to do. The girl crawled forward to kiss Pema's paws in apology before popping back up with new energy. "I can help you sort it out! That way I can learn what's good and what's useless," she offered, wanted desperately not to be one of those things that was useless. She'd never been great with plants and stuff, but she could learn, and she had to in order to make Pema and Grayday proud!
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
When Rae went to go and kiss Pema's paws she didn't move away but made a mental decision. She was one of the leaders of this pack, but this amount of praise was a bit too much. She had never been the one to expect others to be submissive and she didn't think others in Morningside would either. "You know Skraeling, you don't need to do all that for me."  she said with a smile, somewhat humored by the girl's admiration.

When Rae offered to help sort things out Pema thought that would be a good idea. "That would be very helpful... ummm."  she said thinking of where to start.  "These..." she said picking up some water hemlock, a thin white-headed bunch of flowers. "These are water hemlocks. They are quite abundant, but are actually poisonous. Causing rashes, nausea, diarrhea and in extreme cases death. We can put them outside the den to burry, that way no one gets to them." she said both explaining the plant and it's medical/poisonous properties.
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling misunderstood; grovelling came quite naturally to her, and so she didn't noticed that she was doing anything too unusual. Thus, she could only assume Pema meant working toward her assigned trade. "But Mister Grayday said I should do whatever I can to help you. Really, I need to learn," she assured the older wolf, ears pressing forward in earnest desire. It was not just that she needed, but that she wanted very badly to be of use to the pack.

Pema seemed inclined to continue the lesson after that. Skraeling beamed at her and settled in to listen, her expression falling into one of delayed understanding as several days of unexplain illness finally found reason.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema tilted her head to the side for a moment, unsure of why Day telling her to improve her trade would have anything to do with her displays of submission. She thought over what she had said and realized that she hadn't been specific enough as to what she was talking about.  "Oh, I wasn't talking about the herbs or your help. I was talking about your acts of submission. I know I'm one of the leaders but I don't expect you to grovel before me." she said in a light-hearted voice.

Continuing with her lesson/cleaning nosing around through the herbs and plants.  "... crushed... crumpled... withered... crushed..."  she mumbled going through the bunch and pushing them to the side. "These are a bit wet but they should be good once they dry out." she explained picking up a few nettle and raspberry leaves. "Do you see that somewhat large flat rock just outside my den?" she said. It was something she had moved closer to her den for just this reason. "It's a basking rock. I lay wet herbs on it so the sun can dry them out."  she explained walking out of her den and setting the leaves down.