Blackfeather Woods i'm going on a dancehall tune
i'm going to bring it all back to you
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
All Welcome 
they had outgrown the den in which their mother had labored to birth them -- its sanctity was lost on astara, who had long since dutifully explored the twisted tunnel to its full extent. each day the ground they were allowed to explore gradually expanded. day by day astara learned new things about the world - like not all grubs were delicacies, and some insects had a particularly mean bite.

it was her mother's stone that caught her attention today -- she had seen the doting way @Relmyna looked at it, the hours she had poured over its glassy surface. most notably, she had observed the strange state the stone seemed to inflict upon her mother. mostly, averna just knew it was a valuable possession, and like any shitty little kid, had all eyes to make it her own.

and so, tentatively, astara approached her mother whilst she was asleep -- her steps light, her eyes wide in intensity -- and should the gods favor her, would pluck the stone from its placement and sport it proudly in her jaws as she bolted away.

»» they may promise you that the river ain't too deep. ««
»» player policies ««
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Unable to keep most of her meals down, Shivali doesn’t even eat the rabbit she managed to catch between her teeth. Its mauled body dangles between her teeth, the smell of it giving her cause for retching, but she suffers through it and takes familiar steps toward the glen. If she can’t eat it, she can at least put it to good use. She hasn’t seen much of the new mother, aside from watching the puppies a few times, but since her own season came into place and the changes to her body she doesn’t want to accept, she has kept to herself most of the time.

The glen is empty as she steps down, finding the familiar tunnel that leads her to the slumbering mother, and quickly stepping inside to search the familiar path underground. Her steps are slow until she adjusts to the light but yelps in surprise when something small crashes right into her. Her ears slick back, dropping the kill, and steps back to see what sort of trouble she’s in, only to find it to be a small child actually in trouble.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
killing is the most natural thing in the world; we're created for it
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony

she dreamt of cicero.
relmyna had no fathoming within her that the melonii and herself had been destined for anything more than what they became. yet the ache for him had strengthened — not love, perhaps, but the recognition of the madman's features in her children. they belonged to blackfeather, to her — but to cicero also, and he would not see them grow.
grief roused the patchwork woman, but it was the swift movement of her daughter that brought relmyna fully to her senses. a confused blink; the stone. the rock of tongues. a brief logic attempted to pause the woman, but a sudden ire had kindled. above all things she cherished the little wolfesses, and yet the rock astara had carried away was relmyna's sole link to the world of speech lost to her.
with a growl that @Averna remain where she was, the thin-boned woman swept after the bobbing tail of her rogue, stride lengthening as she bore down.
mouthed words | thoughts
[Image: bfw2.png]
little spirit
247 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Seer
one post cameo

The ghost child awoke with a start. She blinked as she heard the growl that loud and clear told her to stay here, a command uttered by her caregiver and therefore binding. The pale child sat up and yawned, stretched her legs, then flopped down to the ground sitting. She looked 'round to find that the rock their caregiver cherished dearly was missing and perhaps her quest had something to do with this.

After a short moment of unrest and indecisiveness whether or not to follow the dark one and the caregiver, the pale child sank back into a laying position, curled up, smacked her lips sleepily and drifted back off to sleep.
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
with victory in her jaws, astara swept down the root-studded path in triumphant strides. the stone, the very thing her dam often clutched tight to her breast, was now hers -- hers to admire, hers to bury or play or break; she felt a sensation of pride flush her, curtailed only by the sudden arrival of a she-wolf astara was faintly familiar with. faintly now being an understatement, as she had just collided with the wolf and was suddenly intimately familiar with her presence.

she stepped back and moved the rock round in her small jaws, her tongue favoring the flatness of its smooth features as she studied shivali and the thing clutched in her jaws. whatever it was, it was not prized like the stone and she quickly disregarded it with smugness. her assessment of the white wolf was truncated as a growl from her dam reached her ears -- she flattened them and jolted, bolting as fast as she could by shivali in a desperate attempt to put as much distance between her and her dam. no doubt relmyna had discovered her child's crime, and astara had no intentions of giving back the object that was now rightly hers.

»» player policies ««
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Retracting the last line or so of the last post, Shivali does not drop the rabbit and the girl comes upon her in surprise instead. The northerner stares down at the small wolf (she does not remember their names) with something in her mouth. She can’t determine what it is but she glances back at further commotion before dropping her kill anyway and moving quickly to intercept the girl from escape and block the way out for all of them.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
some anger had risen in relmyna's breast as shivali seemed to present an obstacle; the pallid wolfess was only attempting an offer of aid to the mother, but the aspiring priestess met the sight with laid-back ears. in the confusion that ensued, the heated glare of the wolfess burned toward astara, and with a quick strike of her paw, she sought to trip the girl into the snow outside the den.
presumably successful, relmyna lunged down toward the small muzzle, seeking to clamp it in a warning vise and force astara to drop the rock of tongues — panic gorged her, as she had not yet disciplined either of her daughters so harshly, but it must be done.
mouthed words | thoughts
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
astara was forced -- coerced, even -- to slam to a halt by shivali's gesture. suddenly, the pale she-wolf's stature seemed to consume the entire egress -- astara for a moment tried to weasel between the wolf's legs, to somehow slither past -- but her mother's paw was upon her and she was swept indelicately aside. with a low growl she tried to cover her mouth, to secure her treasure -- but her mother's mouth wrapped around her tiny muzzle with a decisive clamp.

game over.

astara's ears pinned in annoyance and she wormed underneath her mother's grip, a tiny snarl bubbling in her throat -- but for all her tenacious attitude, she was overwhelmed and outmaneuvered -- and was forced to drop the prized stone.

»» player policies ««
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Last post.

She was able to get the child from moving past her, but not without a look of displeasure noticed by the mother. Her ears slick back against her head as she regards her, but the mute loses interest in the pale female and reprimands her child in front of her. Shivali licks her lips as an ugly feeling rears its head within her chest before she steps back, scooping up her gift, and taking her leave the way she came.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
in response to the woman's lowered ears, the pale northerner departed. however, relmyna, her jaws locked firmly 'round astara's small muzzle, was focused on the stone. gratified to see it released, the patchwork wolfess minutely tightened her punishing grip, displeased by the snarl that had risen in the small throat. astara must understand this was a thing not to be done again, and relmyna did not release the nightcub until she had presumably elicited some sound of submission.
mouthed words | thoughts
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
astara hadn't even noticed the white she-wolf's departure; her world was suddenly overtaken by humiliation and a slight prickle of pain. her snarls fell to high whimpers as her mother's grip ncreased -- and finally, spirit broken (at least temporarily), astara summoned high yelps from her tiny lungs that her mother might hear her piteous cries and relent. 

she had forgotten entirely about the stone -- her mind was only on the pain her mother had inflicted her -- and as soon as she was released, the dark girl bolted away like a roach.

»» player policies ««
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
when astara dashed from her mother's presence, surely frightened if not also chagrined, relmyna's ears fell back against the curve of her head. it was not a lesson she had thought she would ever give, and so a sigh broke from her pale chest. and yet it was one best learned; after a beat, the woman swept the rock of tongues into her maw and trotted off to find where her nightcub had gone.
mouthed words | thoughts