Duskfire Glacier In the cave
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
@Korei Julia

His journey brought him Northward. So much so that even now with it being spring the ground was covered in snow as he began to climb up the Duskfire Glacier. Howl wasn't too fond of the cold, but he wanted to climb up onto one of these high points to look around. With the undetermined path he had been taking on his trip he wanted to make sure he wasn't getting himself turned around in thier unfamiliar terrain.

But rather then reach the top of the mountain, he was stoped, by an interesting sight. An opening to a cavern. He thought nothing of it first, but then he heard the sound of moving water and went into the entrance. Once inside he could see the hidden waterfall and how the light streaming through bounced of the water in a wonderious sight. He stood at the foot of the waterfall listening to the water.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei had wandered off one night...just to follow the stars. She didn't exactly know how far she had gone, and had gotten so tired she slept through most of the day somewhere. Why hadn't she returned home? Because she was so enraptured by the stars. Eventually Korei stopped off somewhere, seeing a cavern. Somewhere she could rest at. She began to approach.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The sound of the moving water was interrupted by the faint echoing sound of approaching foot steps. Howl turned around towards the entrance, trying to see who it was that would be joining him in this cavern of wonder. Soon enough a small female came through the entrance. Her coat was white and had faint accepts of light tan that caught Howl's eye. 

He dipped his head as she came through the entrance and greet her, "Hello there Ma'am." he said simply, waiting to see how he responded before continuing. You could never be too sure of the temperment of a stranger.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia poked her head in and then froze upon hearing a voice, turning her head slightly. There was someone else in here already. "I, um...I didn't know there was..." She muttered the rest of the words, mumbling under her breath about how she must have been intruding. "Sorry I didn't mean...to intrude."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She stumbled over her words and sounded very timid. He hoped he hadn't startled her. But she seemed more concerned that she had intruded on him. But Howl didn't mind, in fact he prefered company, assuming they were nice and inviting, and being pretty didn't hurt.

Wanting to calm her nerves, "No intrusion at all Miss. You are welcome to come in and join me. My name is Howl... Howl Pendragon." he said bowing his head in greeting. 
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She heard herself giggle at being called 'Miss'. She didn't hear that before, and something about it sounded nice. "Korei....Korei Julia" she answered, mimicking the pause he gave. She stayed about round the entrance however. Korei was still somewhat wary of strangers these days, after when her ear had been hurt.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She let out a small giggle when he called her miss, but it wasn't a mocking laugh, and it sounded cute. "Nice to meet you Korei." he said with a dip of his head. She stayed near the entrance which was a bit disappointing. Not because she didn't come closer, but because he thought it might be because she was still a bit warry. He didn't want to force her to move forwards, but could only think that talking further might coax her out.

"I was just scouting when I came across this cave." he proceeded to say, keeping the conversation going. "I didn't expect it to be so beautiful in here." he said looking around the cave. "Have you seen it before?" he asked. Somehow the way she spoke when she first entered sounded as though she may have been here before and didn't expect anyone else to find it.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She nodded back. "Same...Same to you Howl" she said back. Korei could feel her tail doing a friendly wag. She looked about, and had to agree. Especially the waterfall that there was. It was a wonderful sight, yes it was. 

She shook her head after than. "I haven't been out this far before..." that Korei had answered.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She still didn't have much to say, but her tail wag was reasuring so he furthered his questioning, leading off her answers. "Interesting. What part of Teekon are you coming from?" he asked wondering how far she had traveled to this destination. 

He continued by answering his own question hoping that would be reasuring, "My pack is a few days travel south of here."
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia was hesitant to answer that, not wanting to endanger her pack. She was still ever-so wary. He added to the question with speaking of where he was from. "East...I come east from here, about a day away..." She said quietly. South...what was south? Had she been around there? Little did she know, she had indeed been there.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She was from the east. Howl didn't know of any pack further east of here. Though he wasn't often this far up north. He could smell a variety of other scents faintly mixed in with her pelt, giving his reason to believe that she was in a pack. He would have asked about it, but some packs were often very protective of their imformation. And with her being so timid he didn't want to ask anything that might scare her off. Plus he wanted to know about her, not her pack persay. "So what brings you west? Are you a scout for your pack?" he asked her, wondering what might cause her to further the conversation rather then just answer his questions. He might need to be more direct if she continued to be so shy.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia shook her head to the question. "Followed the stars...Followed too far" she added. She knew by now that after a rest it would be time to head back. She had gone too far away. And she looked a little sad about having done so. "What of you?" she then asked, matching the others gaze.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
So she had followed the stars. "So you're an astronomer then?" he said, stating his question rather indirectly. He hadn't meet too many wolves that devolted a significant amount of their lives to the stars, but perhaps it was simply a hobby of hers rather then a pursed trade.

"A scout and mercenary myself. I have a soldiers background and it sticks rather well." he explained.

She was still by the entrance, not yet taking another step into the cave. He took a glance down at her feet as he spoke. "Surely that doesn't make me too scary though does it." he stated humoriously.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia nodded, now smiling. "I love the stars. All about the stars, everything to do with the stars." She closed her eyes and looked up, picturing the stars behind her eyelids. And had a soothing smile. Then she opened them again as the other spoke. A mercenary? So he knew how to fight?

"Uh...um..." Normally when she met those he could fight, they fought and she saw. And she did find fighting rather scary.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He could see the passion in her for the stars, only wishing that the sun would set sooner so that she might see them, and that he might see her face light up to them.

When she didn't respond much to the comment he made out of fun he felt sorry. Scared that he might have in fact scared her somehow. "Oh... well I'm sorry if I've startled you at all. I know my large size can be intimidating but I'm quite gentle."  he said with a genuine smile. "And I tend to be more of a guardian than a warrior."  he added, in case it was his trade that was causing her uneasement.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia smiled gently as Howl apologized, thinking he had startled or scared her. "No no, it's fine...just have...experience with fights" she said, flicking the scarred ear she had and shivering. She looked him over, was he truly gentle? A cold breeze came in from behind that started her, making her take a couple steps forward. "That was cold" she murmured quietly.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
So bad experiences had made her warry, not the worst traitor instinct to have. So even though it was a bit disappointing that she wouldn't step further, he understood. A gust of wind came through the entrance and almost pushed her into the cave, causing her to take a few steps forward. She commented about how it was cold and Howl thought for a moment. He could see a small layer of steam like fog coming off the water and so he decided to stick a paw into it. It was warm, not to the extent of a hot spring, but warm compared to the neighboring air. He walking into the shallow pond below the base of the waterfall and turned to her. "Perhaps a drink of water will warm you up. It's surprisingly nice water."  he said, backing up a bit from her so she might feel alright with walking towards the water.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia watched as the male moved and as soon as he did, kept her eyes on him in case he made one towards her. Howl did not in fact, only moving into the water. She was a bit cautious...though was parched. Korei slowly began to walk over, and ducked her head down to lap at the water, but never taking her eyes from the male.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She walked up to the water, still very hesitantly, but she eventually came for a drink. She said nothing and looked at him the whole time. He wasn't sure what to make of it.

Maybe another approach. He turned to look away from her and to watch the cascading water down the falls. While still looking at falls he spoke to her, "So what it is that draws you to the stars the most?" he asked hoping to possibly strike up some conversation.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei sighed after she had gotten her drink. A refreshing drink indeed. The female wolf glanced up as she heard the question. "They are so far...yet so enchanting. And keep me company in the nights" she answered back to them. She loved the stars in the night sky. She then took a step back from the water, still keeping her eyes on the male.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She explained her reason for liking the stars. "They are quite enchanting. Don't the other members of your pack keep you company at night?" he asked still watching the falling water. Perhaps she didn't socialize with her pack members too much. It could explain why she found company with the stars and why she might be so warry with strangers.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia nodded with a wide innocent smile upon her muzzle. She loved the stars, and how bright they were. How they shined. "Sometimes they do. But I like to watch them in the quiet of the night. When it's late." That was why she rarely got sleep in the night, mostly in the day.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
From her response, it seemed that her lone star gazing was a personal choice, not something she had to resort to. A passion that she alone could revel in. Howl thought the stars were nice but didn't know much about them other than the northern star and how to use it for directions. Perhaps she could enlighten him,  "Would you be able to tell me about them. I know it isn't quite dark enough to see them..." he asked and commented.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei smiled lightly, thinking to the stars now. And then Howl asked if she could tell him about the stars above. "Well there's a lot! Little Dipper, Big Dipper, some form shapes like animals and plants and many things! And they can be used for direction!"
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He liked listening to her speak of the starts. Her attitude and demeanor light right up when she did. "That quite a bit to take in. Are there stories for any of them, or better yet which one is your favorite?" he asked curiously.