The Sunspire I'm too busy for your business
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
Private 

For @Rannoch <3

When she returned to the mountain in the early morning hours, Nara was exhausted. Even though hunting with Wraen had really paid off - she could anticipate a creature's moves more easily and she felt faster too, Nara had a hard time filling the caches at the same rate that the pack devoured them. She had journeyed from the lowlands to the Sunspire and back so many times, she could do it in her sleep. And sleep was exactly what she needed right now. 

Her face fell when she arrived at her den - she didn't recognize it immediately, but that pile of sand and rocks had definitely been her den. Nara sighed. The roof had collapsed and there wasn't really much room left to sleep. She decided to leave it for now and plopped down on a nearby rock. It was still cold from the night, but soon the sun's rays would warm it. Not much later, her eyes closed and she drifted off into the strangely-realistic-and-often-slightly-erotic world of dreams. Until a sudden sound woke her up.

Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Nara?" Rannoch called from a distance with concern in his voice; he had not yet realized that Nara had only just stirred. "Is everything okay?" Rannoch's sudden anxiety had stemmed from the condition of Nara's den, and he had to make sure that everything was okay. 

"You weren't in there when that happened, right?" Rannoch asked as he stopped in front of the bed-rock.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

Hi, Rannoch. I'm fine she said. Her voice still sounded a bit raw from sleeping. Luckily, I wasn't she responded and turned her head to look at the sad pile of dirt that was once her den, but if I had been, it would have saved you the trouble of burying me she chuckled, before realizing that she really could have been in there. She turned back to Rannoch, Do you think it can be saved? she asked. This was a nice spot for a den and she didn't want to give up on it just yet. Though if she had to, there were still lots of places on the mountain where she could make a new den.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch's concern dismantled his regard for Nara's weariness. "I'm so glad you weren't in there," he admitted with a solace-guided sigh. Rannoch then turned to the den site as he was asked about it, and he examined it for a long moment before he formulated his opinion on the matter. Rannoch renewed his attention on Nara with an expression that exposed his internal discord. 

"I'm not sure, honestly," although the damage looked drastic, Rannoch remained optimistic, "But, I'm more than willing to help you dig it out and see if we can save it." 
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

You are? she echoed in a hopeful voice and then gracefully hopped off the rock, feeling less tired already. Thank you, I really appreciate that Nara added with a smile. She immediately felt excited to do something about the desperate pile of sand that was her den. In the back of her mind, though, a voice told her to be careful not to get her hopes up too much - sometimes, things just can't be fixed.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Want to roll in your next post to see whether or not they'll be successful?

"Of course," Rannoch breathed in reply as he reached forward to nudge her shoulder affectionately, "You're like family, Nara. I'll do anything I can help whenever it's needed." 

Rannoch pulled away from her then and moved a step towards the demolished site. "Shall we?" he proposed.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

It's a succes!

A strong emotion filled her eyes when Rannoch spoke of family. She had never felt anywhere more at home then at the Sunspire and it wasn't the setting that had made her feel this way. Wherever Sunspire went, she would go too. Nara quickly brushed her nose against his fur in response. 

She watched the pile for a moment with her head cocked to the site. Maybe we could use bigger rocks this time she said, but it sounded more like a question because she didn't know anything about building a den with rocks, let alone structural forces.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
When Nara swept her snout against Rannoch's coat, he smiled and affectionately nipped her cheek. 

The focus of their discussion then settled on the demolished den site, and Rannoch observed it for an extended moment before he offered his opinion. "That should work," he decided as he drifted a step closer to the cave. From examining at a distance, Rannoch couldn't determine how her den had collapsed. "Do you have any idea how this happened?" he asked with a glance in Nara's general direction.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
So sorry for making you wait!

No idea, really Nara sighed. When I returned from a hunt it had already collapsed. Maybe the heavy rainfall from a few days back has something to do with it? she suggested and with a laissez-faire attitude she sat down on her haunches. She had basically given up and she just hoped that Rannoch would know what to do. She watched him for a moment before she asked How are you doing, actually? With so many puppies being born and new wolves joining the pack, she could imagine life was hard for an alpha.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Yeah," Rannoch agreed, "The rain could have easily done it." The rainstorm had been torrential at times, and it made sense to him that all that rainwater could have affected the landscape— there were still secluded sections throughout the mountain which were still damp from the rain. 

Rannoch was attempting to calculate a plan of action when Nara asked a question. "I'm good," he answered almost immediately; it was obvious that Rannoch's attention was divided between the situation and the conversation. "Busy," he added absently. 

Rannoch then turned from his examination and regarded Nara with a smile. "How are you?" he asked.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
Nara could feel that he wasn't up for talking or maybe he was just distracted, but she didn't want to bother him any longer. He would never say that she was, though - he was nice like that; all the more reason that she should take matter into her own paws and let him off. 

Ignoring his polite question, she said You know what, you go do whatever alpha-stuff you need to take care off and I'll go look for a new den, because let's face it, this was a lost cause anyway, she laughed. 

Nara granted her old den one more look before leaving, in search of a new one.