The Sunspire A days work
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
She had gotten back a few days ago and rested up fairly well. She decided it was about time to start preparing for her job. She left her temporary den and searched the area, finding an old abandoned fox den in the side of a hill. She began to dig it out, dort flying everywhere as she hollowed and widened it enough for her and one or two others. It took forever and by the time she had finished she was sprayed with dirt and panting.

Not done yet she walked back to her den and grabbed all the herbs she had gathered. She brought them to her new den and began to seperate them. She had rasberry leaf, poppy, chervile root and leaves, moss, chamomile, lavender, wild mint and a bunch of others that came in handy. She was proud of herself as she stepped back to eye her new home and her herb stock. Now she just had to  meet the ones who would be her new patients, the pregnant women.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
@Seabreeze was irritable uh... often enough. terance tried to see her and spend time with her but she wasn't always in the mood and he really didn't want to push his luck. they were still in a weird relationship limbo but... well, they'd figure it out one day. 

it was on his way back from a patrol that he spotted a wolf he only knew of. she was new, terance knew that, but that was about it. maybe that she was a medic? he was so focused on his pregnancy he was sort of forgetting all the important stuff. damn.

but remembering his manners, terance let out a low chuff, tail wagging as he approached the dirt-coated fae.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Having caught her breathe she looked up quickly at the greeting, giving a quick thump of her tail against the ground. "Howdy! It's real nice to see someone else around. I'm Hyacinth, medic." she introduced herself quickly, not feeling that it was proper to keep her name from a packmate. She studied him over and didn't notice any wounds, he didn't look ill either but maybe he felt sick. "Is everything alright?" she asked concerned.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"terance," the raven replied with a sweep of his tail and a dip of his muzzle, "sunspire's beta." the way she spoke reminded him a bit of blondine, which was fun to hear in another wolf-- but it was certainly different from his own dialect.

and then, a brief wave of concern washed over his own face, brows furrowing. did everything not look alright? he nodded. "oh yeah, i'm fine," he said quickly, ears pricking. he wondered if she was looking at all his scars-- they were so hard to miss-- but they were all healed, even the newer ones-- there was no way she thought he was hurting. 

ah but, well... maybe he could use this.

"well, do you know anything about pregnancy? my... seabreeze is expecting and i just want to be prepared."
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
This man was the beta! She blinked once and gave a nod of respect, clearing her throat. She was out of practice with the act of submission and respect, but she always had manners. "Nice to meet you Terance." she said kindly.

He said he was fine and she nodded once more though gave him a look of confusion. Had he just came to introduce himself? How nice! But then he spoke again and asked her about pregnancy and she smiled warmly. Seabreeze... she made note of the name, tucking the information away in her mind as a possible patient. "Well...at first she'll urinate more frequently, have bellyaches and possibly be picky over food. Mood swings are highly common but it isn't personal at all, just stress and hormones. Her teats will grow sore and sag a bit as they fill with milk. She'll be tired and restless all at once." she rambled off the side effects of being pregnant quickly.

She paused and took in a breathe, her eyes softening. "Make sure she's comfortable and happy, well fed and make sure she moves around often but nothing strenuous. The walking will help prevent cramping. If she snaps a lot try being sweet, it'll most likely pass." she spoke soothingly, remembering from experience that pregnant women often were quite snappy and bitter, but they never really meant it.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
he was unsure why she looked so confused. did he look unapproachable? or something? he couldn't figure it out-- but she dove right into some information so... he didn't have time to dwell on it.

terance wished he had a pen and paper. he knew some of this-- most of this but... not all of it, and it was a lot... "that's a, uh, a lot of information," he said with a soft chuckle and roll of his shoulders. "but, maybe i'll take her on a walk, i think that'd be useful," he added in a comment, a pretty general one at that.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Oh no, she had overloaded him. She shuffled a bit and wished her mom was here for a moment, wished she had her mother's people skills. "I'm sorry..you can always come back with any questions you need to ask" she said kindly. The walk he suggested was a good idea "A nice slow one. Nothing strenuous. How has she been so far? Any pains?" she asked. She hadn't been able to meet any of the pregnant women yet. "How many others are pregnant? I haven't met anyone besided you and Rannoch yet" she asked curiously. It would be good to know how many patients she should check up on.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance nodded. "deal," he said with a small smile, "and she's alright, had some weird cravings and a lot of morning sickness." he waited for her answer, curious to see if that meant anything... it sounded normal though, at least from what he knew. and then, zues, what was this girl? the pregnancy police? well, maybe that was her job... but still. he hesitated, thinking, then nodded. "olive just had a litter, and rannoch's mate liffey i know plans on having a litter soon," he informed her. but, of course, seabreeze was the only actively pregnant wolf in sunspire.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She smiled in return and nodded as he listed off her symptoms so far. "all normal!" she said happily and paid attention to the names listed. Olive and Liffey, two women she had yet to meet. She sighed softly and once again was struck by how out of place and homesick she felt. She was a grown woman, why did she feel like a lost pup? Clearing her throat she gave an awkward smile and stood up "Thank you Terance. I should probably get around to meeting everyone." she said and fell silent. After an awkward stretch of silence she exhaled and shuffled a bit "Anything else I can do for ya?" she asked, somewhat hoping it would be a no so she could go hide and stop being all flustered and weird.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance gave a dip of his head. good. and then she seemed to be done, so terance shook his head. "nope, just wanted to come say hi," he said with a smile. then, with a wave of his tail, he glanced away-- he should probably get back to patrolling anyway. "i'll see you around, hyacinth, thanks again for your help," he said, and then began off towards the borders.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It seemed she wasn't really needed for much else and he confirmed that with a smile. She returned it and nodded "Sure thing! I'm always available for a chat" she said as he turned to leave. She sighed softly and watched him go before turning and ducking inside her den for a rest.