Dawnlark Plains it's a rush
207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The pale child had spent what felt like forever peering towards the den entrance; he burned with restless curiosity. There had to be more big ones out there! He could not put words to the feeling yet, but already River wished to capture their attention. At his tender age, he knew little of expectations, but nonetheless half-expected the experience would be magical. It likely would be; at five days shy of a month old, the young Corten was not a harsh critic. A shiny dirt particle likely would have entertained him well enough.
Nonetheless, he yearned for more— even before it was attainable. River rose on tiny determined baby feet, and found he was faster than he expected. Woah— nice. He made for the den entrance, and likely would have made it out if not for that meddling kid. Well, that was the story he'd go with; in his excitement, he forgot the first basic rule of walking. Watch where you're going. River didn't realize this even as he tripped right over something as soft and potato-y as himself. Oh, oops. The boy landed face-first on his sister, flopping his full weight onto her. All he could do for the moment was lay there, stunned and probably squashing Kitten.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i want more berries, and that warm summer feeling
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
see the line where the sky meets the sea mouth of the birthing den?  apparently, it called to river.  kasatka had been slumbering peacefully, until his fat ass tripped over her.  she let out a disgruntled squeal before flailing to get her brother off of her, unamused with being woken up in the middle of the day.
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
There was a commotion from up ahead - the kids were wandering again, damn it, but he was already falling back into slumber. "No fighting," the male mumbling without ever really waking.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —
Catori had finished the latest rounds of feeding, grooming, and snuggling and was watching her little family with pride and a bit of awe. They were hers. She had known them from tiny particles of herself, and now, flesh and blood and real she was watching them become themselves. River was more mobile while Kitten had settled in for snoozes and unfortunately had being her brothers landing pad hoisted upon her. Grayday rumbled about the pair fighting in response to Kitten's protests and Cat chuckled before shaking her head. 

She leaned over and lifted River off his sister, helping the boy right himself again before releasing him. "We're getting restless."  She explained simply, considering that soon the poor plains might have her brood unleashed upon it.  
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Well, that was just rude— first she gets in the way, then she starts kicking him! Well, that was what her flailing felt like to River, anyway. Huffing and yelping indignantly, the boy made to scramble off of her. His father's mumbled words slipped right by him, but in the next moment he felt someone grasp him firmly. River stiffened and squeaked in alarm— then realized it was his mother, and twisted to try and lick her face.
He was undeterred even when she put him down and made those strange mouth noises. Wee-werwer! River mimicked happily, tail wagging as he moved closer to his mother. The boy rose shakily on his hind legs, lurching forward to push his front paws into her chest; he was still quite determined to lick her face. He stretched up towards his mother, mouthing and licking what parts of her he could reach in a showy demand for affection.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i want more berries, and that warm summer feeling
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
uh, no fair!  kitten also wanted attention.  she stumbled over to mama-bear and left sleepydad alone, whining indignantly at the audacity of catori.
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday listed his head when Catori spoke, turning it toward her even as his leathery ears flicked toward the kids. "Who wants to go outside?" he asked, pulling himself to his paws.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours