Broken Antler Fen i'm the best there is at what i do
2 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Sleepless nights had allowed for Howlett to wander into the heartland of wolves. The scent of them was thick on the air and several of the territories he had purposefully skirted to avoid any social interaction. The mutant kept himself well hidden enough until he fell into the fen. It was there – late in the evening – that the hound found a moment of peace. He dropped down to his elbows and then stretched his stomach out against the ground for a reprieve from the time he’d spent on his limbs. With a grunt and an unamused expression, Howlett dropped the thick bone he had carried between his paws and began to work against it with his teeth. He sought ways to keep himself busy, but he’d been on his own long enough to know that he would never return to the base, and the world wasn’t going to attempt to make good with any favors.

A few birds cried overhead as they passed. Howlett followed their flight path with a quick glance before they fluttered out of sight and out of mind. Fixating back on the bone, the mutant clutched it between his two front paws and gnawed against the sharpest point. He could feel the jutting of the jagged edge against his lip and gums, but he worked away at it until his mouth bled and his feet had grown tired of holding it in place.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn had been wandering late into the night, too curious about this place to sleep just yet. She had just come to this area where the ground felt softer than in the other places she had been earlier. The scents here were also different and intriguing. Brynn continued to wander deep into the yen with no real purpose other than to quench her curiosity. 

Soon she came upon another presence that appeared to be enjoying a bone. She stopped, sniffing the air. She knew from her time spent as a lone wolf that she had just found herself in a potentially dangerous situation. In her past, Stumbling onto a stranger enjoying prize had not gone well for her. She was unsure what to do, but she was sure that she did not want to fight. Surely if she moved, he would notice her if he hadn't already. But she couldn't stay there either. Finally, she decided to take her chances. She slowly moved backwards, letting out a slow, high-pitched whine and making sure to keep her eyes fixed on this stranger.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
2 Posts
Ooc —
The scent of her had announced her presence before she had even uttered a sound. The gruff hound drew in the air of her aroma and huffed softly. When she stepped forward to meet him, her whine signaled her respect of his item. Still, Howlett met her with a surly bark that had formed in the very back of his throat. The glint of his yellow gaze met her own features, and he roamed her shape freely before a frown settled on his dark lips and he furrowed his brow. The hound was not keen on watching eyes when he was enjoying his piece and the satisfaction of gnawing against his previous kill.

The fur along his back bristled some as he rose up from his laying position and made himself attentive in posture. The tall ears atop his head drew forward. Howlett exhaled in the sound of a dissatisfied humph before taking a single step forward to put his bone behind his front paws. “What to you want?” he demanded.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn watched as the stranger barked as she took in his possessive body language. When he stood, she noticed his hackles raise and the movement he made to make sure he was between her and his bone. At his gruff words, Brynn put her ears back submissively, being careful not to make eye contact with him. "I don't want anything," she quickly responded, "I'm simply here by accident. If it's okay with you, I'll just head back the way I came and leave you in peace." Hopefully, her words and body language would allow her to leave here injury free.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.