Swiftcurrent Creek In between the raindrops
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
For @Constantine - forward dated a little bit

Though she had been nervous to tell him, she had let Koji know about her swelling belly and sensitive teats. She knew better now than to blame some kind of sickness. There was no going around it anymore. She was definitely carrying her friend's children, her own children, and was terrified above all else. She liked it here, liked the many wolves around her, but she could understand if the current alphas found banishment a fitting punishment. Or worse... Killing off her babes because they were a threat to the well being of their own. She would do anything to prevent that from happening. Though unplanned and generally unwanted by the pack, they were still her children and a mother had to protect them from harm.

She wandered through the Creek again while she still could. She knew from watching other females that walking or doing pretty much anything would become a struggle as the due date drew nearer and nearer, and she intended on spending her time alone thinking and planning and doing as much as she still could. She wasn't going mountain climbing or anything, too afraid she might slip and fall and kill both herself and her offspring in the process, but she had gone out hunting small game a few times. It wasn't much, she knew, but they were with so many... Surely she wasn't the only one dragging rabbits and birds to the caches. Even now, she carried with her a fat hare that was probably enjoying the coming of spring before she took its life for the pack.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Phone post.. Sorry!
To say he was displeased by the fact that already two of their subordinates had broken pack law was an understatement -- he was livid. Durnehviir had soothed his initial response to chase the two wolves out, informing him of Chusi's rather blatant display of complete naivety. It only meant to darken his thoughts on the wolf Koji, though the Alpha had seen very little of the dark wolf.

It was just as well. It was likely the male would only be met by the Mayfair's fangs at the moment, given how both had not only endangered the potential growth and resources of his own litter, but had even failed to keep themselves off one another. Had they still been a small band of travelers on their own, her pregnancy would have been even more dangerous.

Even as the dark male came upon one of the offenders, plump rabbit and all dangling from her youthful jaws, he could not discard the feeling that Durnehviir's kindness had been taken advantage of.

He made no notion to bring attention to himself. Instead, he waited and watched, as if he could gain some insight to the girl.
all you have is your fire
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Unlike the hare, however, she had little time to enjoy the coming of spring. If anything, she dreaded the summer and every day that passed, for it meant more and more of her freedom would be stripped from her. Being a mother wasn't an easy task and it would most likely keep her where she was for the time being... Not that she planned on leaving soon anyway. Perhaps if her band stuck around and her children were old enough to make decisions, she would try and start the Velingar again. But that day was really far into the future, if there at all.

Upon spotting the Alpha male, Chusi shrunk. Her formerly lively ocher eyes had lost most of their sparkle she had been known for as a child, but she assumed the other would not notice. They had barely shared anything together. The only thing she knew him for was his position and place in the pack. All he probably knew her for was her insubordination and naivety. Her ears drooped, slowing to a stop as she dropped her meal on the ground and lied down behind it - nosing it to her superior. It was a small gesture that would in no way solve the trouble Koji and her had caused, but it was something.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She slid to the ground – clearly, their message of placing her as the pack Omega had struck home with her choices, though his lips remained drawn in a thin line. His eyes flitted to the rabbit she offered him, and his features softened – not because he forgave her, nor did he trust her – but she was young yet, and naïve. And the wolf who had joined their pack with her, Koji, had taken advantage.

“I won’t take food from a soon-to-be mother,” he rumbled in turn, his tail giving an idle sway at his hocks. “Not when my mate is fed well enough.”

He paused then, allowing the quiet to stretch before them, before: “Tell me about yourself.”
all you have is your fire
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Being placed as an Omega was perhaps the worst thing anyone could've done to her at the time, her pride usually being the only thing that gave her motivation and a positive outlook on the future. Status meant a great deal in Chusi's book, having been raised to be a great leader like her father was and to put the pack above herself in most cases. She carried now the lowest title with great shame, having little hope to restore her image anytime soon.

She frowned at his words, averting her gaze with a small nod. She let the hare be though, her heart having sunk into her stomach, releasing the cravings for any kind of nourishment. The usually talkative butterfly didn't know where to start with his command, but she thought it best to start with the beginning, if he so wished to hear.

I'm Chusi Fearghal, mah last name's a gift frum mah adoptive father - Arturo. 'Grew up in Ravensblood Forest, which is why I thought ya guys were mah former pack... She explained, only slightly proud of how far she had come. 'Was supposed ta become tha one ta replace mah father as tha pack's alpha, but we had ta move due ta some pack called Blackfeather Woods. After that, Well, I got separated frum them, became the leader of sum other pack in tha mountains - Northstar Vale - before that fell apart. After that I... She paused, not wanting to talk about her awful time in Grimnismal. 'Fell in love with sum guy from anotha pack, joined it but upset its leader so I was banished togetha with Arrille. 'Stumbled 'cross Koji and Clock 'n now we're here, I guess. She skipped over a lot of details too painful for her to try and remember clearly, but the this was the biggest part of her story yet.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**