Swiftcurrent Creek The world's such a crazy place
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
For @Durnehviir - a bit forward dated

The hard-working girl dragged yet another hare into the territory. She wanted to hunt as much as she could for the pack while she still could, to perhaps prove herself worthy of a place among them even with her offspring, but she knew that within a few weeks her belly would swell so much it just wouldn't be possible anymore. Already had a slight baby bump developed, the hair grown thinner and her teats swollen. She didn't dare seek out Durnehviir now her children had already been born. She probably didn't want anything to do with Chusi at all after their last conversation.

What she did do was bring her catch to her den quietly, placing it near the mouth but far enough she didn't have to come too close. Anyone allowed in there could bring it in, she didn't want to do it herself. She didn't want to be snapped at, after all. She sighed softly, turning slowly, readying herself for another scout mission to locate some rabbit holes.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir dozed, curled close to her pups as they did likewise. It was a trick that the new mother had picked up on quickly: sleep while they sleep, to prevent exhausting herself prematurely.

She had been so focused on her offspring that she hadn't cared much to consider Chusi's unfortunate situation, but the thought came to her in fleeting moments. While the initial outrage had subsided, the russet Alphess frustration with her subordinates flared whenever they crossed her mind. Durnehviir did her best to disregard the headache, knowing that a decision would need to be made soon, and it was something that would need to be discussed at length with her mate.

A week had passed by quickly following the arrival of her young, and no visitors had come. For this, Durnehviir was grateful. She wasn't prepared to let anyone invade her den - not even the comrades she'd known since the early days of Ravensblood Forest. Protecting her children was her number one priority, so her eyes flickered open at every unusual noise. In this case, it came in the form of footfall beyond the hollow's entrance and her head shot up, eyes fixed there as she listened to the movement outside.

The padding stopped, and silence followed for a short time before she heard movement head away. Durnehviir pulled herself into stiffened limbs and stepped over the sleeping infants to peer into the clearing beyond her den mouth. Champagne eyes found Chusi's retreating form, immediately seeking the tell-tale swell of her previously slim waist to confirm her suspicion.

"Chusi," the crimson leader called with every intention of drawing attention to her, though there was an undeniable cool edge to her tone.
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The dark girl halted, tail making a last sway before she turned. Durnehviir's head poked through the opening of her den, and though it was a rather amusing sight, the girl's usual smile had faded. She was too worried to even think of looking for the positives in her situation. She could hardly be excited for her own children, which only made her feel worse. They should be wanted, unlike her...

Yes? She answered softly, ears drooping down. It was strange, the feeling in her tummy. Not because of the babes, but the anxiety tickles every day brought to her. Her mouth felt dry. Any day could be her last spent among her friends, in a safe environment, and she couldn't even enjoy it while it lasted due to all this.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She could have ignored her, but chose not to. Instead of fleeing the scene as Durnehviir expected, the raven wolfess paused in her tracks to look upon her leader with a solemn expression. Something glimmered in the fiery hue of her sad eyes, and the russet Frostfur frowned thoughtfully as she tried to decipher her own emotions.

Clouded by her own rage, she had failed to see any sign of remorse in Chusi for taking part in the breeding season without her permission. Looking at her then, Durnehviir thought the younger female to appear significantly smaller than she remembered - a shell of who she was. The mother's heart in her thrummed uncomfortably, guilt tugging at its strings as her thoughts turned to something Wylla had told her when they'd been reaqcuainted in the Emberwood: "everyone is a huge dick, including you right now."

Chusi was, in Durnehviir's opinion, very child-like in her youth and had a lot of growing up to do. She believed her to be careless and foolish, capable of knowing better, but the fault could not lay with the swarthy yearling alone. She was not Koji's biggest fan, and her impression of him was that he took advantage of a dumb young girl - and he would not get away with his decision to do so.

"A word, please?" Durnehviir said with a cant of her ginger-tipped muzzle, beckoning her closer. She stepped further into the open, sitting directly at the mouth of her den to block her own pups from view.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Handed down from wolf to wolf until she met Arturo, Chusi had never had a proper family to tell her wrong from right. She had to figure that all out by herself. Though not mature and somewhat stupid in decision making and planning, she found herself to be a good person. A good friend, even though they usually didn't stick around for very long. She wondered why that was sometimes, but there were more pressing matters on her mind now.

She nodded, dragging her lowered body closer. Her ears perked up a bit, swiveling around. Usually Koji followed her everywhere, but she didn't want him to intrude on this conversation. She also tried to pick up the familiar squeals and babbles just born babes made, mostly for nostalgia's sake. She'd been so happy anytime a litter was born, but now it just made her more anxious. She sat down in front of Durnehviir, posture respectful and rather sad. Was this it? Her second banishment this year?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Obediently, Chusi came to her. Durnehviir observed the dark wolfess' approach in silence, following her stride with champagne eyes as she tried to maintain an impassive appearance. She had not been particularly thrilled about her illicit tryst wth Koji and she was still trying to figure out how best to deal with the result, but she knew enough that she did not wish to murder whatever offspring she may bear.

As the raven-furred female drew nearer, a stirring came from inside the den. Durnehviir regarded it with a backward cant of a large ear, though she did not turn to peer inside. She recognised the mewl to belong to the mottled Akatosh, who'd likely been shoved at by a rude sibling, but his protest did not continue and silence enveloped them once again. Her gaze remained locked on Chusi's slim features throughout her son's offended cry, curious to see her reaction, and noted with interest the intrigue that fleetingly brightened her amber eyes.

"Well," the russet Frostfur started as her young pack-mate lowered herself to sit before her. She blinked briefly to look upon the subtle swell of her abdomen and her jaw tightened, before she pressed on: "I'm sure you've come to realise how serious this is, and I hope you've learned from it. I was - and still am - very disappointed that this has happened." She furrowed her brow, recalling the harshness of her biting words upon discovery of Chusi's potential pregnancy. "You and Koji have both broke pack law, and let me assure you that it will be the first and last time that either of you endermine our rule." 

She inhaled deeply, nostrils flared, and exhaled heavly. Had they still been at Ravensblood Forest, Durnehviir doubted that she would allow this unplanned brood to survive. Their numbers had been low on the coast, and their neghbours too many; she would never risk losing her own babes in favour of another's. Swiftcurrent Creek, however, was built on second chances - she'd extended one to Wylla, so why not Chusi? "There will be consequences for your poor choices, but I will not sentence your pups to death. I give you my word."
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Owh, how she did realise now. Had she known the dance they had done that night would be the cause for her spawning her own offspring, she would've never done it. Not even with the heat controlling a small part of her mind. But she would recognize it next time; she would suppress the urges that came with it, lock herself up somewhere, and definitely educate her own kids on the matter. Had she learned? Definitely. Did she want to learn about parenting? Not exactly, but she had no choice now, did she?

Durnehviir didn't have to tell her how disappointed she was. Chusi was disappointed in herself more than perhaps her fiery Alpha was. She nodded sadly. She knew from her leading lessons that it was most packs' law that there would be no breeding without permission. She knew it all too well. She didn't dare defend herself (how could she? She had told her story, but clearly just not knowing wasn't enough), keeping quiet as her leader spoke.

She drooped more at the word consequences, but lit up at the other's second part. Ya.. Ya mean I can keep'em? She asked. Or did she mean, grant them to a more deserving mother whose season had not come this year? She didn't want another woman caring for her own children... The whole situation was a mess, but it was her mess.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Chusi sagged noticeably, then brightened considerably. Durnehviir pricked a ginger lobe in response to this, gathering from her reaction that this decision surprised her. In a way, it ruffled the Alphess' feathers. Did she appear this brutal, cold-hearted witch? Her heart sank a little further, and her pale eyes were averted to look down at the clean white of her forepaws. Had they still called the coast their home, perhaps things would have ended very differently for Chusi, but she hoped that Swiftcurrent would be a kinder environment to all of them.

She confirmed with a curt nod before raising her crown to look upon her dark pack-mate once again. Durnehviir remained entirely torn; she was well within her right to end the lives of Chusi's pups if it meant bettering those of her own and while regret did not cross her mind, she guiltily wondered if the girl was even capable of motherhood. Booting her from the ranks was not an option; Constantine had expressed great sorrow for his own past decision regarding an illicit litter within his birth pack, and was loathe to entertain the idea. She would respect his feelings on the matter, and so all they could do was maintain a close watch and support Chusi's offspring the best they could.

"I will help you," she added firmly, though it was not something she asked of her. Chusi would be supervised closely whether she wanted it or not. Durnehviir herself was a new mother who was learning with every day, but this alone was experience that she could assist her subordinate with when her time came.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Durnehviir wasn't the only one who doubted Chusi's skills as a mother. Chusi had been treated as a child by her biological mother, then by anyone who had ever met her, and now she was to care for her own children while not having realized she had grown so much? It seemed nearly yesterday that she had joined Arturo and her Family, and yet... how many moons had passed since? Surely around a year or two had gone by without her even noticing it all that much. Life was hectic.

I...I was adopted, 'n now... Now I wanna give mah own children somethin' I never had... She admitted softly, her fondness for the beings in her belly already greater than she could express, despite her fear of the future with them. She wondered at night if she was to have boys or girls or maybe even both, even though she had only gotten the blessing of keeping them just now. What I'm tryin' ta say is thank ya... She added, her form lowering in unspoken respect.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Chusi's own doubt was clear to her, as she gave the russet Alphess an insight to her childhood. She admitted that she'd been adopted into a family that was not hers by blood, but that she'd made her own. The fact that she wished to be better for her own children spoke volumes, leading Durnehviir to believe that her young pack-mate had thought long and hard about her situation.

She wondered if the young Fearghal would've departed Swiftcurrent if her leaders did decide to destroy this unplanned leader, or if she would've submitted to their decision. It was difficult for Durnehviir to think herself capable of killing innocent whelps, though she knew she would if it meant that her own would have a stronger chance of survival. In this instance, their comfortable lifestyle and thriving pack did not force her to make such a harsh choice - much to Chusi's luck. She mustered the hint of a smile to acknowledge the girl's timid appreciation.

"We'll introduce you to our litter when the time is right," she offered, still unprepared to allow others into her hollow to view her precious babes within, "and I can answer any questions you may have."

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi's pride and respect for anyone above her would have driven her to let her babes be killed if they were not wanted. Sure, it wasn't a thought she liked to explore a whole lot, but it was true. There was nothing more important than the pack one was part of nor one's pride. Still, she was glad nothing like that would happen. She would be able to birth and then care for her children just like the alpha pair.

She nodded; the puppies were probably still too young and vulnerable for the whole pack to meet them and Chusi didn't dare poke her nose in business that wasn't hers. Did it hurt much? She asked softly. Though she knew the pain to be worth it, she still wanted to prepare for it.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Fading here.  :)

Durnehviir responded to the best of her ability, assuring the young mother-to-be that childbirth was far from simple. As beautiful as her own babes were and as much as she loved them, having a large litter of newborns was messy and at times, inconvenient. It meant being holed up for days, too fearful of letting anybody else take care of the precious cubs who relied solely on mother's milk. Durnehviir had been lucky to have Constantine who she trusted wholly and completely, but she was still wary of leaving him with the pups for too long.

When the litter roused in demand of another feeding, the russet Alphess bid her dark subordinate farewell. She observed the pregnant Omega's retreat and, when she was out of sight, stepped from the mouth of her den to retrieve the hare that'd been placed nearby. Durnehviir slipped into the hollow, curling about her hungry puppies to present her undersides to them and eat her own fill of the peace offering that Chusi had delivered.