Firestone Hot Springs Right now, I'm in a state of mind
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Private 

The night was a little chilly for Speedy's liking, so she had come to a place she knew would be nice and warm. When she had first arrived here, the nights were much colder, and she spent many a night here resting in the warmth of the steam. 

Tonight, she found a nice, toasty rock to curl up on while she digested the rabbit she had eaten a little while ago. As she soaked in the heat, she looked up at the sky and was struck with a sudden streak of homesickness. It rarely happened anymore, as she was happily settled into her life as a wanderer, but sometimes she still missed her family. Night time was usually when it hit because she knew she would have to try and find somewhere safe to sleep. She had a few spots here and there that were relatively safe, but nothing beat sleeping with pack members in a secure territory. It was a small price to pay for her very treasured freedom, though, so she didn't dwell on it too much. Letting out a little sigh, she let the warmth settle into her fur and soothe her as she continued to stargaze.
92 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

A freezing chill runs down Keelut's spine as the cold midnight air brushes past him, but he embraces it. The night speaks to him in ways not many would understand, and the directions she gives take Keelut further through the flatlands than he meant to go initially. The rustling leaves whisper once more and he heeds their command. A stream blocks the way but the clouds insist that he gets past it.

A freezing chill runs up Keelut's limbs as the cold water runs below his paws, but he embraces it. Fueled by Anna's encouraging words the oracle allows his body to flow with the river until he's swam across. Shivering, Keelut looks up to the night sky and he is still there, gleaming red, glaring at him, ready to reveal the message Keelut is so determined to earn, and he walks on.

Unsure of what he's going to find the pale wyr heeds the night's signals and walks on despite hardly being able to move his freezing limbs until a white cloud forms in the distance. He squints and quickens his pace; Anna seems to be sure that's where they're going. It grows closer and clearer, and once within its warm embrace Keelut understands. He's being rewarded for his faithfulness.

But what about the message?

He knows he's missing something and he curses in the dark tongue for not bringing Tizheruk to help him prepare for the gods to fill him with their light. So he searches around for a sign. Eyes, wide and ears perked as his nose guides him through the hot mist Until her figure is drawn in the distance. You! Keelut barks excitedly, in his companion's absence Keelut is granted a temporary anchor by the gods. Everything has been carefully planned. I need your help, he pleads with a kind smile as he stares up at the female perched on the rock with big, blue eyes.

Light blue speech is all in Keelut's head and cannot be heard by anyone but him
Styled speech is spoken in some language which unless your character knows it, is unintelligible

@Tizheruk is welcome in any and every thread with Keelut, as they never stray too far from each other.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy loved it here. She silently wished she could just sleep here, but she knew that would not be a good idea, especially by herself. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the approach of a stranger. Speedy widened her eyes in surprise at the strangers boisterous words before sitting up to return his blue gaze with her own golden one. 

Um, you need my help with what? she asked, a little confused. They were complete strangers, and the first words he spoke to her were to ask her for help. What could he possibly need from her? She looked him over to make sure he wasn't hurt in anyway, and he appeared to be fine. What, then, did he need her help with, she wondered. She was always willing to help anyone in need, but she would need some more details first.
92 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

As it was always the case Keelut had been too excited about his purpose that he had failed to realize that not every wolf that was chosen as the gods' devices were aware of their importance. It was strange, but not many wolves were aware of how detailed was the scheming of the fate spinner, nor how the fit within their plans.

But Keelut was well aware of his place and he was always content to explain things to others. I have been chosen to be recipient of a message from the gods. It will come tonight, but I need an anchor to hold me in the mortal plane while their forces run through me, it really was that easy. He doubted the girl would have a reason to refuse to offer her help. At the end of it all she had been chosen, not by him, but by the gods themselves to be there and then to serve a purpose.

It comes with no risk to you, but I need to prepare you for the ritual, he added casually. To anyone who heard him and did not share his knowledge Keelut would seem like a mad man, which was often the case, but the young wyr had a role to play in the great scheme of things and he was always happy to serve the gods.

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy sat up at his words. She just looked at him skeptically, unable to come up with anything to say. He said it so matter-of-fact, which just made it all the more confusing. What did he mean by he needed an anchor? She would think he was crazy, but he seemed completely lucid as he spoke. 

At his next comment, Speedy stood up on the rock she had been perched on. What do mean prepare me? and ritual? what kind of ritual? Speedy asked, looking around nervously. What did he want to do to her? He was, as usual with most wolves, larger than she was and could easily hurt her if he wanted to. She studied him as she waited for his answer, looking for any sign he might want to cause her harm so she could attempt to bolt. Still, she was, for some reason, intrigued enough to wait for more of an explanation, although a little wary of his intentions.
92 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Phone post! Plz excuse any typos, I'll edit later if necessary :P

It had become quite habitual that whoever Keelut approached met him with skepticism and wariness. He wasn't used to it, where he came from he had been perfectly normal and even prophetical and iconic for some, so the girl's reaction, while not disappointing, was somewhat frustrating.

Keelut looked up at the bright red star shining in the night sky and he knew he didn't have much time. As ai said, it comes with no harm to you, he repeated kindly, yet uncomfortable about the time being wasted. I will plead the higher spirits to allow me bind my soul to your physical body, so when I detach from my body to enter the void to retrieve the message I will have a stronger force to fetch me back, he explained. This was all easy to understand if one had the time to think it through, but time was a limited resource in their context and Keelut needed to get going.

I only need you to drink my blood, he added. That was the most important part. Since Keelut didn't have a full moon to draw energy from to carry out the ritual he had to employ blood magic which, in cases like this (where the soul and its vessel are split apart) was just as powerful.

Styled speech is spoken in some language which unless your character knows it, is unintelligible

@Tizheruk is welcome in any and every thread with Keelut, as they never stray too far from each other.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
No worries! :)

Speedy listened while he explained himself further, her golden gaze studying him intently as he spoke. For a second, she wondered if she were dreaming. Had she accidentally fallen asleep on the warm rock she had been resting on? But, no, this was real, and a stranger was standing in front of her, telling her that he needed to bind his soul to her physical body. Um, okay.

Her eyes widened again at the request that she drink his blood. Drink your blood...and then what? Speedy asked, brows drawing together. Was that part of the preparation, or was that the ritual? More importantly--why was she actually considering this? The whole thing was crazy, but once again, she found herself intrigued by the situation, especially since, despite his deranged request, he seemed otherwise sane.
92 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Then I will enter the void, said Keelut, not realizing that Speedy was asking about her half of the ritual. But there wasn't much else to it anyway aside from saying the right words. Speedy's role as anchor only required her to act as physical weight to pull him out of the void once the message had been relayed. And although it was dangerous to trust a stranger for this feat Keelut was desperate.

Please, he begged, I don't have much time, he said as he glanced back to the red star above once more. The night would not last forever and Keelut had no way to know how long it would take for the message to be revealed once he entered the void.

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She gave a sigh. Look, I realize you're in a hurry, but if you want me to agree to this, than you need to answer my questions, Speedy answered abruptly. She deserved that much. What he was asking was ridiculous, and he was just lucky to have stumbled onto a wolf that genuinely wanted to help others. 

After I drink your blood, what would I have to do? she asked again with a little more clarification. She wasn't going to agree to his request without knowing all of the steps. Who knows what she could be agreeing to?