Stone Circle is there room for one more son
46 Posts
Ooc — Fira
All Welcome 
Tagging @Kegana ! And  @Clary  for reference!

Red was settling in nicely to her new home, though it didn’t quite feel like home yet. She was sure she would get that feeling with time, once she got to know her new packmates. At least Valette and Clary were nice. Red chuckled to herself as she padded along the territory, thinking back to when she met Clary at the borders. That girl was so full of energy that Red couldn’t help but smile when she thought of her.

The elf-like wolf had not been paying much attention to her surroundings that day, but now as she trekked along the border, doing her duty and spreading her scent to renew the smell of pack life here, she noticed the strange boulders. Curiosity overtook her and she followed them, realizing over time that they made a large circle. In the distance she could see even more boulders, and she stopped walking to stare at them. How on earth had they all gotten here? Clearly, they were too heavy for an animal to move them, so… had they always been here? “How strange,” she murmured to herself. After a few more seconds of allowing herself to wonder at them, she continued perimeter walk around the territory.
Cardinal will exit a thread after 10 days of no replies. Feel free to skip her after 10 days, as well.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
hellllloooooo! Keeping the stone circle very vauge as I am seeing it for the first time in thread.

It had only been a few days, and yet Kegana was finding it surprisingly easy to find her place. The pale mongolian had been observing her surroundings, learning everything she could about this strange, strange land. The tree fascinated her, having never been around the towering plants for a long period of time. However, the stone circle was truely magnificent, and piqued her interest more than anything within the territory she was now supposed to call home. 

Flashes of Red caught her line of sight. Pausing in her continued exploration, she stilled all movement, although there was no where to hide. Her pelt stark in contrast to the rest of her surroundings. She knew this to be true, and yet she avoided making a sound. The mongol waited to see what might happen.
If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.
mongolian (hover text), common
pawprints 
~~ Hunter 4/5 ~~ Mercenary 2/5 ~~
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Lounging from within the tall grass near a tree, Greyback gave a soft sigh. He had been within the pack for a short time now, and had enjoyed everything from the comforting sense of home, to the way the trees bloomed. Never before had he seen a place so breath-taking, and while he was eager to explore it, he also wanted to appreciate it's beauty while reflecting.

It was until he caught a glimpse of red that he drew himself up into a sitting position, the blades of grass tickling his face as he did so. Upon further-looking he noticed that it was a wolf; a wolf was one he had not seen before, and although he was new, the man couldn't remember ever seeing a pelt like that in his lifetime. It was as if she wore the setting sun across her fur.

Smiling, he stood and made his way over; his large paws landing softly on the grass he approached the female. It seemed she was stopping to admire the Stone Circle. He too, was curious about it as well, and had pushed it to the back of his mind till he saw Valette again.

“How strange,”

"How strange indeed," He commented back as he neared her from the side, his large figure obscuring some of the suns rays that shown down. "Good evening miss...?" He paused as he awaited for her name.

46 Posts
Ooc — Fira
One ear turned at the sound of an approaching creature, and Red turned to see… a massive wolf coming towards her. Red was pretty small herself, so this big dude could be, in the right circumstances, fairly intimidating. But she could smell the pack on him, and he was smiling, so she remained relaxed. He approached her close enough to block her face from from the sun, and she grinned up at him. “Thanks, big guy.” He asked for her name. “Red,” she said, not even thinking to give him her “real” name. To her, Red was her name. The name Cardinal had been given at birth as a kind of formality, but even her own parents had not called her that. “What’s your name?”

As of yet, she was not aware of the female standing to the side, watching them.
Cardinal will exit a thread after 10 days of no replies. Feel free to skip her after 10 days, as well.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The arrival of the huge male was interesting. They didn't know each other, yet they were friendly. She assumed that they must be part of the pack then, which gave her ease. Months before should would have simply ignored them and continued on her way. Weeks before she perhaps would have sunk low to the ground and observed them carefully taking in the customs of this new land. Her instinct almost came to fruition until she nearly kicked herself for being so anti-social. 

With a mental push, Kegana forced herself to take a few steps toward them. The mongol almost hesitated, before pushing her nerves away. Taking slightly more confident steps toward the pair, she chuffed at them, dipping her head in greeting.

"Сайн уу?"

Although she had been in the Americas for months now, when nervous she often reverted back into the common mongolian. Realizing her mistake to late, Kegana rolled with the slip and cleared her throat with the shake of her head she corrected herself.

"Hello."
pawprints 
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
A soft chuckle escaped his jaws at the nickname given to him by the canine, now known as Red. Red. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Red." He continued while sparing a glance towards the tree line. His nose twitching in response to a scent wafting over him. Though not wanting to seem impolite, he kept his attention towards the small female next to him.

“What’s your name?”

"Greyback, miss," He replied, his tail swishing behind him. "Forgive me, I hope I have not disturbed you. I merely wanted to greet you, you are you new here, yes?" He hoped his demeanor hadn't scared her, but by the looks of it, she was perfectly fine in that sense. Though, the male couldn't help but be surprised as he noticed how skinny she was. Has she not been eating? The man wondered just how bad off she had been before she joined the pack.

Waiting for her to finish her reply, Greyback would continue to look over her frame, even getting up so he could inspect more before drawing his brows together in a concerned manner. "Have you eaten today?"

"Сайн уу? Hello."

Twitching his ear, Greyback turned his attention to the new voice, snapping him out of his worry for Red. Smiling, he looked her over. Eyeing her lithe body and stance, he wondered if she was from a regal background such as himself. It was clear she was a little shy. "Hello to you as well." He replied, minding his tone incase he spooked her. Turning so he could face her, he took a few paw-steps forward before giving her a proper bow in return. "What is your name?"

46 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Well, this Greyback certainly had good manners, and Red couldn’t help but grin at him as he continued talking. She could tell he was a charmer, even in his old age. “Nah, you haven’t disturbed me one bit. In fact, I mighta gotten bored if you hadn’t come along, big guy.” She winked in a conspiratorial kind of way (serious: not at all flirtatiously, but more like two friends sharing a secret). “And yeah, I’m new and hoping to make the best of it.” She paused as he asked her if she’d eaten. “Uhh, yesterday I took something from the caches, but I guess I could eat. I would prefer to hunt it myself, though, instead of taking from the caches again.”

She had been about to suggest a hunt when the sound of another wolf interrupted her. Red turned to find the voice of the new female, and smiled warmly at her. “Hey there.” Then she waited. Greyback had already asked for the female’s name, so there wasn’t anything for Red to add.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The pale woman continued her advance until she was closer, no need to shout at each other. She offered them a detached and well mannered smile. "I am Kegana." She dipped her head in greeting, she assumed they would return with their own names. 

Taking a moment to dip her head low to the stones, as was her cultural custom when approaching a shrine. She had over heard their previous start of a conversation. The woman was hungry as well, however she would admit so. Her parents had taught her not to show weakness before strangers. For the moment they remained strangers.

"I apologize for being rude, but I overheard your conversation. Perhaps a hunt might be in order?" The princess voiced her opinion, "With Valette pregnant it might be a good idea to maintain the caches." Kegana knew that her own mother and the other pregnant women of the Blue Wolff Clan had been insatiable when they had been carrying pups. Although she didn't know very many within this pack, she would care for them as she would her own family. They were her pack, and that was enough for her to care. 

She looked over at the plains below. Judging by the amount of young prey living within the plains she deemed that it was birthing season. It would be easy enough for the three of them to seperate a young one from their mother. As the thought came to her, she sent a prayer to the Eternal Blue Sky, thanking them for the bounty, and thanking the spirits for the nourishment they might recieve. 

Kegana looked over at the two beside here. It was strange to be around others in such easy company. If they had no desire to hunt she would probably go in search of small prey later. Although she didn't know Valette that well, she felt a certain desire to look after the other female. Kegana knew the woman was their leader, and yet she was used to a culture where ever member of the pack was responsible for the young soon to be born. That included taking care of he expecting mother. No matter what happened she would bring an offering to the dark woman.
pawprints 
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking

Greyback gave himself a moment of laugh at Red's wink before turning his attention to Kegana. He silently watched, impressed by her introduction and apology, even though it wasn't needed. "No need to apologize, Kegana." He replied while shaking his head. "It's a pleasure to meet you. And yes, a hunt sounds wonderful! Those caches are better off being left to those who cannot hunt. Though...three is nowhere near enough to bring down a bison. Maybe we can go find smaller prey. Miss Valette did say there were deer within these lands."

Turning around, he took a few steps over to look over the ride. The wind from the lands swept up, ruffling his fur, and bringing in the scent of buffalo down below. It had been years since he saw such an animal, and the bitter reminder of his scar was evidence not to take such animals lightly. Narrowing his eyes, he craned his neck lower to look over them, his stomach suddenly reminding him that he could eat. "There are no deer."

46 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Red remained silent as Kegana and Greyback spoke to one another, taking in what each wolf was saying. She couldn’t help but grin when Greyback seemed sad that there were no deer to hunt. “Maybe not,” she said, “but there are plenty of smaller creatures around.” With a mischievous grin, she took off in a flash, her coat glistening in the sun, running straight at a rabbit she’d seen nibbling on some grass many feet away. It had stared at them for a while before deciding that they were not a threat and had begun happily munching on its food. Red drew near, but it was too quick and it darted into a hole in the ground before she got close enough to grab it. She slowed to a halt, panting, and then turned to smile over her shoulder. “Dang it!” she said, but in a happy kind of way.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The lack of deer was unfortunate, althought Kegana couldn't help but agree with Cardinal. There were plenty of smaller prey to be had. The princess stood by and watched the other young woman launch into the chase. Until not to long ago Kegana had never had the need to hunt such feeble creatures, they were small and insignificant. However after life as a lone wolf she had honed her skill. She wasn't the best at small game but she could manage.

With her quick jaunt Red had scared the closests creatures off. Lowering her head to the ground, her nose twitched as different scents demanded her attention. She tried to focus on the smaller creatures. There were many rabbits in the area, however Keg would try a softer approach. 

She narrowed her eyes as she took slow, cautious steps toward the creature caught in her cross hairs. She waited as long as she could. The rabbit was throughly engrossed in its meal. She wasn't close enough, however. As she sprung forward, she launched at her prey with grace and agility. It saw her a fraction to early, Kegana trailed it for several feet. She almost had it, when it suddenly ducked to the side and scurried away into the safety of a hidden hole. Just seconds behind Kegana came to stand over the hole, watching with ocean blue eyes, staring into the black hidding spot. She was breathing heavy, and pawed at the ground slightly. 

The pale woman through a dejected look over her shoulder at her two packmates, with a stiff shake of her head. She took a moment to let her muscles relaxe, trying to come down from the high of the chase. She wasn't sure what to do now. They could go in search of deer, it didn't seem that the rabbits were going to be easy targets today.

outcome determined through roll
pawprints 
46 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Was given permission to skip Greback!

Well, it seemed that their hunting aspirations weren’t going to well right now, and Greyback had said there were no deer nearby. “Hmm,” Red said, mostly to herself, as she went back towards the other two. “Well. Summer’s coming up soon, right? I’m sure we’ll have some kind of pack hunt then, or something. Valette will need the meat since she’s pregnant.” 

The conversation ran out of steam then, and Red found her eyes wandering to someplace off in the distance. “Anyways, it was nice to meet you both! Maybe I’ll see you around some time?” With a grin, she turned and trotted away, to explore more of Easthollow’s territory.

Exit Red!
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Kegana nodded agreeing with the woman, there was truth in her statement. There would surely be a pack hunt soon enough, where they could test their skills better. The red woman made to leave and Kegana smiled minimally at the woman, and nodded as a goodbye. "Indeed, I look forward to our next encounter." 

"It was nice to meet you Greyback, I think I'll take my leave as well." Kegana turned her attention the the large male that had been accompanying them all afternoon. "Have a good afternoon." She lent him a small smile aswell, before taking her leave.
pawprints