Blacktail Deer Plateau Family Comes First
37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
As his brother mentioned his dad, the younger pale one lifted his head and made a slight grunting noise. No, dad would never be in this situation. He'd never be exiled, never be pushed out by his own father. His sense of duty and pride of following the rules had taken care of that. A bitter taste settled in his mouth, and he once again took a drink of the clear liquid. As the question was posed to him, he paused. About to open his mouth, Tahani splashed through the water, making him grin.

Watching her shake, he glanced up at his brother, knowing he'd still want an answer. He wasn't going to tell him how many times he had wondered the same thing. Did he love her? After being apart for weeks,  he thought he knew the answer, but only to the second question. Following after his sister, he jumped into the clear water, not caring, even hoping, that the others would get splashed. He grinned cheekily at his brother then pulled himself out and shook enthusiastically. It's ok, Tahani. He's more like Dad every day, don't you think? Turning to him, he tilted his head, the playfulness in his voice turning serious for a moment. I was really fond of her, and if I had stayed, it might have been love, but no...I didn't love her as one should love a mate. Shaking again, his tail wagged slightly. So I guess that kind of answers your first question, too. Come on, brother. We need to find Shiv. She's close. I can feel it.

Bounding ahead, he did feel she was close, her scent, once faint and unsteady, had grown stronger and more noticeable every day. He wanted to put the past behind him, and he hoped he would drop it for now, although his brother's persistence had always been high. Perking his ears forward, he winked at his sister and leaped easily over a fallen tree, disappearing over it, the lightheartededness back in his voice as he threw it over his shoulder, a hint of bitterness as he used the saying their dad used in the mornings when they (mostly him) didn't want to get up before the sun even thought of rising. Come along, my siblings. The day is still young. We might find her today if you don't drag your tails.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance."
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
Messages In This Thread
Family Comes First - by Siarut - May 07, 2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Family Comes First - by Tomkin - May 07, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: Family Comes First - by Siarut - May 08, 2018, 02:17 PM
RE: Family Comes First - by Tahani - May 10, 2018, 06:24 PM
RE: Family Comes First - by Tomkin - May 11, 2018, 06:51 AM
RE: Family Comes First - by Siarut - May 11, 2018, 04:24 PM
RE: Family Comes First - by Tahani - May 13, 2018, 01:23 AM
RE: Family Comes First - by Tomkin - May 19, 2018, 12:17 PM