Stone Circle I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn's excitement increased as she watched kegana successfully bite into the deer's hindquarters. When the deer seemed to kick her packmate in face, Brynn grew worried, but it wasn't necessary as the other wolf appeared to be okay.

Damnit, Brynn thought. Both of their attempts had been unsuccessful and put them in danger of injury. She was not ready to give up yet. And as her partner came to stand beside her, she watched as the fawn ran towards the woods, leaving them to only deal with the mother. To her surprise, the doe didn't follow her baby into the safety of the woods, but rather looked at them and stood her ground.

Brynn saw this as a opportunity and, moving slightly to the side of the deer, lunged for the vulnerable part of her neck. Her boldness proved to not be in her favor as the deer's front hoof connected briefly with her chest. Brynn was able to doge the the brunt of the kick, but was left with another, slightly bigger gash in the middle of her chest. Unfortunately, in order to protect herself from serious injury, she had not been able to connect her teeth with the deer's flesh. She let out an angry snarl. She was starting to get pissed. She kept her distance, though. Circling their stubborn prey hoping to distract the doe again for her packmate. 

Rolls: Attack successful- Even= yes, Odd= no; 1d20= 17 (no)
Deer kicks- Even= yes, Odd= no; 1d10= 4 (yes)
Brynn injured- 5>x= No injury; 6 to 15= Minor injury and can continue hunt; 16 to 20= Major, hunt-ending injury; 1d20= 15 (minor injury. Able to continue hunt)
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I hope you never lose your sense of wonder - by Brynn - May 24, 2018, 04:22 PM