Heron Lake Plateau when we wake up, we remember it was just a paper cut
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover was sure that Niamh thought she was doing her best... at the very least, she had started down that road in trying to integrate with her other family members. Clover did hate ScreechTit; why the hell would he lie to Niamh about his name, anyhow? Did he do one honest thing? 

She preferred the name he had given himself, she thought. It worked well for his scumbag aesthetic, and also, she felt, removed some of his ties from the family he had been born into. That was a choice he had made, too—

It was difficult to think of anything else when she was genuinely worried about him being here. But Clover made the effort. It's really cool that you were okay to like, speak with me about it all, you know? And not defend him the whole time when realizing he really was a dingbat. The truth was a difficult thing to swallow. Clover felt she would do the same thing as Niamh now, if she learned that someone had lied to her throughout their friendship and hid things so significant. Obviously they knew it was bad to do, and yet they had done it. Clover doubted he would ever have faced them any other way but this, and also felt even now his willingness was some sort of play against Towhee in whatever way. Towhee had been there through thick and thin and had defended them all tooth and claw; Clover would be damned if Tit thought to do anything to undermine her or hurt her. 

Well, she thought to herself, he'd be gone before then—

The other's nose to her chin caused her tail to stir, appreciating the gesture, one she was not sure would ever occur even despite Niamh's clear regrets. If she was sorry for one thing, it was for maybe misjudging Niamh, though that she would find out for certain in time. She would put her faith in her for now, though. Some of it. 

Oh, uhm, maybe. I thought about mercenary, too, she admitted to Niamh, pleased to be acknowledged in such a way. I just don't know if I want to always fight, she did not want to admit to Niamh she didn't know a crazy amount about fighting quite yet. I guess I haven't really decided what I want to do yet, she admitted. Tilting her head, she inquired, were you a guardian in your last pack, too?