Swiftcurrent Creek Got Another Whiskey Waitin' on Ya
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
Spring brought the smells of the season as they flooded her senses. It was the time of new beginnings as well as new life. From her understanding, the pack had just received a few more little new additions as well as a few more members. It brought a smile to her face.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It was rare that Durnehviir left her litter, but she grasped the opportunity for freedom when Constantine arrived and offered take over baby-sitting duty. She loved her children, though had gone weeks without some breathing space to herself. While a strong maternal pull kept her fairly close to the whelping den-site, the russet Frostfur was glad for the chance to stretch her legs.

The sun shone bright on Swiftcurrent Creek and the crimson Alphess enjoyed the heat on her back. She spotted a familiar blonde female and veered toward her, announcing her presence with a soft chuffs and cheerful wave of her feathered tail.

Whisper had followed them from Ravensblood and although she'd mostly remained in the background, Durnehviir appreciated her loyalty. When last she saw her, the pale-eyed leader had not yet delivered her young. She moved in to greet the other wolfess with a bump of her forehead against a golden shoulder, before pulling back to look upon her with a warm smile. "Hey," she chirped, "long time no see. You settled in okay?"
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper was pulled out of her thoughts when a familiar she-wolf approached her. She felt the nudge on her shoulder and looked at her with a smile. "Yes, Thank you...Well, sort of." She decided it was best not to lie about how she was feeling.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Whisper welcomed the gesture, shooting the russet Alpha a soft smile to which her own brightened. Her tail waved contently at her hocks, though it stilled and her expression seemed to fade as her dark-furred comrade spoke with some uncertainty.

"What's wrong?"
 Durnehviir asked, her concern genuine. She'd been so busy with her infants that she was out of touch with so many of her subordinates and while she would never apologise for focusing on her babes, there was some regret for her lack of interest in her pack-mates during this time.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
"Let me just start off with saying that i am entirely grateful for your hospitality, i just feel like i don't belong." Which in truth she didn't, despite being social by nature, Whisper hadn't liked crowds. "I feel like I joined a pack at the wrong time. "
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It was difficult for her to decipher how Whisper could offer thanks for the pack's support, only to throw it in their faces in the next breath. Durnehviir felt her emotion flare, a flurry of hurt and frustration that bubbled within her breast, and she held her breath in attempt to maintain her concentration. How was it that, after five months of companionship, her golden subordinate could suddenly decide that pack life was not for her?

She had thought Whisper a friend. For a long time when they called Ravensblood home, their numbers had been so few that Durnehviir had looked to Whisper fondly as her only female comrade, someone she could confide in. She felt used now, staring emptily at the golden-eyed wolfess who intended to leave them now that Winter had withdrew its bitter cold.

"How can you say that?" Durnehviir asked, her words weighted by frustrated sorrow. "You've always belonged."
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Think I just changed my mind about her leaving gawd I hate mysef XD

"I just feel like I have no place here. Eith all the able bodied wolve I feel as though i am only in the way." She couldn't keep up with their growing pack. She didn't want to get anyone mad but it seems that it was too late as she let out a small hushed whimper. "I just need a few days to find myself again." Whisper let out another heavy sigh. "I don't plan on being gone for long just long enough to gather my head." She had to find her spark again. In order to better herself as a pack wolf.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Whisper expressed feeling entirely out of place since their ranks had swollen. Durnehviir tried to understand, but failed to - their pack was stronger than ever, and she saw only the benefits. Their borders were well defended, they were not short of capable fighters and hunters, and they had a new generation to raise. Her life was beautiful and while the pups had kept her from integrating much with the subordinates, she was hopeful that they could all unite as the family she intended them to become.

"You are hardly in the way," she answered at once, though when she considered it, had the golden wolfess even really tried to get to know their new pack-mates? Durnehviir had seen next to nothing of her since their arrival, and she found herself wondering what she'd been up to during this time. "I don't want you to go," Durnehviir admitted, "but if you feel you must, then... who am I to stop you?"

There was a hollowness in her voice, and a certain sadness in her champagne eyes. She respected and appreciated Whisper dearly, and it hurt her that their friendship meant so little to her. If she needed the days to find herself then so be it, but if she failed to return after this time then she doubted the blonde girl would be greeted warmly whenever she did choose to come back.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She didn't want her to go, and that seeled the deal for her as she thought of outlander. "I will be back, I promise." She just needed to be out in the open airfor a bit. That would also mean she would have to part with a friend once more.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir, still feeling deflated by the disappointment that her comrade could not feel at home, looked down with disappointment at her paws as an uncomfortable silence hung over them. Her pale gaze lifted only when Whisper assured her of her return, and a ginger lobe pricked forward with intrigue.

The blonde wolfess seemed torn, and so Durnehviir exhaled softly and nodded her head. "Be safe," was her only request. "I'll see you soon."

A thin, sad smile tugged at her lips as she allowed Whisper to go - hope in her heart that her golden companion would heed her promise.