Otter Creek Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 

Speedy had been traveling for a little bit in search of a new place to call home. She hated leaving her family behind, but knew she needed to make her own way in life. She found herself coming upon a small, flowing creek. The water smelled nice and made her realize how thirsty she was. She trotted to the edge of the water, stopping to take a watchful look around before bending her head down and taking a quick drink. She liked this place. It was quiet and peaceful. In the distance, she could see a couple of otters going about their business in the water. She watched them intently for a minute, but then decided against messing with them. They seemed somewhat intelligent and she really didn't like getting in the water.

Speedy walked towards a shadowy spot made by the large trees in this area. Deciding this was as good of a place as any, she flopped down to rest for a little bit. After minute, her mind started to wonder, which was a common occurance fer her. She was thinking about what her future might hold. She was young, but she knew what she wanted, for the most part. At least, she knew she wanted to be a part of a pack eventually. She needed a purpose in life. What she lacked in age, she made up for in tenacity. When she knew what she wanted, she went for it. 

Man, she missed her mom, though. She was the hardest to leave as they had really formed a strong bond. She supposed it was because they were a lot alike. That's probably why her mom didn't seem surprised when Speedy admitted that she wanted to leave the pack. She shook her head, trying to break the memory. She didn't want to think about sad things right now. She only wanted to think about her future. 

She placed her head on her paws and huffed out a long breath before closing her eyes andfalling into a light sleep.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The brute had made his way back to the creek where he had first met Nanook, he couldn't stop thinking about their encounter and how freeing it had felt. Taking his mind off of his siblings and not having to worry about them, was different for the northerner. He loved his them all dearly, and yet the last few months had been troubling. His shoulder was still healing from his fathers jaws, and he wouldn't feel relaxed until all of them had settled into a pack. He didn't care if they stuck together, as long as he could visit them and make sure they were okay.

Once again the creek roared in his ears, the water lulling into a distant thought. His siblings were still in the hollow. He had returned to them after Nanook. But the next day found himself here. Wondering if there were any new faces to meet. 

It was then that he picked on a new scent.  A female. He wasn't as lost in thought this time around and kept his guard high. His father had taught him well when encountering strangers. He found the woman asleep, which he found strange, he would never fall asleep so alone and out in the open. There were to many possibilities, most of which could harm him. Sleeping out in the open was something he would never, unless accompanied by his most trusted siblings.

Seeing as he wasn't lost in thought, Siarut was very must aware of his speech. He made a mental not to speak in the common tongue. 

"You really sleep out in the open." He spoke with a certain confidence, his skills in combat were unmatched. He was very much aware of the distance between them, wary of the stranger. Although he would dwarf her with his massive size. Being one of the largest wolves in area, an Arctic Wolf. He had never met a wolf so small before, even Nanook had been larger.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy's rest was soon disturbed by an unknown male's question. Immediately, She sat up, looking at him curiously. Why did he care where she slept? Last time she checked, she could do whatever she wanted to. She looked at him for a minute before replying, "I wasn't sleeping...I was resting. I was still listening to my surroundings." It was mostly a lie. She hadn't meant to fall asleep, really. She was just so tired from her travels. She though a rest would help but had ended up falling asleep. She tilted her head a little and added, "Why are you so interested in my sleeping habbits, anyway?" She was genuinally curious about that. Also, she was secretly glad he had not taken advantage of her stupid mistake. As a lone wolf, she had to remember she no longer had a pack to protect her.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut only nodded with the roll of his eyes. He didn't believe her for a second. She had obviously been sleeping. If she hadn't been, she probably would have heard him approaching. Sia wasn't a very stealthy wolf, preferring to rely on his strength, he vary rarely masked the sounds he made when travelling. 

"Right. So you totally didn't hear me approaching." The pale brute added with a sarcastic tone, "I'm only looking out for a fellow traveller. I didn't mean to startle you." He gave her a sly wink, indicating he would keep her secret. His accent would be distinguishable as his first languange was not the common tongue. 

The brute wouldn't offer his name, and would instead start his journey once more. Preteending not to be interested in the woman who had previously been sleeping. The ice bear, as he now liked to be called, would instead turn to the water and wade in. Glad to have the cooling sensation of the water cool him off as night dawned. The stars and the moon were out in full forced and yet her could not get himself cool. Sia hated the south.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
His comment annoyed her a little. He sure was full of himself. She took in his appearence for a minute. He was much larger than she was and could have easily been a problem for her. His scent was interesting and seemed to be from somwhere far away. His coat was the most beautiful white, and his eyes were the most interesting shade of green. Although he seemed somewhat abrasive, she got the feeling that he couldn't be all that bad. He didn't even know her and had woken her from her moment of idiocy. She chose not to reply to his snide remark, feeling like it did not require an answer.

She watched him wade into the water and after a minute, she walked to the water's edge and said, "Wait a second!" She put her two front paws in the water, really not wanting to go in any further. She would, though if it would get his attention. She may small, but she didn't like being dismissed like some pup. "Can I at least have a chance to thank you?"  She asked, not able to keep the irritation from her voice.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Giving a sigh and turning to the girl, he rolled his eyes an action she would probaly see. He waited however. 

"Thank me for what? It's your own fault if your parents didn't teach you how to protect yourself while out in the world alone."

Siarut didn't mean to be rude. His remark was prehaps a little to callous, although he wouldn't take notice. It was unlikely that he would ever so this shewolf again. Yet he took the time to impart his small wisdome on her. 

"Sleeping out in the open is dangerous, I couldn't just leave you to the whim of another. You never know who might come about." Sia remember his sister, and the brutalized wolf they had recently taken in. Blackfeather Woods, he thought of the pack he would soon try to join. He loved his sister, and he hoped to join her, but he couldn't but be nervous. 

Shaking the feeling her returned his olive gaze to the multihued woman before him. "Come on." He taunted her, goading her to join him in the water. It wasn't that cold, not as cold as in the north, but it was cool. At this time of night it would probably be fridgid to anyone that wasn't from the north. Sia hadn't thought that through however, and assumed that any wolf would be hot. Even in the evening. As he walked further out, he would attempt to splash he, a rude gesture he knew, but he didn't care.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
His comment about her parents pissed her off. She stared daggers at him and replied "My parents did teach me that." He face hardened for a minute and she added, "I guess Mr. Perfect never makes any mistakes?" She was obviously referring to him. She wanted to bite him every time he rolled his eyes at her. 

With his next comment she relaxed a little. He was right after all. She was lucky he had not wanted to cause her any harm. She hated to think what may have happened. 

When he invited her into the water, she hesitated for a minute. She didn't like the water. it felt really cold on her paws and her thinner coat would not offer her much in the way of warmth. She didn't want to appear weak, though. So, against her better judgement, she ran a little and jumped into the deeper part of the creek. She hoped she splashed him right in his face. "It's pretty cold," she said as she turned to smile at him playfully. She knew her idea of cold was much different than his as his coat was a lot thicker, making her suspect he came from a much colder place than she had.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"Mr. Perfect?" He laughed at her, accepting the statement. "I'll take that as a compliment." He of course had made mistakes, but he had tried to remain mistake free for the sake of his siblings while they had been in the 'wild'. "I never said I was mistake free." He admited to the woman, even without knowing her, he had revealed a weakness. "I'm just saying," the pale brute gave him a pointed look, "sleeping in the open is a bad idea."

She mentioned it being cold. He wasn't sure what she was talking about. He loved the coolness of the water, as he found the evening to be quite warm. "You find this cold?!" Sia's exclamation would be obvious. "This is nice darlin'." He drawled, as he closed his eyes enjoying the water rushing by him. "I'm Siarut by the way." The northern man didn't expect a name in return, but he offered his free of charge.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy was the one to roll her eyes this time. "If that makes you feel better. It wasn't meant as a compliment, though," She said with one eyeborw raised. "And, yeah, I know sleeping in the open is bad." She wasn't sure if they'd see eachother beyond this, but she had feeling if they did, she would never live that down. 

At his exclamation, she couldn't help but laugh. She briefly watched him enjoying the water and replied, "Yes, I find this cold. I'm from the south where it's warm." At the offering of his name, she returned the sentiment by replying, "I'm Speedy." She looked at him curiously for a minute. She had never heard anyone with his accent before. It alluded to somewhere far from here. Somewhere she had probably never heard of.

She wondered what brought him here but thought it rude to ask as they had only just met. She knew everyone had their secrets and demons. She was mostly glad to have some company at last. Even if he was slightly annoying. She wasn't used to being on her own for so long, and it was starting to wear on her soul. Wanting to keep him there for a little bit, she wondered what she could ask him without seeming too nosey. That was always a hard concept for her. She always just spoke her mind. Sometimes, she forgot that not everyone was that free with their thoughts and feelings. Finally, she gave him a friendly smile and asked, "So, Mr. Perfect, where do you come from? It must be somewhere pretty cold if you think this water feels nice." 
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Speedy was right in the assumption the their continued friendship would mean never living down sleeping out in the open. Sia wasn't one to forget mistakes, and would be sure to bring it up in any further communication they might have.

Sia had never been farther south than he was currently, and couldn't imagine being any warmer. He physically fliched at the idea. 

She gave him a weird look, as though she were trying to figure something out. He laughed at her comment, and shook his head in humor. "I'm from the north, a pack called the Aningan Tundra." Sia was positive she wouldn't know where that was, or even how to properly pronounce Aningan. She was positive that she could pronounce his name however, "I am Siarut." He added. She had offered her name and so he offered his own.

He was glad that she joined him in the water, and was slightly surprised as the water came higher on her than on himself. Considering his size he should have realized. He wouldn't judge the woman for stepping out if she were to cold, but he decided to even more wet. The water was shallow enough for him to sit in, and so that exactly what he did.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
When Siarut told her where he had come from, she realized she was correct in thinking that she wouldn't have heard of it before. She attempted to repeat it back to him and failed miserably. "Sorry," she replied laughing a little, "I probably butchered that." 

Speedy was growing tired of the cold water and of having to swim to stay afloat. Siarut didn't seem to be having any trouble, though, being that he was much taller and had a very warm-looking coat. She envied him his fur at that moment. Not wanting to seem weak, but really wanting to get out, she looked at him and said, "I think I've had enough of the water." She paddled back to shore and stepped back on to the dry ground, water dripping in huge droplets down her legs and chest. Ugh, she hated the feeling of her fur being wet. She immediately began shaking as much water as she could out of her coat. When she had done as best she could, she turned back around, sitting with her tail wrapped around her, almost cat-like. He seemed to really be enjoying himself and she hated to interrupt that, but they couldn't exactly have a conversation this way. 

She looked at him expectantly and said, "Okay, your turn to get out. It's way too cold in there." She shook slightly from the cold with her last statement. She would be much more comfortable once her fur dried and she was warm again.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut could only shrug at her butchering of his home. Although he understood. She wasn't a northerner and couldn't be expected to pronounce the northern language properlly. The brute had no intention of teaching the woman his language and so let it slide.

He watched Speedy exit the water swiftly, a smug smile on his face. He shook his head at her antics and she danced from the cool liquid. With a sigh he too made his way to shore, although at a much more leisurely pace. Dragging his paws, he took the longest amount of time possible to leave the water. 

"So what brings you north then. If you find it so cold, why leave the south?" Sia let his fur drip as he asked his query, before throughly shaking the excess water from his pale pelt. Not realizing that he might spray her as his frame shook.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
"Thanks for that," Speedy said to him sarcastically when he shook water all over her. She stood up and attempted to shake any new water from her coat while scowling at him. "Are you this rude to everyone? Or just me?" She asked not even trying to keep the irritation from her voice.

She sat back down at his question, her face softening a little, and thought to herself for a minute. Why had she come here? She didn't think she had an answer to that. She hadn't really been set on a particular location. She had just wanted to get far away from her pack. There were too many of them, and she often felt smothered and over-protected. There was no doubt she loved her family, but she needed to pave her own path to her future. She felt like a piece of her soul was crying out for freedom, and she could no longer ignore it. That was the only thing she thought about as she made her way north from her pack in the south. "I don't mind the cold that much, I just really don't like swimming. My fur being wet feels gross." She looked down for a minute before adding, "And, I left my pack in the south because I needed to do my own thing. I felt like I needed to make my own way." She wasn't sure if that made any sense to him, and to be honest, she really didn't care. She knew what was right for her, and she would stick by that. 

"What about you?" She asked, "Why did you leave your home?" She wasn't sure he would answer her question, but she really hoped he would. He may not seem to like her very much, but, for some reason, she wanted to get to know him. Everyone needed friends. Even tough guys.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Sia gave a small shrug, not so much as an apology, but acknowledging that perhaps that had been rude. "Don't worry, you"re not that special. I'm this rude to everyone." He only smirked at her, his words weren't meant to hurt, he meant it as a joke. He laughed at the irritation. Now he understood why his brother loved to get under his skin, it could be quite amusing. 

The pale beast was trying to be more conversationable, his serious demeanor was often to prickly. He usually let his brother or sister do the talking. 

His ears did perk forward as he listened, genuinely interested in what the woman had to say. Speedy, what a strange name he thought to himself, momentarily distracted from her tale. At least she wasn't as adverse to the cold as Sia had originally thought. That was a perk in his books, "I prefer to be cold than hot." As if to prove his point he scowled at the stagnant air surrounding them. Even with the sun setting it was still much to warm for a man used to living in the Arctic.

He mentally commended her for her tenacity. Leaving home could be hard, especially on your own. Sia would never know what it felt like to be completely alone. In that moment his heart ached to return to his siblings, and savor the feeling of having them close. 

"My father and I had a miss understanding." Sia left his siblings out of the conversation, he had a feeling this woman was no threat, but old habits die hard. He would always be to overprotective. To emphasise his point he indicated to the still healing claws marks adorning his shoulder. It had been weeks since leaving, but he would carry the shame on his pelt for a long time yet. He left out the part that it was actually his brothers fault, and that he missed home dearly. These were not the conversations you had with a stranger.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She could only laugh and roll her eyes at his cheeky response to her question. She was glad he met her feistiness with his own form of feistiness. 

Speedy was not surprised that he prefered cold weather; he looked like he was made for it. Speedy listened to Siarut tell her about why he left his home. She instantly felt bad for him. When he pointed out his wound, she looked at him with surprise and sadness on her face. "Your father did that to you?" Speedy asked. She hadn't always gotten along with her parents, but she didn't think they would ever physically harm her. She then added, "I'm sorry. That's awful," in an empathetic voice. She didn't know if he would accept her empathy, but she offered it anyway, because that's just who she was.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut could only tisk at the thought of the man he still called father. Anger was quick to come and difficult to leave, but he did his best to squish the emotions. With a long deep breath, Sia nodded. 

"Yes he did." 

He stilled at her apology. He wasn't exactly sure what to do with that. No one had really empathised with him on this topic before. His father had been a blight for all of his siblings, and they had never apologized to each other for their father. Having someone try to empathize with him was.... freeing. 

He took another deep, but shaky breath. "Thank you Speedy. It means a lot." Even though he had only just met the woman, we was pretty sure they could become great friends if they were ever to meet againt. He found himself hoping that they might see more of each other. Over time he might be more inclined to open up to her. She was an interesting soul to be around. He found her naivety, and kindhearted fiestyness a warmth that he had been missing for a long time. He could use a friend like her.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Surprised and happy that Siarut had accepted her compassion, Speedy gave a small wag of her tail and smiled at him. She studied him for a minute before asking, "What about your mom?" She generally wanted to know more about him but wasn't sure how much he information he would offer. Still, she would ask and if he didn't want to answer, that was his perogative. She also hoped her question wouldn't bring up any painful memories for him. She silently wondered if her safe, loving childhood was what lead her to be the open book she was now. She thought that if she had experienced as hard of a life as Siarut appeared to have experienced, maybe she wouldn't be so willing to say what was on her mind or offer details of her life to others she didn't know very well.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"I'd rather not speak of my mother." Siarut loved his mother dearly, but she was weak, unable to follow anything but her heart. So focused on the love she shared with Sia's father she failed to see what was happening to her own pups. He looked away from the woman, focusing on the water as it bubbled past them. 

"She is not a woman worthy of mentioning." Siarut shrugged, "Even you are more worthy." He gave her a brow waggle with a smirk on his lips, trying to break the tension he was sure his statement would cause. 

"And what of your parents? Were they as open as you are?" He was genuinely curious, perhaps he could learn a thing of two about proper parenting.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy's brow furrowed in concern at the other wolf's somber comment. She didn't even think to consider that her question may touch on a topic he didn't wish to discuss. Putting her foot in her mouth, as usual.

She was about to apologize for her intrusive question, but then he lightened the mood by taking a jab at her. Speedy barked out a laugh and asked, "You just couldn't resist, could you?" before giving a playful roll of her eyes. 

He then asked her whether her parents were as open as she was, and Speedy smiled and replied, "They were pretty matter of fact with us. It never came off as harsh, though, unless we needed it. They often and to be stern with me, though. This may come as a huge surprise, but I was a rather stubborn child." She was unable to keep the smirk from her lips with the last statement.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"You?! Stubborn?! I don't believe it." He barked out a hearty laugh from deep within him. It rumbled through his form, vibrating through to the end of his pale pelt. It took the brute many minutes before he calmed down enough. "You are lucky. The north is a much harder place when you are stubborn." His laughter died into a wide grin. 

"And tell me, Speedy, would you raise your children the same way?" It was the only way to know if you had a good childhood. If you would inflict the same fate upon your own pups, it must not have all been bad. "I hope that my pups will one day have a different upbringing than my own." His children would be tough, he knew, but they would grow up loved. At least he hoped they would.

As he waited for a reply, he suddenly thought that perhaps she hadn't thought of what her children might be like or how she might raise them. Siarut was a family man, and thought of his future family every day. Truly a sap at heart.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She laughed with Siarut, glad to hear him laughing. At his next comment, Speedy smiled and replied, "I think most things in life are harder if you're stubborn, but I like to think it made me resilient." Resilience was something Speedy had definitely needed when she set out on her own away from the comfort of her childhood pack.

She grinned thoughtfully at his question about her motherhood plans and answered, "I think so. Pups need candor from their parents. You can't shelter them; that would be doing them a disservice. I feel like that can be done while still letting them know you love them and will be there for them no matter what." She was reminded of her parents with this statement. They always encouraged her to be bold and were always there to help her through her mistakes. She could only hope to be as good of parents as they were.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut listened closely, wondering what it would be like if he had been raised differently. If his life had been more normal. But he dismissed the idea as quick as he thought it. He liked who he was and his parents had been a large part in his development. He may not raise his children the same way, but he hope that they were as strong as himself and his siblings and equally as close. 

"Agreed." Parent's were not meant to be bestfriends with their offspring, they were responsible for proper upbringing. Friendship was for adults. He didn't miss her smile, and was glad to see it. 

"Where are you headed now?" He glanced toward the sky, taking in the time. They had conversed for quite some time, and he would need to return to his siblings soon, lest they miss him.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy thought Siarut would be a good parent. Sometimes, knowing what not to do was just as important as knowing what to do. 

At his next question, she peered into the distance, let out a thoughtful sigh, and answered, "I'm not really sure. I figured I would just follow the water and see where it lead me." She really hadn't put much thought into where to go next. If she followed the water, she would at least have sustenance during her travels. She looked back at her new friend and with a smile, asked, "What about you? Where are you headed now?"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
wrap it up?

He had yet to mention his siblings, and thought it would be better to keep it that way. He wasn't sure if they would ever meet again and so he decided that if they ever did he could tell her then. "I'm joining a pack not far from here, Blackfeather Woods." 

He stood slowly, and started to head back the way he had originally come from. "I should probably go, I'll be missed." The brute looked over his shoulder his green eyes surveying his new friend once more. "If you need me you know where to find me. It was nice speaking with you Speedy." He hoped that they might see each other soon.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Sounds good!

Speedy stretched languorously before standing up. As Siarut began walking away, She wagged her tail and smiled at him and said, "Bye, Siarut. I hope to see you again soon." Her smile turned to a grin, and she added, "Good luck in joining a pack!" With that she watched him leave, not looking forward to being on her own again but knowing he had his own life to live. With a small sigh, She turned toward the water, ready to continue her travels.