Otter Creek i could dig myself out of the loneliest graves for you
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Back dated to 5/9. Tags for visibility.

Eventually, she has to return to the woods. If she weren’t going to, now that she found her family (or they found her, rather) would be perfect. Kove doesn’t know she’s carrying children and currently neither do her siblings. She won’t be able to deny or hide it for long and going back will keep her there. With little attachment, and avoidance of @Kove, she isn’t sure that’s what she wants to do. 

Between the three of them, they can raise the children together. Puppies born with the north in the blood makes it easy for them to stick together. After learning of @Tomkin’s charades, and the care his older siblings have for him, surely they wouldn’t shame her for being pregnant. She’s not under their father’s rule anymore, and neither are they, and so maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. 

It’s been a few days since she left and her desire to return grows less and less the farther they are away, but the expectation of her siblings rest heavy on her shoulders. Each day she swells and her thick, shedding winter coat can’t be used as an excuse for much longer (not that @Siarut or @Tahani has picked it up, or simply hasn’t said anything). 

Shivali drops her head to the creek that leads in the Woods, having gotten a little closer, and drinks until her stomach protests. Lifting her head, water droplets fall from her chin, and she licks away the remnants and glances around for any of her siblings.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
it was so hot. Tahani found herself submerged in water most of the time, as it was most effective to bathe in a stream to cool herself down; even the shade offered little respite. she waded ankle-deep in the shallows of one such stream when she saw Shivali on the other side, a short distance downriver, and paddled over to meet her, stepping out and giving herself a delicate shake.

there were woods nearby, dark and foreboding. she didn't really like the look of them, but Shivali seemed quite comfortable here. with a cant of her head toward the trees, Tahani asked, "is this your home, sister?"

she couldn't imagine any of them living within trees. the tundra had been their domain, vast and open and bitterly cold. their white pelts blended with the snow; here, they were stark against the greens and browns. it made her feel as if she did not belong. did Shivali truly feel as if she belonged here?

she wanted to go home. stupid Tomkin. she felt a momentary flash of something like malice toward her brother, and felt guilty about it almost immediately. still, irritation prickled at her, and it surely showed in her eyes as she looked back toward Shivali.
Common · Inuttut
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Prefering to remain dry Siarut had stayed in the shade, out of the direct heat of the sun. His winter coat couldn't blow out fast enough as he made his way to the waters edge. Dipping his head he tried to regain the fluids he had lost from the constant panting. In the last few day's Sia was sure his tongue had been hanging out of his mouth more than rested within. Although refreshing, the water on gave temporary relief.

The forbooding trees they had made their way too was daunting. Yet he found the idea of living amongst a dense forest would be better than living out in the open. Surely it must be cooler without direct sunlight.

Tahani was the first to ask, Shivali did look comfortable. Although it worried him that it was taking so long for her winter coat to leave. Surely it shouldn't take that long. He scowled at the idea of suffering in the heat as his fur slowly changed to the new climate. He was absolutly clueless when it came to pregnancy, and there was no way that Sia would ever be able to guess Shiv's secret, not in a million years. 

He waited for an answer, butting his head against Tahani's shoulder and proceeding to do the same to Shivali. He wasn't usually very affectionate, but after speaking with the strange girl Speedy, Sia had been more clingy than usual.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Tahani catches her by surprise up ahead and she lifts her head to see her coming down the deeper parts of the creek. She hasn’t spent much time over on this side, or out of the territory for that matter, and she isn’t terribly familiar. Plus, the evils lurk outside—Iliksis knows where she resides and the poor woman they’d taken in, her captor still roams—but she feels confident with her siblings nearby. All strong, all warriors—except for her, the monster saw to that—and so she smiles a bit as she approaches.

Maybe she needs to talk to her sister about everything but just as she’s about to open her mouth, Siarut shows up and takes a drink before greeting both of them affectionately. She doesn’t think anything of it since they’ve been apart for so long but she returns the gesture before settling her rear to the ground.

The heat is bothersome but it seems to bother them more so. She’d come down during the winter and eases into it, but she’s still hot.

”It is not home,” she reminds them with a thump of her tail, tongue out panting when she is not speaking. ”But it is led by a wolf of the north. I don’t know much about our neighbors,” she explains, not wanting to mention the war. The only visible scar is the large one on her front leg where skin had been torn away but as battle born wolves, it’s not uncommon to bear such signs of fighting.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
she nuzzled Sia in turn, smiling, before turning her attention to her sister's answer. the mention of a northern wolf piqued her interest. if a northern wolf had command of this pack, perhaps they shared the same values. maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all, if they chose to stay. even if it was a little dark and spooky.

Tahani shrugged, satisfied for now. even if it wasn't home, it was at least somewhere to sleep. "will we go there soon?" she asked, thinking of the battered woman. she had been on her mind since Shivali had mentioned her the first time, and she was ready to give whatever aid the woman needed. there was also the prospect of meeting another of their kind--a child of the north--as well as other new faces.

she did really like making new friends. the idea made her smile, a small, silent expression on her face while she waited for Shivali to respond.
Common · Inuttut
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
A deep pride pitted itself as Shivali spoke, he knew it was wrong, but he was glad that she hadn't found a home yet. He was afraid that she had moved on without them, their whole journey he had worried that she would not greet them with openess, at worse she might have asked them to leave. He yet this could not have been further from the truth. And this fact, brought him great joy. 

"A northerner?"

He quirked his head at her statement, his gaze flood with excitement. He hadn't really wanted to leave the north, but his sense of duty and loyalty to his siblings was greater than his love for his father. The idea of a northerner leading a pack might make this place easier to handle. 

Siarut assumed that should Shivali want them to come they would go soon, she probably shouldn't stay away for long. Leaving pack territory for a long period of time was never a good idea. Unless you were a scout of course.

Sia sat himself down further from the two women. It was only Shiv's words of a northerner that he was dragged into conversation. He would have been content to simply doze in their combined presence.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
To their questions, Shivali provides answers. They will move toward the Woods shortly but she likes the openness of the creek and the ability to cool off a little. She doesn’t get into the water enough that her fur flattens against her, giving away a round belly beneath thick for, but she does splash around a little to entice good natured fun. Hopefully a pack led by a northerner will make it easier on the lot of them but she knows it’ll be hard nonetheless.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads