Stone Circle I will find you, and I will kill you
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
Hunting! AW!

Steph had started out her day early this morning, mostly roaming the territory to see what was out there. Her nose lowered to the ground as she caught the scent of deer. It was recent, though not recent enough to think they were close by. In the mood to try out her skills, she began tracking the small herd. No blood accompanied the trail, so she didn't assume they were close by.

Her nose told her there were three, maybe four deer, and they seemed to stop and go. With her not stopping, she hoped to come upon them soon. She wasn't moving very fast, and maybe that would allow a pack mate to catch up with her, if they so desired. In the meantime, she would continue to track the herd.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The woman had been trying to settle in, she had mostly been exploring. Her mind hadn't settled enough for possible den sights to come into play, and so she had wandered the territory, and sleeping among bushes and a the base of trees. She was from a very nomadic clan, and wasn't exactly sure how to go about making a den all on her lonesome. The only den's she had ever had experience with were whelping dens. It would take her time to find the perfect spot, but even then she wasn't sure where to begin. 

Trying to distract herself she had been wandering the woods, getting used to being in such close quarters with the large trees. She had come across that deer trail, but wasn't so ambitious as to attemp such a feat on her own. If they were out in the plans she might have attempted, but here in the treecover Kegana was less confident. Until the young woman walked by.

She was hard to spot, her pelt as dark as the night sky. At first Kegana had thought the girl to be Valette. Which sparked her interest and she went to call out to her leader. As she got closer the mongol soon realized her mistake. It was to late though, the woman must have heard her approach. 

She cleared her throat, "May I join you?" She girl had a similar scent to Valette, and so new her not to be a stranger. As the thought of a hunt entered her system, she could feel herself getting ansy. Her tail twitched, and her pupils dialated.
If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.
mongolian (hover text), common
pawprints 
~~ Hunter 4/5 ~~ Mercenary 2/5 ~~
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Noise adjacent to her had Steph paused, her gaze turning to see what it was. She hadn't met the other female before, but she seemed friendly enough as she approached. She seemed to sense that Steph was hunting, and she was glad she hadn't put out very much noise. Steph didn't want the deer to have any warning that she was coming. 

With a smile and a nod of her head, Steph accepted her help in the hunt. Help would be great, she said softly. Steph hadn't planned on taking down a full grown deer by herself. She was hoping there would be a fawn or two to go after. But, with her packmate's help, maybe they could attempt an adult. In the middle of stalking prey wasn't exactly the best time to be making introductions, and Steph hoped the other female did think her rude for not exchanging names. But, she made a mental note to do just that as soon as the hunt was over.

She turned her head back forward facing, and started on the trail again. The scent was getting stronger, which told her they were getting closer. She paused to sniff at some scat left behind by one of the deer. Seemed healthy enough, which would be to the wolves' disadvantage. She continued forward, glancing back to make sure her hunting partner was with her.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The mongol offered a nod before the woman turned back to her trail, Kegana followed behind closely. Tracking the deer wasn't difficult, their scent grew stronger indicating they would be upon them soon. She had encountered quite a few deer in the days she had dwelled within Easthollows, and she found the sport of the hunt most invigorating. Trying to prove her skills had brought great joy to the woman, she found herself working toward a goal for the first time since she realized she could never go home. 

The trail they followed was soon followed by hoof prints in the soft mud. Taking a moment her nose twitched as they got closer. Soon the sounds of their prey became evident, their huffing and puffing, and the playful leaping of the young fawns. Kegana came to walk alongside her packmate. Wondering what strategy she might want to employ.
pawprints 
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She turned forward once more when she confirmed her new hunting partner was following her. Her tail swayed side to side softly, as the midnight girl was unable to keep it still. She was excited about this hunt, and even more so now that there was a better chance they could take something down together.

Rustling in the brush ahead causes Steph to pause in her tracks. One ear swivels towards her currently unnamed partner, hoping she realized their prey was up ahead. Steph lowered her head, hoping the deer didn't know that the pair was here. Slowly, her gaze turned to the other female, and she motioned her forward as she herself stepped forward slowly. Her paws were placed gently, so as to not make a sound. 

In the next few moments, the deer came into view, and Steph paused once more, her eyes going to each of the deer to see if she could spot any weaknesses. They all looked strong, unfortunately for the wolves. And Steph didn't spot any fawns. But, Steph would not allow that to deter her. She glanced to her partner. Was she ready to chase?
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Their prey seemed fit and healthy, which was unfortunate for the two wolves as the made their approach. However Kegana didn't count out their success just yet, they two were young and fit. Only time would tell if they could catch the elusive deer.

Kegana was ready, she gave the unknown woman a small nod to indicate her eagerness. She let the younger woman take the lead, which was a nod of respect from the mongol and her culture. Every hunt needed a leader even such a small event. Kegana waited to for the midnight woman to pick her prey and started their charge.
pawprints 
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
A nod was returned, and Steph slowly returned her gaze to the potential meal. Slowly, the dark female moved forward, being careful not to spook the deer. Everytime one lifted its head, Steph froze until it went back down or turned away from her. It was a slow process, stalking. 

When she felt she was close enough, she pushed off with her back legs and shot off like a rocket towards the small herd of deer. Shocked, they froze for a fraction of a second, but then their own instincts kicked in and they bolted in the opposite direction, away from the wolves. Steph growled, her jaws snapping at the air behind the legs of the doe in front of her. 

The deer were healthy, and obviously knew how to zig and zag through the trees to outrun the wolves. Steph wasn't keen on giving up just yet, though. She jumped several times, her teeth skimming the skin of the rump of the deer. It was enough to break the skin and allow blood to trickle down a little. Steph would fall back just a little after that, hoping the doe would tire soon.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The dark woman got a closer, taking careful steps toward their prey. Kegana followed behind, appraising her technique. It was slow going, but better slow than hungry she thought. The mongol followed a few steps behind and to the right, making sure the remain as quiet as her partner. Watching her paws landing in soft patches, avoiding any brittle branches or crunchy leaves.

As they closer Kegana flicked her gaze between Steph and the deer, wondering when she would start the attack. And just like that, the woman took off. With a quick reaction time, Kegana followed only a step behind. There were a few deer in the forest with them, and they would need pick one to focuse their energy on. With a powerful kick Steph launched herself at the hind quarters of a one of the creatures. The scent of blood hit the air, spurring Keg's hunting spirit. 

The doe was quick, but Keg and Steph stayed on her tail. Following closely behind. Kegana snapped at her heels, in an attempt to trip her. This was the beginning of the chase, and it would probably take some time before the deer tired.
pawprints 
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The other female followed suit, and the animal within Steph came barrelling out. It was an instinct that would never be controlled: to hunt, to kill. The need to feast would never be truly satisfied, only dulled after a good meal. She growled as the doe ran and her hunting partner snapped at her heels. 

Steph drove the doe on until she was beginning to tire. She could see the abdomen of their prey heavy with exertion. The black wolf kept nipping and biting, until she herself tired of the game. Taking the risk, she put full force into the bite at the hock of a back leg and held on. The doe struggled against the trapment, but she was much too tired to do much. Steph hung out, jerking her neck back to keep the deer from moving forward. Her eyes darted around, both looking to see if the doe would try to kick her with another leg, and to see if her hunting partner was going to go for the kill.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Keeping pace with the obsidian woman, Kegana rushed alongside the deer, keeping the unknown woman in her periphery. Using her tail as a stablizer the mongol was able to weave through the woods that had become their hunting ground. Her multihued coat made it harder for their selected deer to keep her in its sights. 

She too was beginning to tire as Steph was able to catch the heel of the running deer. With its strength capped out the poor creature was unable to do much about the jaws of the black lady. With the animal unable to escape Kegana lunged for the creatures neck, reaching up on her back legs to grasp the higher beasts vulnerable jugular. Clasping her jaws tightly, rushing blood filled her maw as she huffed through her nose. Pulling with all her might the mongol princess attempted to bring the larger creature to the forest floor.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!!!
pawprints 
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Kegana went for the throat, and successfully grabbed on. Blood poured from the veins of their prey, and the doe went down. Steph put her weight on top of the creature, in case it had any more fight left in it. After a minute or so, it was obvious the deer would not get up, and life was fading quickly. 

Sides heaving from exertion, Steph would rest a few minutes before calling the pack to feast. Once that was done, she would head to the stream to clean herself off, and go on about her day.