Dragoncrest Cliffs rain in soho
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
no promise sweeter than a blood pact, nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act
no morning colder than the first frost, no friends closer than the one's we've lost

at first, furi's absence had been nothing concerning. she always came and went as she pleased, and although blix never liked it, she trusted the gona to come back to them. but the days slip by and still there is no hint of her ex. her scent fades from the border, old patrol markers gone stale, replaced. 

but she still doesn't quite let herself believe furi is gone for good. maybe it's just ... a longer scouting trip, like that time they went down the coast (only with all the packs on the coast now, that's a little harder to do). or maybe she just hates blixen and her mom so much she can't stand to be around either of them so she's taking a break, but she'll definitely, definitely come back.

she should... she should talk to nomi about it. it's not good even if she's definitely coming back. but telling nomi would be... committing to the idea that furi is gone, and even though she knows she should -- she wants to, even -- she can't bring herself to do it. so instead she doubles back on her patrol, just in case, just in case.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Since the birth of the puppies, Thuringwethil has been a little disconnected from the rest of the pack. Most of her duties have been put off if possible but thankfully there is little for them to do. The sound wolves seem to have little interest in them anymore and she’s set aside for the time being the need to go after them. With Portia’s pregnancy right after Wildfire’s puppies, she isn’t going to put Drageda’s future in jeopardy if she doesn’t have to.

As she locks on to Blixen’s scent, she follows along until she comes face to face with her daughter. She blinks a few times but doesn’t change her stride until she’s close enough and turns so that she can walk side by side with her.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

as if nomi can hear her thinking, she appears in front of her, falling into step alongise her. blixen dips her head in greeting but stays quiet for a few minutes, still fighting with herself whether or not to bring it up. a different sort of person would have eased into it, maybe started with a hey nomi, how're you, how're the babies.

blixen says, "furi is gone," and swallows, not looking at nomi's face. instead she looks at the border, as if furi will follow nomi's suit and appear with her thoughts. of course she doesn't, and after a beat, the redhead sighs and concedes defeat. "i think for good."
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It’s quiet for only a few minutes, stepping in line and making it along the borders. And, knowing her daughter, it isn’t quiet for long. When she makes the comment, Thuringwethil nodded her head once but doesn’t say anything right away, uncertain how she should approach. A moment of silence passes and Blixen adds on the finality of the situation.

Fiya,” she says softly. There had been a time, more than once, she thought she was going to lose wildfire and she never had been able to sort out how she felt. It isn’t easy and she likely won’t have advice for the girl. “Do you want to talk about it?”
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

for some reason she's a little surprised by nomi's reaction -- for sure she'd thought there'd be some sort of anger or disappointment at the gona abandoning them (not even touching abandoning her). she kind of wishes there had been. relabeling furi through conversation as just another deserter would have been easier than trying to talk about her feelings. 

"i snapped at mother," she admits. mother probably already told nomi about it, she knows, but she hasn't been up to apologising or talking about it yet. sometimes it feels a little easier to talk to nomi about things, though -- maybe because blixen feels more like her emotionally, a little stunted. "i don't think she liked furi very much, and furi was like, scared of her or something. i dunno." she huffs a sigh, swiping at her face with a paw. "i didn't think she'd completely leave. but maybe she really wasn't very happy here." like rose, she thinks, a little unfairly. but rose is still here and furi isn't, and she's gotta swallow that.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil frowns when Blixen admits to snapping at Wildfire but not for that reason. Their daughter is hurting and doesn’t know how to go through it—she isn’t the one to come to, as Wildfire is her one and only—and so she moves so they’re shoulders gently bump.

“Your mother is kind of scary,” she says in jest, looking back ahead. She hadn’t talked with her mate much about their first litter’s personal lives. It’s been a roller coaster from the start and things hadn’t properly smoothed before trying again. But they can’t make fate work in their favor. “Are you sure she left?” she offers, a little more sullen. The last mistake she wants to make is someone in trouble and they don’t search for them: she has a lifetime to repay for Rose’s abduction but the other girl has stuck around thus far. ”We could look for her. Or if you think she’s natrona...” she adds, leaving the decision in her control.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

nomi's unexpected statement earns a huffed laugh. she remembers the way mother had looked at furi -- yeah, she kinda agrees. but still. you dont just dump someone for having a scary mom. or leave. maybe, she thinks (she hopes), furi just doesn't know the implications of leaving. she was -- she's not ... hell, she's an outsider, even if blix always tried to not think of her that way. 

she runs her tongue along her lips, suddenly unsure. "i..haven't smelled her in the territory or by the borders," the shilkru says, frowning. that furi might have been kidnapped like rose hasn't occured to her, and even now she fidgets, not thinking of it. "she likes to.. scout nearby, sometimes, but she's never been gone this long." natrona, she thinks, frowning. an ugly word. an ugly mark to bear. it's almost too finalizing, so she says, "but maybe i should look for her just to be safe. i won't go far," she adds, looking to nomi expectantly for permission. at least that way she can't say she didn't try.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It would be easy to make the decision for Blixen and label the girl for what she really is: a traitor. Any wolf that leaves the borders without returning, without explanation, gains a new title. Any chance of return is often met with hostility as Blixen has seen firsthand. If she sees the other girl approach Drageda, what position does that leave her in? Following law and chasing her away, attacking if deemed necessary, or saving face with her daughter?

Blixen decides not yet and Heda nods once, understanding. “You should take someone with you,” is all she has to say on the matter. Sitting in shilkru, she knows the importance of second set of paws. “I will keep a look out here on the borders while you’re gone,” she adds. She’ll send word to the other wolves to keep a look out and in the meantime will remain peaceful, knowing no matter the outcome of their search, Blixen’s heartbreak is imminent.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

she opens her mouth to protest -- take who with her? -- but decides against it. she doesn't really need someone looking out for her (in her opinion), but she doesn't want to get into it with nomi over something relatively small potatoes. at least she's learning to pick her battles these days. besides, she can probably force artaax to come with her...

"sha," blix says, and adds, "mochof." she knows nomi is doing her a favor, letting her do this, and she bumps nomi with her shoulder gratefully. "got anything else for me?" the shilkru asks with a slightly tense smile, curious if nomi  has any news about their enemies next door for her to be aware of.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Blixen agrees and Thuringwethil offers a lift of a single brow, accepting the bump with a slight return. She considers what else she may want of the situation but anything obvious is a given, bring back whatever information she finds. So, after a moment of thought, she shakes her head. She returns another bump and falls in line along the border in silence, leaving the floor open if the other has anything else to add but perfectly content to finish the patrol quietly.
Trigedasleng · Common