Dawnlark Plains To have you in my embrace again
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
@Aviana !! (@Delight Seb can be removed from the ranks <3

Sebastian had left Tindómë. He had expressed his gratitude to Delight and would make sure that if the male and his pack needed his help he would come to their aid. Sebastian had now traveled for a day. His limp was there but he could use his leg better. Sebastian was relieved when he found Morningside. The large male started to walk faster towards the border he was smelling.

The grey male stopped by the border and howled to his sister. It was hard to not run over the border and go to look for her. He was rather impatient and pacing a bit. He couldn't help it. He had been looking for her for so long and now he had found her. He could ignore the pain in his shoulder. Sebastian let out another howl, that was how impatient he was to see his sister.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana had been snoozing when the call came, and for a moment, she didn't think it was real. She thought she had wanted to hear it so bad that her mind had conjured Seb's howl. She roused from her slumber, yawning away her sleepiness. She stretched her body against the wall of her den, not in any hurry since she hadn't believe her brother's call to be real.

But, then, she heard it again. Her head jolted up and her ears perked. She had most certainly not imagined that. She was up and out of the den like something was chasing her. She couldn't believe her luck! She had realized now that she was pregnant, and now her brother had returned! 

She ran to the borders with as much energy as her body could muster. He came into sight and Aviana let out some excited barks to greet him. She wanted to plow into him, but realized that might not be a good idea in her condition. If one looked closely enough, they might see her abdomen taking on a more rounded shape. Though, some might assume she could have just eaten. 

So, instead, she greeted him with whines of happiness, and kisses raining down his cheek and neck. Sebastian! she exclaimed. I've been so worried about you! I thought you were dead! She hoped this didn't turn out to be a dream. Where have you been?
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian didn't have to wait long before he noticed something charging towards him. The male was excited as well, but wary too. He wasn't in the best shape and for a moment he thought that this pack might have an attack on him. He recognized his sister faster and woofed excitedly. He stayed standing, trying to move not too excitedly. The gash on his shoulder was still deep, luckily not infected anymore. The male wiggled his docked tail eagerly. How much he had changed. He gave her licks back in response. He didn't notice anything different about his sister other than that she looked so extremely happy and glowing.

"I'm sorry," he spoke. 'I couldn't travel so fast with my shoulder plus, you shouldn't have moved locations! I had a lot of trouble finding you," he pointed out. Sebastian sat down. "It is a long story," he admitted. "And a sad one but also one with reunions, I guess,"he spoke. "I am mostly saddened by my tail, and well my shoulder is just a pain," he sighed. He battered his blue eyes at Aviana. "But most of all, I left the Caldera. I am free to go where I am. Though I hoped that there would be a place for me here, with you," he asked. He needed a pack otherwise he wouldn't survive.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It took her a few moments to realize that he was really here, and that this wasn't a dream. When she did, she took a step back to take him, and all his wounds, in. She frowned as he spoke, her mind racing with images if how he received his scars and docked tail. But, he was alive, and that was what matter.

She gave him a rueful look. I couldn't very well order my Alpha not to move, she responded to him. I went to Redhawk as soon as I learned that the war was over, but there was no one there, she added. She must have just missed him. She smiled when he spoke of joining the pack. I've told @Grayday of you, and your loyalty. I'm sure he will like you, she assured. She tipped her head back and howled for her leader, hoping he would accept her brother. While they waited for him to come, she spoke of Pema. We have an excellent healer here, her name is Pema. Maybe she can help with your shoulder. 
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian chuckled at that. She couldn't really have told her alpha not to move. "It seemed we have missed each other then. Unfortunate. I split from the Caldera when they wanted to move. I needed to keep my promise to you," he spoke with a nod. He nuzzled her cheek for a moment. A brotherly affection.

"I hoped you did. I will need a pack. I am not able to hunt that well," he admitted. "My shoulder is doing better. Far better than before." Sebastian smiled softly when he heard about the healer in their pack. "You might not know this but I am a healer myself as well, though it would always be good to have another mind to exchange knowledge," Sebastian spoke.

"I'm sorry I was away for so long. But I found you now. Tell me about you," he spoke. As they would need to wait for the leader. "What did you do in these last few months. You look better. Less afraid," Sebastian smile.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
[Sorry for the wait guys. I know Day was tagged but under the circumstances, I hope Pema is alright for you guys.]

She took notice of the howl for Aviana that day as Pema tended to the herbs in her den. She wondered who it might be but didn't think her presence needed as it was a call for Aviana, not any of the leaders. Almost no time later another how sounded for Aviana's presence. She thought this weird but suspected that it much have been because it was urgent. She finished up the section of herbs she was working with and began to walk to the border so she might find out why Aviana's presence was so desperately needed. When she hard Aviana howl for Day, Pema picked up speed and made her way to the border.

When she arrived she saw Aviana and an unfamiliar male by her side. He was battered with an injury on his shoulder and other little things here and there. But Aviana hadn't called for her, the packs medic, she had called for Day. So she must have something diplomatic to discuss. "Hello there. My name is Pema. I am one of the leaders of this pack. I'm sorry if Grayday is a bit preoccupied. Is there something we can help you with?" she said to the male but she also looked to Aviana to hopefully help her understand who this male was. Perhaps this was the soon to be father of Aviana's litter.

[[i]Let me know if Pema shouldn't know that Aviana is pregnant. I can edit]
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All is good!

She was upset that it seemed they just missed each other. It seemed like so much time wasted. But, Aviana wasn't one to dwell when he was here now and she could take care of him. Her face broke into a smile when he mentioned his promised. Of course she knew he would keep it. Just ask he kept his promise to the Caldera to fight for them through the war; he would keep his promise to come to her when it was over. I knew you would, she said softly. She had just been worried that the war had taken his ability to keep his promise. Thankfully, she had been wrong. 

She wanted to ask more questions about how he acquired his wounds, but she was surprised to hear he was a healer himself. I must have forgotten, she mused aloud. How did she miss that about him? He asked about her life the past few months and she instantly thought about her pregnancy. It was the first thing she wanted to talk about. Her tail began to wag, and she could not hold back the elation that shown on her face, I'm pregnant, she told Seb. Well, she wasn't one hundred percent sure, since she had never been before, but she had the classic signs. 

Before she could go on, Pema showed. Aviana was expecting Grayday, but wasn't disappointed that the fellow leader of Morningside showed up instead. Her stance changed unconsciously to show respect to the Alpha, her tail wagging by her hocks. She smiled as she introduced the pair. Pema, this is my brother, Sebastian. We were hoping Morningside would have a place for him, she added. Grayday knew when I joined that Seb was off fighting a war with Redhawk Caldera and that the plan was for me to join him when they were finished, but circumstances have changed and we'd like to stay instead, she explained, her glance going from Seb to Pema.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled proudly at Aviana. Of course he would keep his promise! Sebastian had so much to tell her. Nathaniel was here, and Burke died. Not that she cared much for their father but Nathaniel was a big deal. He should also tell Aviana about his loss. She knew Andalusia as well. He was pretty sure he heard her howl. Perhaps, he should also tell her about the hallucinations and his limp. Perhaps the latter she had already seen. However, that thought process stopped when Aviana announced that she was pregnant. WHAT!? "WHAT?!," Sebastian let out in shock just as someone from leadership arrived.

Sebastian flattened his ears submissively as she came closer. He then looked at his sister again in surprise. Pregnant? Aviana? His timid sister? Sebastian's mouth had opened a bit again before he needed to focus on the female that arrived. She was named Pema. Luckily Avi responded to the female for him so he could calm down mentally. He just nodded. "Yes, Aviana and Catori came to see me at Caldera just before the war. I do have a limp because of the war," he admitted and pointed his muzzle to the gash on his shoulder. It was healing but slowly, as the gash was extremely deep. It would become a rather ugly scar but he was only a wolf. Sebastian was just glad he survived the infection.

"I hope to find a home here as I left the Caldera to keep my promise to my sister. I am a medic so I can help the pack with offering those services," he tried to promote himself. He didn't know Pema was a medic as well. "And... with the recent news of Aviana being pregnant. I hope I can join your pack to be there for her and my future nieces or nephews. I am working to become a Fisher as well. Which might work with my healing shoulder. So I can provide for the pack and youngsters," he stated. He glanced at Aviana while saying that. He wanted her to know that he was happy for her. But he had so many questions like, who was the father?!
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Aviana was the first to speak and introduced the male as Sebastian, and as her brother. Pema was hoping that he might be the father of her litter. Clearing up the uncertainties that may go along with a lone parent litter. But learning that he was Aviana's brother was still a glad surprise. He was hoping to join the pack. Apparently, Aviana had planned to leave Morningside when her brother arrived but luckily she was planning on staying. Pema was happy about that. She would have to see Aviana go, not knowing where she would be and how well off her litter would be.

Aviana did a good job of introducing her brother, but once Sebastian got a turn to speak, he expressed his value. A medic with a desire for midwife work and fishing. His injury would hinder him from hunting the usual prey of the plains like deer and elk, but his offering to help with the pack's food supply by fishing was very reassuring. "Our pack already has a head medic, which would be myself. But I would greatly appreciate another with my skill set in medicines, especially since like your sister I am expecting a litter of my own soon. I personally haven't had a chance to practice my skills in the Midwife field yet. Would you have prior experience in that area that may be able to help Aviana and I when we near our due dates?"  she asked wondering how much he would be able to help with the pups, and hoping to learn a bit from him in the process.

"I admire someone willing to offer their help, even if they may not be fully on their feet." she said referring to his shoulder and his abundance of ambition. "It would be nice to have some fish and variety fill out caches... Sebastian I would love to welcome you to the pack."  she announced officially allowing him a place within their ranks. 

But now it was time for a quick logistics lesson.  "Since you are new, for the time being, I would like you to stick close to Aviana while you are getting acquainted with the other members. We like our members to get to know each other when they first arrive. Oh. And try to stay clear of the rendezvous site for a while. We have young pups and protective mothers there who may be wary of newcomers." she explained.

"You have already won the favor of Aviana and myself, so it shouldn't take you to long to win the favor of a few other pack members to make your place in the pack permanent." she said with a smile happy to have some new fresh, capable blood within the pack.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana knew her brother was going to be shocked, and she grinned when he let it out. But, before that part of their conversation could continue, Pema arrived. Aviana quieted once her side was told, and let the other two converse. Her tail wagged as it seemed to be going in his favor, and she smiled as her gaze traveled back and forth between the pair. 

When Pema gave her final word, Aviana beamed with excitement. She could not have been happier that she got the best of both of her worlds: to stay in Morningside and to have her brother with her. Sure, it may have been a bit selfish of her, but she didn't think Seb would join if he didn't really want to. Besides, she had no doubt he would come to love it just as much as she did. That was her opinion, anyways. 

You'll love it! I'll show you around! You can stay in my den with me until you heal and then we can find a spot you like to make one for you. I can't wait for you to meet Grayday. You were so right when you pointed me in this direction, Seb. Oh, and you'll love the rest of the pack, too! Sunny and Dawn are siblings, and though they fight like siblings, they are awesome. Aviana was so excited, she simply could not stop talking and the words tumbled out of her mouth. She moved next to her brother as she talked, motioning him to walk on so that they could explore. I didn't like the plains at first, because, well, you know me, I liked to hide. But, I really do like them now, and I hope you do, too. She glanced to Pema to see if she was to going to come along with the pair. You coming, Pema? she asked.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was glad that he was approved. He dipped his head in thank you to Pema. He was very grateful for the chance. He thought it would be wonderful to learn more about being a medic from Pema. She seemed very accomplished. However, her assuming that he was good with the whole giving birth made Sebastian a bit nervous. He had only seen the birth of his former wife but perhaps with his medical skills, he could be of more help to these females. "I will stick close to Aviana," he promised to her. "I will be making sure to help out the pack where needed," he added.

Then his sister started to be extremely excited. Sebastian's docked tail wagged excitedly as well. He let her chat about all the things they should do and what he would probably like. Sebastian just smiled. He was glad that his sister felt so at home here. He wanted to ask about the father of her litter but decided against it when the endless list of excitable things didn't contain. 'You must meet my mate'. Her fur also indicated no special someone. Sebastian just hoped that this litter wasn't conceived in fear. It didn't look like that though. "You will just have to show me all," he grinned.

- end -