Dawnlark Plains Where has the time gone
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Her brother was nowhere to be found and neither was her niece and nephew and Sybella began to feel an ache set into her heart as she took a rest underneath a tree nearby. No matter how hard she tried, her mind raced back to where they might have gone and where they left to. Never had she felt so alone and lost at the same time.
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
vaguey vague about Pema preggo since he doesn't know IC yet but she should be showing soon?? IDK ignore my rambling LOL

It was a happy time--let's put it that way. And while happiness brought with it its separate set of worries and nerves, joy was a much better alternative to sorrow. Shale felt many pounds lighter, and there was a spring in his step as he walked through the territory that day.

But for all his sunshine, Shale, ever the empath, was cognizant of the fact that rain clouds could still hang over others. He was keenly aware, then, of the woman sitting under the tree, looking quite downtrodden. Sybella, he thought her name was--one of the Streiters, most of whom had left, seeking new adventures. He felt for her; it was not easy to be alone, without family in a strange land.

With a small sound to alert her he was on his way, he padded over, settling down next to her. "Hey, there," he said, smiling. "How's it going?" It didn't take a genius to figure out things were not going well for her, but he figured he'd let her make the first move, rather than pry the sadness from her with leading questions.
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
Her family had departed and Sybella found herself lost and feeling without purpose but, rather than say that she simply nodded her head. "I've had better days. Just tired is all." She was, she knew not why she just felt it
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He raised his brow, figuring there must be much more going on than simply just "being tired." No, he told himself, no prying. There wasn't much that separated this woman from a stranger in his eyes, save that she and him were bonded by Morningside. And in order to get to know her better, he musn't push boundaries so soon.

"I know that feeling," he said ruefully, shaking his head. He gave her a soft, inquisitive stare. "Want me to leave you alone?" It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to leave her be. Yet there was a part of him that pulled him back, told him that she desperately needed a friend to sort her through whatever mess she was going through.

Shale, always the empath, was suckered in yet again.