Stone Circle Counting the days.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Valette knew she was getting close to giving birth. She was tried most of the time and her belly was just getting in the way now. It was rather annoying. However, the moment she would feel annoyed she would think of how cute pups were and would feel instantly better. Valette was resting on her side in front of the alpha den. She was stretched out and soaking up all the sun she could get. However what might be strange about the sight was that her belly seemed to be moving. Her newborns were getting rather active and often kicked so much that one could see her belly moving under her thinning fur.

Valette let out a long sigh. She tried to think of how cute and adorable her babies were going to be, and that she would meet them soon. She hoped that they would come swiftly and that the birth wouldn't be as tough, but she would never be able to know until in that moment. Often she fantasized how they would look. She hoped they would be as handsome and pretty as Stark. The mother expected mostly dark colored children as both Stark and she were dark in coloring.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Walking through the undergrowth and into Stone Circle, Greyback paused, his gaze sweeping over the area and taking in the bodies of wolves around. He was quick to notice Valette laying down, seeming mildly uncomfortable in the sun. Twitching an ear to her drawn-out sigh, he made his way over, curious about what was bothering her.

Upon lowering himself beside her to sit, he attempted to strike up a conversation. "Good evening, Mrs Valette, is there anything I can do for you?" He couldn't help but glance at her rounded stomach. It reminded him of  Venicy's pregnancy many years ago. Humming to himself, he wondered if Valette's would be anything like hers. "I might not have been pregnant myself, but I was there to witness the struggles of my mates," He chuckled.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had her eyes closed but she wasn't really asleep. She was just resting and listening to the world around her. When she heard someone approach her ear twitched, followed by lifting her head and glancing in the direction of the sounds. It was Greyback. Valette laid her head down again and stretched herself lazily while being on her side. The female then tried to sit up, it took her a moment before she was in a sitting position. "That is a very kind offer but I am good," Valette assured him. Valette was basically always hungry these days so she learned to ignore it.

Valette's ears twitched forward. "Mates?," she questioned curiously. "Can you tell me about them?,' Valette asked, sounding interested. She realized she didn't know much about Greyback's backstory. "Unless it is a story that makes you sad?," Valette offered. She wouldn't want Greyback to feel forced to tell it to her.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
So very sorry for the late reply! Ive been so busy lately D ' :

Keeping amber eyes trained on her, Greyback sat in silence as he watched the soon to be queen roll onto her side. He was about ready to jump and help her when he noticed a tiny struggle to sit, but stayed still as she was able to on her own.

"Mates? Can you tell me about them? ..Unless it is a story that makes you sad?"

"Mate," he corrected softly. While twitching his ear to her voice that followed with his own hum. He adjusted his weight to his left. Pain settling in his heart at the subject, its pangs pushing the beating organ through his lungs where it caught in his throat. It bobbed, tightening his airway and threatening to suffocate him. It had been years since one asked about the details of his mate, and every time he shot it down with profuse denial. He thought about doing the same to Valette, but out of everyone; perhaps she would be able to sympathize the most. Greyback wasn't too oblivious to notice whispers about her past mate, and never failed to catch onto the cloud that hovered over her when he was mentioned.

"Mate, a single one," he repeated. Tearing his gaze away to focus ahead. "The story that pains me greatly, Mrs. Valette, I cannot lie. Though, you deserve to know after so kindly giving me room within your pack." He looked down to her, his eyes glossy. He cleared his throat with a rough sound. "She was...like, not anything id seen before," He breathed. "Alluring, strong. She could make the strongest of those kneel before her,"

"I left my pack to peruse her since we weren't within an alliance. She left hers too, despite being the next in line for the crown. Her reasoning, in her own words if I recall was...'even the stream must break to find its own path.' Her path was me, I suppose. I was hers as much as she was mine. Everything," Greyback paused, breathing sharply, taking in a few breaths to steady his overzealous heart. "Everything was wonderful that first year... Until a sickness came and took her, she gifted me with two wonderful daughters though."

Closing his eyes, Greyback lifted his head, remembering the two bundles of fur presented before her passing. He wondered how they were now, how big they must be. "I couldn't be a father for them. They were so very young, they needed a mother, and I was too preoccupied with her passing to take another mate. So, I took them to her birth pack, presenting them as her last gift to the world. They agreed to take them in. However, I was not of bloodline. I had no place among them." Lowering his head, he attempted to meet Valette's gaze. "Her name was Venicy."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head. She might have misunderstood then. Greyback only seemed to have one mate. She was eager to listen to his story but only when he explained she realized that this might not be a nice story for him to tell. "Oh but you don't---" She wanted to object but Greyback started to tell her the story anyhow. Valette listened intently and nodded at the right moments to let him know that she was still listening.

How awful that he lost her but that was not all. He also lost his daughter as well. Somehow it pained her to hear that he left them to grow up with another pack. That shouldn't be right. But if they were so young that they still needed milk, then Greyback couldn't do anything but to find a lactating female. And a pack, it did mean safety. "Oh greyback," she spoke softly. "How horrible. I know how it is to lose a mate and I wouldn't wish it to my worst enemy," she stated.

"Have you ever seen your daughters after you left them at that pack?" Valette wondered curiously. She found it very strange that he was not allowed in the pack. She disapproved of it. "Did I tell you about Stone Circle and how we remember our past loved ones there?," she then curiously asked. His mate might not be buried there but it might help him. He still seemed to be quite upset about her passing, who wouldn't?
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Furrowing his brows and taking a deep inhale, Greyback willed his emotions down. His once guilt painted face returned to neutral before he cast a glance at Valette. He wondered if his story had upset her, losing his young so early. She was due to have her soon, he had hoped his words didnt cause her trouble. Yet her soft tone and words soothed the sadness and uncertainty that ebbed off of him.  He was glad a wolf like her was in charge of the pack and so open to her members.

"Have you ever seen your daughters after you left them at that pack?"

"Im afraid not." He sighed, shaking his head. He gave his daughters thought for brief moment, wondering how they grew into their paws and if they even knew the truth about their birth. He hoped they were well. Sycamore and Argourney were good parents, he had had no doubt about their parenting to his young. 

"Did I tell you about Stone Circle and how we remember our past loved ones there?"

Greyback hummed, tilting his head a bit. "I believe..you said your dead was buried there, correct?" Valette was probably going to suggest that he had a look around there. While it was beautiful, and something sacred to the packs very tradition, Greyback was hesitant to be step foot there. Would going there upset their loved ones? He had very little knowledge of the place. "Do you mind telling me more about it?" He questioned, his ears perking a bit to give her full attention.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked very compassionate when the other told her that he hadn't seen his children since. As a mother, that hurt her but he could understand why he hadn't looked for them. "Would you ever go back? Wouldn't you want to get to know them?," she asked. Perhaps a painful question for Greyback. She was mostly curious what his stance was on that. Perhaps he accepted his decision and had peace with not seeing them again.

"Exactly," she confirmed to the other. "All our loved ones are buried there. It is also where we hold our meetings. The idea behind it is that our loved ones are watching over us while we make our decisions." Valette smiled softly. "If you have something of your mate to bury, or want to remember her, feel free to go there. Perhaps it helps to deal with the loss. I know it worked for me," she admitted and then offered a smile.