Swiftcurrent Creek Men suffer more from imagining too little than too much.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private 
For @Chusi

Despite her longing to return to Swiftcurrent Creek, it still didn't entirely feel like home to her. She was possessive of it, of course, and had it not been for her crippling exhaustion in the approach to her final weeks of pregnancy, Durnehviir would've defended it without hesitation. Instead, she left that responsibility of ousting trespassers and maintaining the borders to her faithful comrades while she busied herself preparing her densite for the fast-approaching arrival of her offspring. She would settle best when she could mark it on her own, she knew, and fully fit herself into the role of Alphess.

Her belly was enormous, and although she'd of course noticed that another female had been stinking the the place up with the all-to-familiar scent of her heat, she hadn't the energy to concern herself with it. She trusted her own mate enough to avoid pursuing the aroma that likely enticed him, and had hoped her female subordinates would keep their fertile pack-mate in line. Unbeknownst to Durnehviir, her naivety would soon be revealed in the form of a certain young wolfess' own swelling abdomen, and it would be too late to do anything about preventing another litter in Swiftcurrent.

She didn't know how long it would be until her time came to whelp, but hoped the days would pass by quickly. In the meantime, she was content to bask in the clearing beyond the mouth of her own birthing hollow, sprawled on her side like a beached whale in the midday Spring sunshine.
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
@Koji as he is welcome in all of her threads - can just be for visibility too or a quick cameo. Also assuming Chusi was told Durnehviir's name - if not, feel free to say so and I'll change it :)

Honestly, Chusi was exhausted. She had not kept track of how many days she had spent in both lust and fear with Koji, but it had to be at least a week or so. She felt soar and tired and honestly just wanted to lie down so Koji wouldn't flip out because he couldn't protect her. Whatever sickness had grasped her, it was over now, and she couldn't be more happier. Of course, she still had trouble with understanding just what exactly she had done (Ingram had called it "fucking" when they had been younger and dumber, but that word sounded rather inappropriate so perhaps she would just go with "mating") and had no idea she was pregnant. She had never been taught about it properly after all. And if she had, then she had forgotten most about it.

She sneaked away to explore, as usual, stumbling upon the fiery, bloated maiden who had come to greet them a week or so prior to this whole mess. As the social butterfly Chusi was, she decided to join the relaxing female, letting out a small "woof" in greeting. Hiya Durnehviir. She smiled. She looked to a free spot next to her and tipped her head a little to the side. May I?
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
49 Posts
Ooc —
cameo!

With Chusi’s heat having faded away, Koji was left with a high that lasted maybe five seconds before it morphed into a major migraine. His head now clear and no longer um, under the influence as he liked to call it, was jumbled with all the stupid shit he had pulled over the last few days. So yeah, him and Chusi had done the nasty like he always thought they would, only it happened during her heat and that of course raised a whole new list of concerns. Although his main priority for the moment was making sure that his inky ugh, friend or whatever she was to him, was ok. He didn’t want what had happened between them to change their friendship, but he knew it was naive of him to think that they could just go back to their daily routines and pretend like nothing happened.

So after getting some much needed rest, Koji set off in search of Chusi only to find her in the company of that lady with the really unnecessarily complicated name. He instantly stopped in his tracks and spun on his heels, hoping to get out of their line of sight before they spotted him. He still planned to stick around just in case things took a nasty turn, because if he was in Durnehviir’s position he certainly wouldn’t be pleased, but for the most part he intended to hang in the background out of sight and out of mind. 
rating: 3-3-3
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Trust was something that Durnehviir had always been careful with, but she'd accepted Chusi and her little band into Swiftcurrent's ranks with only minimal hesitation. She was a naturally gentle creature, and willing to extend others an opportunity to prove themselves as she continued to adapt to life as a leader. She hoped that they would not take advantage of her generosity, but whatever optimism she had for the ebony she-wolf seemed to take an immediate nosedive as she meandered into the crimson Alphess' clearing.

The scent that fogged her senses roused a low rumble of discontent within the dainty wolfess' throat, and she pulled herself lazily up onto her elbows to get a better look at the youth who wandered through her personal space. With a twitch of her nose and a brief, uncertain backward cant of her ginger lobes, she regarded one of Swiftcurrent's newest additions with some level of quiet suspicion. It became apparent that this female had been the one to recently stink up her home, and while Durnehviir's instinct urged her to assert herself, she chose to steel herself to gather more reliable evidence

"Of course," the pregnant leader's tail flopped lazily, gesturing with a point of her snout to the spot in the grass by her side in an invite to settle nearby. "Settling in well?"
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was usually a very likable girl, but she could see how her sudden sickness might have come across. She was oblivious as to what she had done, but perhaps Koji would tell her someday. She was a hard working creature but the whole situation had kept her from doing the things she was best in. Scouting out wasn't an option with Koji following her around, nor did walking the borders feel like her job now. They were with so many...

Chusi plopped her exhausted frame nearby the fiery female with an awkward smile. Even if she tried, she couldn't explain the situation. Alright - I guess. She answered not thinking much of the question. But she did want to ask about the things that had happened. 'Did become a lil' sick or somethin' fur a few days - but Koji stuck with meh 'n I'm feelin' much bettah now.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir's pale eyes followed Chusi's movement as she lowered herself onto the ground at her side, and she hoisted herself stiffly into a seated position. While the aroma that had concentrated parts of Swiftcurrent territory for the past few days had mostly diminished, it was becoming clearer by the minute that one of the pack's newest recruits was responsible for it. Frustration bubbled within the russet Frostfur - primarily aimed at herself for assuming her pack-mates would pick up the responsibility of keeping the offender in line.

"Oh?" Durnehviir asked, intrigued to hear what the younger female had thought of the situation she'd found herself in. "What were your symptoms?" She did not recall much of the frenzy she and Constantine had found themselves in a few months prior, but she knew enough to know what the end result would likely be. The only experience she'd had of the breeding season was a heat cycle the previous year, but she'd known better than to flaunt herself among the boys. Chusi mentioned one of her companions, Koji, and Durnehviir made a mental note of the boy's name should she need to reprimand him in the coming days.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
This is what happens when you don't educate ur kids - looking at you Arturo O_O

If anyone had told her what a heat was and what it did, she'd have fled from Koji the moment she had seen him. She'd have hidden herself in her own makeshift den until the whole thing blew by. But seeing as she had only ever really had a father (which found discussing the mating process a taboo thing to do) and mostly male friends, she had no clue it was even a thing. And she hadn't been around enough pregnant females for her to pick up the information, not she was very interested in the subject because surely she would never ever get pregnant.

'dunno - I just felt real hot. Like, if mah butt was on fire, but then on tha inside. She tried to explain. 'Had no clue whatta do - still not real sure of wha' happened, but it's gone now. She shrugged it off like it was nothing to worry about. She wasn't dying, Koji and her were great and everything was fine.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir remained silent as Chusi went on to explain, in great detail, what she'd felt through the duration of her heat cycle. She stared at her with a blank expression, briefly torn between allowing herself to be amused or annoyed at the girl's unusual description, and struggled with how to properly respond. Was she acting intentionally thick? Or perhaps she was genuinely none-the-wiser to the workings of her own anatomy. She had been forced to experience growing up as a female without any guidance for the changes she'd experience, for it wasn't in Viinturuth's nature to sit her down for the infamous "birds and bees" chat.

The leader in her, inexperienced as she was, was deeply concerned. If Chusi had conceived an unlawful litter, the decision on what to do with any resulting pups would likely fall to Durnehviir. A large part of her was unwilling to accept any children born to the Creek other than her own, for she was not sure how many their pack could support. Her own litter would be the pack's number one priority, and she intended to keep it that way.

But could she truly sentence innocent babes to their deaths, and live with their blood on her paws?

"Do you remember anything else?" Durnehviir encouraged with forced gentleness, pressing for more details. "Did anybody touch you? Koji?"
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
No matter if she understood what it had done or not, thinking back to their time spent together did bring a blush to her cheeks. They weren't in love like durnehviir and Constantine, they had only recently met, but she couldn't deny she now felt special around Koji. He had been so protective of her, probably because he didn't want others to get sick too (how nice of him), and she had a hard time keeping him out of her thoughts for very long.

Oh yeah - he made it worse first, but he did somethin' when he was atop'o meh. 'Can't really describe it. She wasn't even trying to be naive. This was just her not understanding the situation at all, and it was clear from her expression she really had no clue what had happened.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir held her breath for a moment and when her raven pack-mate's words confirmed her suspicion, she released it sharply in a frustrated huff. She wasn't really sure how she was supposed to feel about the entire situation, but with Chusi's response came the prompt decision that yes, she was an idiot, and intentional or not there was no excuse for the actions of both Chusi and her fellow offender.

"How dare you," the crimson wolfess hissed, gathering herself onto her paws and fixing the other wolfess with a sharp, pointed stare. "No one permitted you to mate. I allowed your group into my home, and this is how you repay me?"
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi visibly shrunk when the alpha wolfess jumped and hissed words she did not understand. Dare what? Let a friend help her with a sickness she had recently developed? But then the pieces clicked. One by one, the puzzle was nearing completion, and what was left on Chusi's face was a horrified stare into the other female's fiery colors. Fucking... The act Ingram had so vulgarly described. The word she wasn't allowed to use. The thing that had gotten Lotte and every mother ever pregnant...

Mate...? I - How did I - I didn't know! Chusi stammered, placing her feet below her belly so she could run if the other decided killing her for the act was a proper punishment. Koji didn't say anythin' - no one evah did... I - I... Could I now be... She didn't want to finish that question. It was clear as day that what she had done might result in her spawning her own offspring...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Chusi shrunk back, her eyes wide with surprise and confusion as she gazed up at the suddenly hostile Alphess. Durnehviir continued to seethe, her fierce gaze pinning the dark-furred subordinate beneath a dangerous glower, lip curling back to reveal her fangs as she emitted an enraged snarl directly in her face as the girl proceeded to stammer.

"You fool," the crimson Frostfur spat, fury wild in her champagne irises. "What did you think would happen!?" She stood there, bristled, ginger ears laced back and tail flagging dominantly over her hindquarters, her words tailing off to a low growl of annoyance. With Chusi's absent common sense, Durnehviir wondered how the heck she had managed to live so long.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Now if only Koji was there to explain his thoughts on what he had done. He was older and probably had known what they were doing and what it might result in. Her gaze was cast upon the ground in shame, a thousand thoughts racing through her mind as she thought of ways to settle this. Of ways to stop the whole process in her tummy. But then... She'd be killing her own children. She wasn't sure if she could do that, nor if Koji would be okay with such a thing.

I-I just thought I was sick! What else could'it've been? She answered desperately. 'Didn't want this... 'Didn't want ta disrespect ya or Constantine like that... I don't know what-... She felt so horrible. More horrible than when she had lost her family. More horrible than when she was banished from Grimnismal. Even more horrible than when she was still with her biological mother.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Chusi rambled and, throughout her desperate assurance that she knew no better, Durnehviir fumed as not one her words came in the form of an apology. The sharpness of her glare intensified, boring into the side of the dark wolfess' face to note that she had cleverly averted her gaze downward. Had Chusi dared lift her muzzle to make eye contact, the russet Alphess may not have hesitated in pressing her fangs to her hide.

"Get out of my sight," Durnehviir snarled with an upward curl of her lips, lacking the patience for Chusi's idiocy and dismissing the her from her den-site so she could reign in her temper to focus on how to better deal with the latest drama that had found its way into her life.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
With a sad and scared whimper, Chusi darted away with her fluffy tail between her legs, never once daring to look the fiery alphess in the eyes. She had royally fucked up, that was for sure. She didn't think she'd ever made someone so mad - she never wanted to make anyone mad or disappointed. Yet she was disappointed in herself and surely the whole pack would know about her blunder soon.

'm sorry... She peeped before making her quick exit. She needed some alone time, for soon she won't have any anymore.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She watched her go, scampering from the clearing and into the trees with her tail tucked. Only when Chusi was out of sight did Durnehviir sheathe her fangs and huff the breath she hadn't realised she'd been holding.

The pregnant leader turned away, making to pace around her den-site with her ginger ears laced back and her tail flagged. Her pride bruised and feeling as though she'd falter as a leader for allowing this mating to occur, Durnehviir seethed to herself as she awaited her mate's return to discuss their latest drama.