Northstar Vale and the walls kept tumbling down
Private  May 17, 2018, 08:53 PM
Alarian
Bracken Sanctuary
Governor
The Vale felt suffocating.
Each passing day brought further agitation to the Governor. He masked it well when @Delight was around, and could sometimes almost forget the feeling entirely in the other's presence; it festered in the background nonetheless. Lanawyn's brief appearance had only fuelled the flame. Of course he understood that she had to go back, tell the others, keep things in order, but— it hurt anyway. He couldn't shake the inexplicable feeling of abandonment.
Alarian paced anxiously, barely within Tindómë's borders and fighting a crushing jumble of emotions. He wondered bitterly about his packmates, thinking that it was much quieter here. Never again would he complain about that back home. His jaw tightened a bit. Fresh agitation coursed through him, lighting his limbs with restless energy; he needed to go home. He needed to go home. He needed to go home. Ugh!
The boy stopped suddenly, tail flicking like a pissed off cat. Had there been a cup to shove off the table, he would have done so gleefully. Unfortunately, Alarian would never experience that joy; instead, he put his nose to the ground and sullenly looked for his friend. He could use the company, he thought— well, Delight's company in particular, but shhh.

with everything falling down around me,
I'd like to believe in all the possibilities
May 19, 2018, 11:57 AM
Delight
Bracken Sanctuary
Chancellor

as if summoned by his healing friend's thoughts, delight materializes. the air in the vale has gone stiff and tense, lately, as if something is balanced precariously above them, on the verge of teetering off the edge. he knows queenie feels it too, but he doesn't know how to make himself care enough to act. 

at his core, he's kind of a coward.

that alarian has energy enough to be up and sulking is a good sign, he thinks, eyeing his expression. he wonders if he should be embarrassed that the other leader is seeing his pack in this state -- not that it was ever bustling -- but something heavy and passive has taken ahold of him. "hey," delight says, unbothered, and gives him a quick once over. "you look better," he says, thinking, maybe it's time for him to go. and maybe... maybe that means he needs, y'know, someone to walk him back.

there's only one place this road ever ends up and i don't want to die alone
May 19, 2018, 02:07 PM
Alarian
Bracken Sanctuary
Governor
Something almost like relief spread through his chest when Delight appeared; guilt, too, and the emotions warred for several beats. He hadn't meant to look so irritated when he actually found his friend. The Governor immediately softened— genuinely, to his own surprise— and moved a little closer.
Perhaps it was simply that he was the only one Alarian knew around here, but he had developed a fondness for the moon-eyed boy's company. He was struck suddenly with the thought that he wasn't Lily, though; he had realized he missed her as much as he missed Lanawyn. The boy wasn't certain yet what that meant, thinking with some panic of Korei and how that had gone (and thinking 'let's not, thanks')— but, now wasn't the time for those thoughts.
Hi, He murmured, smiling faintly. At Delight's comment, he became a little more aware of the burning-itching-sting of the healing wounds decorating his slim frame. Ali was doing better— walking didn't bother him so much, and the initial fatigue of being so injured had faded. The deepest reaches of the wounds were still healing, though, and he knew the journey ahead would be difficult. I am better— thank you. He paused, taking a breath. I would stay for awhile, to repay you for letting me heal here— but my pack needs me now. I could return soon— when I've settled things there, and I can be of use.
Alarian was many things, but he was not a boy fond of being in debt— nor was he particularly fond of being rude to those who showed him kindness. He knew Delight had not mentioned anything of that, but... well, he had to offer. For his own sake, if nothing else; if he was forced to give up his manners, too, he might just go insane.

with everything falling down around me,
I'd like to believe in all the possibilities
May 25, 2018, 11:58 AM
Delight
Bracken Sanctuary
Chancellor

delight can't read the mixed expressions on his friend's face -- he doesn't dwell on them, figuring, well, he got the shit kicked outta him and he's stranded away from home, it's fine. besides, the morwinyon has his own mixed bag to deal with: his conversation with queenie is fresh in his mind, the unavoidable fact that tindómë is barely a pack, that he's failed (as he always suspected he would in all honesty) at a time when there's kids on the way, a.k.a. the absolute worst time to fail.

he definitely thinks get out while you still can. his expression doesn't change. "of course," the androgyne says instead, shrugging a little uncomfortably. "you don't need to, that's fine -- not sure there'll be a pack to return to much longer anyway." 

delight could just ask outright like a normal fucking person, but let's be real. "i think queenie and i should walk you back," he says carefully, his eyes turning expectantly to alarian's face. it's a loaded offer -- delight and queenie's absence, even if temporary (ha) would essentially dissolve the pack -- but an honest one. whoever beat up alarian is still out there, an unknown threat, and he even in this fatigued state does not want to find out that his friend got straight up murdered on his way back home. the other half of the question (and then stay there?) he lets hang unsaid for now, waiting for a reaction.

there's only one place this road ever ends up and i don't want to die alone