Frogspawn Swamp I was the lightning before the thunder
34 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Evening had never been in a swamp before, and she half-hated it. Her paws were soaking and freezing, and they were only getting colder as dusk slowly turned to night. Still though, she thought perhaps that with this thick tree life, she might be able to come out even during the day. The thought excited her, but she couldn’t focus on that now. Normally, she would spend this time attempting to hunt, but she had the feeling she’d go hungry ’til the next sundown. It was beginning to storm and all she wanted to do was curl up in a cave or some animal’s den and sleep ’til it went away… if it ever went away.

She was so distracted by the weather that she did not notice that there was another wolf here. She had begun to move faster, the storm giving her a sense of urgency, and she nearly ran right into the woman. She gasped at the shape that appeared in front of her and stopped dead, maybe a foot away. In the dark, with the wind howling all around, Evening stared at the wolf in dread. “Are you a ghost?” she whispered. The wind snatched the whisper away so that the woman may or may not have heard it. Evening was frozen to the spot, staring with wide eyes at who she was beginning to imagine, in this terrible, frightening weather, might be some kind of swamp monster, or other impossible creature.
I will exit a thread after 10 days of no reply. Feel free to do the same.
Messages In This Thread
I was the lightning before the thunder - by Rosalyn - May 18, 2018, 12:59 AM
RE: I was the lightning before the thunder - by Evening - May 22, 2018, 07:50 PM